PDA

View Full Version : Racing Results data

deelo
01-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Anyone know where I can easily see fractional times for races listed in a more row by row format? I'm putting them into a spreadsheet for something and right now I'm accessing each race chart individually, it's taking too much time.

Fox
01-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Anyone know where I can easily see fractional times for races listed in a more row by row format? I'm putting them into a spreadsheet for something and right now I'm accessing each race chart individually, it's taking too much time.

Is this something you are trying to automate or are you just looking to manually enter into a spreadsheet and just are looking for something visually easier to read?

deelo
01-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Right now just need something easier to read through and manually enter. If it ends up yielding what i want it to, i'll consider spending the money for text charts to automate it.

cj
01-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Right now just need something easier to read through and manually enter. If it ends up yielding what i want it to, i'll consider spending the money for text charts to automate it.

There are really only two options, comma delimited files (which cost money) and PDF charts which don't.

deelo
01-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Thanks, found em...pdf charts at drf. This should make it a little easier for now.

If I bought the comma-delimited files, do i need to write a program that pulls the values i want or is this somewhat easy to do into excel. I don't have much programming experience.

Fox
01-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks, found em...pdf charts at drf. This should make it a little easier for now.

If I bought the comma-delimited files, do i need to write a program that pulls the values i want or is this somewhat easy to do into excel. I don't have much programming experience.

If you just want date, track, race and fractional times of the race, your best bet would be to use brisnet instant results. You can copy and paste the page into an excel sheet and it would be pretty simple to create an excel macro to extract that info and make it nice and neat.

You said your programming experience is not much, but writing vba macros is a pretty easy and can save a lot time for stuff like this. It's pretty fun too.

deelo
01-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Nice, appreciate the tips. Will give that a look.

jasperson
02-02-2016, 10:40 AM
I don't have anything to extract times, but I wrote a program to extract the payoffs from bris flash results. I used it to put the payoffs into my data base and would give it to anyone who could use it

UltimateBetter
02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Can you pm your email