PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft of current players

Stillriledup
01-26-2016, 01:12 AM
If the top 5 teams in the 2016 NFL draft were able to select current nfl players from any team, how would the draft shake out. Since its likely that all 5 teams would select QBs, you can also give me the top non-QB list too if you want. Also assume that the player drafted will actually agree to go :D

1) Titans
2) Browns
3) chargers
4) cowboys
5) Jags

Who do the Titans pick at #1? Do they take someone like JJ Watt or do they go w Newton, Rodgers or Wilson even though they have a QB of the future?

Browns would probably take Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton I would guess.

azeri98
01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
All 5 take a QB.

cj
01-26-2016, 10:55 PM
If the top 5 teams in the 2016 NFL draft were able to select current nfl players from any team, how would the draft shake out. Since its likely that all 5 teams would select QBs, you can also give me the top non-QB list too if you want. Also assume that the player drafted will actually agree to go :D

1) Titans
2) Browns
3) chargers
4) cowboys
5) Jags

Who do the Titans pick at #1? Do they take someone like JJ Watt or do they go w Newton, Rodgers or Wilson even though they have a QB of the future?

Browns would probably take Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton I would guess.

1) Luck
2) Newton
3) Rodgers
4) Wilson
5) Mariota

PhantomOnTour
01-26-2016, 11:02 PM
1) Luck
2) Newton
3) Rodgers
4) Wilson
5) Mariota
I would take Jameis Winston over Mariota

cj
01-26-2016, 11:06 PM

I debated that one. but I'm not really a Jameis fan.

ManU918
01-26-2016, 11:21 PM
This thread is confusing... Is every NFL player thrown into the pool or are the teams drafting just able to take anyone off of other teams? If every player isn't thrown into the pool I don't think Tennessee would draft a QB. If every player is and the Titans no longer hold the rights to Mariota then they obviously would draft a QB.

This is an interesting concept and I think a league that is struggling rating wise would be smart to eventually do this. I'm not sure logistically or financially if its possible because of sponsors, contracts, etc. But I always thought about this.

Sometimes me and a few friends will meet up and put one or two hundred dollars up per man and draft a team on Madden, NBA 2k, MLB, etc and simulate, sign free agents, etc and whoever wins the most Championships over 10 seasons gets the thousand dollars or whatever is in the pool that night. Its fun as shit. Especially in NBA, NHL and MLB where the computer ran franchises offer you trades throughout the season.

Maybe if we can get 32 total posters to commit to a 24 round draft we can start a thread of all the current NFL players and hold a draft to see what each posters starting lineup in the NFL would look like if they were given the opportunity to draft a team from scratch. 24 rounds... 11 offense/11 defense then 1 kicker/1 punter... Not get into the LS and shit.

ManU918
01-26-2016, 11:23 PM

Wow....

ManU918
01-26-2016, 11:38 PM
I debated that one. but I'm not really a Jameis fan.

I would take Derek Carr over Jameis.

Stillriledup
01-27-2016, 11:13 AM
This thread is confusing... Is every NFL player thrown into the pool or are the teams drafting just able to take anyone off of other teams? If every player isn't thrown into the pool I don't think Tennessee would draft a QB. If every player is and the Titans no longer hold the rights to Mariota then they obviously would draft a QB.

This is an interesting concept and I think a league that is struggling rating wise would be smart to eventually do this. I'm not sure logistically or financially if its possible because of sponsors, contracts, etc. But I always thought about this.

Sometimes me and a few friends will meet up and put one or two hundred dollars up per man and draft a team on Madden, NBA 2k, MLB, etc and simulate, sign free agents, etc and whoever wins the most Championships over 10 seasons gets the thousand dollars or whatever is in the pool that night. Its fun as shit. Especially in NBA, NHL and MLB where the computer ran franchises offer you trades throughout the season.

Maybe if we can get 32 total posters to commit to a 24 round draft we can start a thread of all the current NFL players and hold a draft to see what each posters starting lineup in the NFL would look like if they were given the opportunity to draft a team from scratch. 24 rounds... 11 offense/11 defense then 1 kicker/1 punter... Not get into the LS and shit.

You know what I didn't think of that. I guess the caveat would be that every player from the 5 teams mentioned is safe.

Stillriledup
01-27-2016, 11:17 AM
1) Luck
2) Newton
3) Rodgers
4) Wilson
5) Mariota

Interesting list. Newton same age as Luck, and is likely mvp and SB winner. But I can't disagree that the top picking team might be concerned at all the hits cam is taking (and dishing).

Secondbest
01-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Browns would probably take a punter