PDA

View Full Version : EAST COAST

mikesal57
01-22-2016, 10:10 AM
To all that will be affected by the storm....

Please be safe and use your brains!!!

Stay home and bet the West Coast and watch the races in the sunshine..
and wish you were there

Mike

delayjf
01-22-2016, 10:37 AM
I live here in SoCal, but I'm from Nebraska - I miss the snow.

boxcar
01-22-2016, 11:09 AM
To all that will be affected by the storm....

Please be safe and use your brains!!!

Stay home and bet the West Coast and watch the races in the sunshine..
and wish you were there

Mike

Geesh! What's wrong with the tracks in the sunny and warm S.E.? Besides that...there's no time lag. :D

mikesal57
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Geesh! What's wrong with the tracks in the sunny and warm S.E.? Besides that...there's no time lag. :D

Sure....no snow there...just a sloppy /off-turf Tampa :bang:

boxcar
01-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Sure....no snow there...just a sloppy /off-turf Tampa :bang:

And GP for that matter but so what? There's always FG and OP, as well. Quite a menu of ovals in the S.E. Plus the average fields are larger at most of these tracks than what SA offers. :jump: :jump:

Tom
01-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Milk, eggs, bread.....now go home.

ManU918
01-22-2016, 02:13 PM
I'm lucky enough to have 5 Super Markets (Wegmans, Trader Joe's, ACME, Giant and Whole Foods) within 5 minutes of where I live. I just got home from making a run and you would think The Walking Dead was going to come to fruition. I think were only going to get like 20 inches in the Philadelphia area... It's not like 96 when we got around 6 feet. If I remember i'll take some before and after pictures.

EMD4ME
01-22-2016, 05:55 PM
SAM HOUSTON BABY!!! LOVE THAT TRACK. Will stay in and play SAM all night long. Good stakes later on in the card tonight.

Greyfox
01-22-2016, 06:11 PM
CNN reporters are hypocrites!
They keep telling viewers "Keep off the roads!" and they are out driving around themselves.
They report visibility is "a quarter mile" and clearly it's farther than that.
I was in a snow blizzard storm in Michigan once where you couldn't see 75 yards.
Lots of snow might fall, but making things out to be worse than they are just for the sake of the news cycle is wrong.

therussmeister
01-22-2016, 07:58 PM
And GP for that matter but so what? There's always FG and OP, as well. Quite a menu of ovals in the S.E. Plus the average fields are larger at most of these tracks than what SA offers. :jump: :jump:
FG & OP both cancelled.

Inner Dirt
01-22-2016, 11:21 PM
They keep telling viewers "Keep off the roads!" and they are out driving around themselves.
They report visibility is "a quarter mile" and clearly it's farther than that.
I was in a snow blizzard storm in Michigan once where you couldn't see 75 yards.
Lots of snow might fall, but making things out to be worse than they are just for the sake of the news cycle is wrong.

I guess I would rather the storm did less than hyped instead of more. Looks we will fall short here I am in the 20-24" band that had a blizzard warning. So far in 12 hours of snowing there are 5" accumulated with another 4-8" forecast additional. The blizzard warning has been lifted and the wind hasn't even hit 10mph and it was supposed to be 30mph+.

Tall One
01-23-2016, 01:26 AM
you're about on the same weather line as I am in this crap, but we got a good foot here..higher in some places because we did get wind earlier. Just looked outside, its still flurrying a bit, so you could get some more overnight.

Not sure why TP cancelled tonight, as I was told NKY didn't get any accumulation. Cincy news had to drive to Bethel, OH to find some..But, its been in the 20's all day, so that's probably why they called it.

Track Collector
01-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Well, it is time for the (first) plow of the driveway with the snowblower. Looks about 14 inches with about another foot expected here in the Hagerstown, MD area.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your captive home time!

Inner Dirt
01-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Looks like the snow storm closed with a rush last night. I kept checking and because of sleet the accumulation stayed at 5" till 4am when I finally went to bed and stayed there. Looked out at 8:30am starting the morning coffee and all my earlier shoveling was wiped out and then some.
I am guessing the accumulation might be at 12" or so and the wind has kicked up to over 10mph. Just worried about losing power, I am all electric, on a well, and one of the last customers on the grid. I also sold my generator when I moved from Cali and didn't replace it.

I am prepared to lose power and survive, but it would suck.

Tom
01-23-2016, 10:38 AM

This morning, a CNN team was off the road by an exit, where a truck was stuck, a tow truck was there, and cops trying to free it.

The idiot on the mic is standing in the lane as a "heard" of plows - 8-10 - come by, almost plowing him under! Then, they left the CNN truck buried.

So far, around here......0 inches.
Warming up today.

Might grill a steak or two out tonight.

ldiatone
01-23-2016, 11:20 AM
pa turnpike backed up for miles in the western part of Pa. Duquesne University mens basketball team stuck on the 'pike for 17 hrs! :eek:

Track Collector
01-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Round 1 is done. The wife measured the snow at 19 inches so far.

A cup of hot chocolate sure tastes good after coming in from the cold! :)

mikesal57
01-23-2016, 03:25 PM
AS of 9Pm last nite the continued to say its a blizzard with only 7-12 in of snow

:lol:

I'm still looking for my car in the drive way

Robert Fischer
01-23-2016, 06:28 PM
I had the bright idea of getting back with my ex, "because it's her birthday"...

Fight on Friday night, hopefully I can safely leave Sunday morning. Hopefully.

20" Feels like 6 feet of snow to me. I vote 'Blizzard'.

ManU918
01-23-2016, 06:33 PM
I had the bright idea of getting back with my ex, "because it's her birthday"...

Fight on Friday night, hopefully I can safely leave Sunday morning. Hopefully.

20" Feels like 6 feet of snow to me. I vote 'Blizzard'.

So I take it you guys didn't Netflix and Chill last night?

Inner Dirt
01-23-2016, 07:53 PM
17" here, it might make the 18-24" or 20-24" depending on who you followed, it looked like it was going to fall way short after day one, but it never stopped snowing. No blizzard yet, winds never went much over 10 mph, but they were high enough to cause drifts to semi fill the paths I shoveled.

EMD4ME
01-23-2016, 09:25 PM
As I was betting race 4 at Sam Houston and getting ready to punch in my SAM Houston Pick 5 bets in, NYRA's system crashed.

I called the 800-THE-NYRA and I of course got, a Twin Spires operator (thanks Mr Cuomo for outsourcing so many jobs to Kentucky you POS) who told me "our" system was down.

I asked her if Twin Spires' system is working, they of course said yes. :D

Thankfully, in times of a blizzard, I have 3 ADWs to work with :)

Nothing wil stop us diehards!

EMD4ME
01-23-2016, 09:27 PM
And of course, 5 minutes after the Pick 5 starts AND 30 seconds after I type my last post, NYRA is back up :jump: :jump: :jump:

I should've spoken about how I lost the lotto :lol: :lol:

Tall One
01-23-2016, 09:39 PM
I called the 800-THE-NYRA and I of course got, a Twin Spires operator (thanks Mr Cuomo for outsourcing so many jobs to Kentucky you POS) who told me "our" system was down.

:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
01-24-2016, 12:31 AM
20+ " here. It has stopped snowing as of 12 AM or so. City will be paralyzed until Wednesday or Thursday.

hcap
01-24-2016, 03:24 AM
NYS about 70 miles southwest of Albany.

Nothing at all.

lamboguy
01-24-2016, 04:53 AM
i feel bad for NYC getting hit hard last night. i wish they didn't get hit at all, i had a horse in today and they cancelled the card. but the good news is that i got my snowblower started after it stalled 4 times and i did my large driveway and walkway's. we only got 5 inches in Boston, but its sure better than shoveling.

cj's dad
01-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Baltimore set a record for a 2 day snowfall of 30". The snow began falling at 5PM Friday and continued through until Sunday at 12:45 AM. I cannot see the hood of my Grand Marquis.

Redboard
01-24-2016, 09:18 AM
20 inches but didn't lose power!

The power company here really sucks. My neighborhood loses power at the drop of a hat. I had my bags packed and ready to move in with relatives across the river. Hard to believe no interruptions.

:ThmbUp:

Tom
01-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Finger Lakes could run today.
Nothing here, forecast for near 50 Wednesday, warm all week.

(of course, we still have 2 inches left melting from LAST year! :lol: )

Robert Fischer
01-24-2016, 10:46 AM
So I take it you guys didn't Netflix and Chill last night?

no , but I did do some good snow shoveling.

Was out there at 5am to finally free my car and escape. :D

ManU918
01-24-2016, 11:57 AM
no , but I did do some good snow shoveling.

Was out there at 5am to finally free my car and escape. :D

Good job. Nothing worse than being stuck with someone you don't want to be with.