PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 1-25-16

rrpic6
01-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Spot Plays for MVRC 1-25-16:

Race 2: #1A Tico Thunder: Interesting bunch of 3 year old Ohio Bred MSW's. Tico has the most experience and might be ready to get his picture taken. He finished strongly last race to finish 2nd and has a nice work since.
#3 Sun Hill.1st time starter for a barn that has done well with a small stable. He has two 6 furlong works at Turfway in the last month. Today's race is only 5 1/2 so he should be ready to go.
#8 Skip Royale. Ran 4th in a Stakes at Belterra last Summer. Has 2 3rds against MSW's.
#2 Buckeye Brown. A horse to watch for in the future. A son of Big Brown a rare thing to see in Ohio. Dam has 8 winners from 9 foals.

Race 8: #6 Prince Harlan. The 8th race is usually a tough call at MVR. Prince ran down NW2L in style last out. No reason he can't beat NW3L for hot combo of Leon/Iniro.
#8 Lord of the Light. Giglio having a great meet winning at a 41% clip so far. Have to worry about the 6 furlongs today however. Speed has held well so he might forget to stop.
#12 Peach Schnapps. Failed as chalk 4 times in a row here. Will get bet again by the locals who love the name. 6 furlongs also a problem.

Good Luck
RR

gib
01-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Very challenging but fun card at Mahoning Valley today. I'm glad that Ron straightened out race 8. I am still scratching my head but anxious to see how it plays out.

Ramblings aren't always wagers.

ALERT: Rising temperatures could create a quirky, thawing race track if the sun breaks out this afternoon in Austitown, Ohio.

Race 1 - #2 GDANSK overpowered several of these 06Jan to be clearly much "the best of the rest" when run down late; cutback helps; Team Pappada has been sending out runners. Rodney Faulkner's pair adds some back class to the mix; #1A (PP8) GULPORT WEEKEND rallied along the rail last time. #6 GENEVA LAKE gets a major jock switch -

Race 2 - #1A (POE, PP8) TICO THUNDER was all business when set down late last time to nip LUKEYONTHELOOSE who returned to dust several of theses 11Jan. #8 (PP9) SKIP ROYALE should improve second off a layoff for Robert Gorham -

Race 3 - Forgive #6 (PP7) LA NINA BRONCA for a tough loss to solid open milers last time; meets Ohio company today. Slick going this afternoon would give #3 LAVA ROCKS a chance to skip home on the lead. #1 (POE, PP1) RIVER CITY GIRL took down tough CHAIN YANKER in December -

Race 4 - #8 PETER'S CREEK wove through traffic on a tough day to make up ground behind #7 DON'T WASTE MY TIME gets in here on a technicality having been DQ'd in October; abundance of speed will be a challenge. Another old timer #5 TACKY ANGEL switches to Dean Sarvis -

Race 5 - #1 (POE, PP8) LITTLE MISS MORGAN needed last; well posted; entrymate doubles chances in WIDE OPEN race. #2 (PP1) HILL'S OF GOLD returns to realistic level; must go early from tough post position. #4 (PP3) OUR EYE CANDY off show effort behind good company; lasting is an issue for this lady -

Race 6 - Repeating is tough but #10 LIME DROP KID appears the purest router in this line-up; an under achiever for his breeding MVR could be his sweet spot. Suspiciously lightly raced and laid up since joining Elliot Sullivan's barn #8 PARKTOWN is lots of horse when right; shows numerous evenly spaced local work outs. Back from a freshening #2 EL CHIVO VIEJO fits with these; on the rise Joe Poole is clicking at 31% in 2016 -

Race 7 - Head to head match-ups favor #6 SEATTLE PRINCE off a lackluster effort in a bulky field on a freaky surface 05Jan; Samuel Bermudez takes the reigns. It must be comeback day in the Sullivan barn #4 ALTERNATIVE returns after an abbreviated 2015 campaign; best distance -

Race 8 - The finale at MVR is typically an adventure. Past performance logic isn't always the solution to nailing the winner; today several top barns face off with interesting sprinters: #6 PRINCE HARLAN might eat up the added distance; Inerio/Leon 50% winners. #8 LORD OF LIGHT gets fits jump; sharp since discovering this surface; Dominic Giglio Jr. has won with 4 of his last 9 runners. #11 PEACH SCHNAPPS was still running late 29Dec; can get more ground. #9 IM MR RIGHT running style fits this distance. Paddock decision -

Visit http://shouttheodds.net/ with or advice or for "sorta live" updates.

rrpic6
01-26-2016, 09:15 AM
I'll pat Gib and The Postman on the back for 1-25 picks. If you keyed top pick in Race 2 spot play you hit the exacta, tri and super. Gib had 3 of 4 in the pick 4 with his top picks. The Postman added an obvious contender #4 Our Eye Candy to his ticket and cashed the pick 4.

RR

gib
01-26-2016, 09:45 AM
I'll pat Gib and The Postman on the back for 1-25 picks. If you keyed top pick in Race 2 spot play you hit the exacta, tri and super. Gib had 3 of 4 in the pick 4 with his top picks. The Postman added an obvious contender #4 Our Eye Candy to his ticket and cashed the pick 4.

RR

Just another day for the POSTMAN. Unusually strong for me but should have done better at the windows.

Thanks for the shoutout; congratulations on your pick four score!

Let's gettem again today - as always running late on Tuesday - senior citizen day at Perkins . . .

paddy79
01-26-2016, 10:31 AM
nice work guys, keep it up! looks like a tough card today

gib
01-26-2016, 11:41 AM
nice work guys, keep it up! looks like a tough card today

Thanks - Tuesday looks very tough in my book.