PDA

View Full Version : Hey Canadiens!

Tom
06-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Anyone familiar with the Fast Ferry between Rochester and Toronto? I want to take the Ferry up and go to Woodbine, no car. Is there public transportation from the landing to the track? This could be a good deal-$38 one way, no car. Spend a day at the track, come home well fed and rested from my two hour boat-nap! lol

Figman
06-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Is this a "bananaboat?"

trying2win
06-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Tom,

I'm a Canadian eh, but in Quebec a person might refer to themselves as a Canadien.

Zafonic might know how to get to Woodbine without a car.

T2W

Zman179
06-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Directions from Fast Ferry Terminal to Woodbine Racetrack:

According to the Fast Ferry website, a shuttle bus will be available from the dock to Yonge Street in Downtown Toronto (about 1½ miles). Taxis also available, no direct TTC bus service from the dock (TTC: Toronto Transit Commission - operates all local bus & subway services within the City of Toronto)

From Yonge Street:
1) Board the Finch/Downsview subway line (operates every 5 minutes) and take it in either direction. Get off at Bloor/Yonge if on a Finch-bound train or get off at Spadina if on a Downsview-bound train.

2) Change to the Kipling/Kennedy subway line (operates every 5 minutes) bound for KIPLING. Get off at the Islington station (next to last stop).

3) Change to the 37A bus (operates every 20 minutes). Bus will let you off at the doors of Woodbine Racetrack.

Day pass for unlimited use of TTC services costs $7.75CDN (apx. $5.68US). Trip will take about 1 hour.

Info: http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/
TTC System Map: http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/pdf/rideguide.pdf

CryingForTheHorses
06-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Have heard they have had issues with this boat!!..Seems it was leaking..cant tell you anymore then that...

Tom
06-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Zman..thanks. Sounds like a fun adventure jsut to get there!
Will be going w/o 7/5/04.

Mcshell....the boat is cursed-that's why I am leaving my car home!
They sailed it from Australia to NYC - hit the docks and put a 21 foot gash in the side! Fixed that, sailed from NYC to Rochester thorught St Lawrence Seaway- scrapped it up a bit on the sides of the locks.
Finally got her here, then found out Toronto wasn't paying for customers on their end. Temperary deal in place.
This week, they announced the ticket discounts were all over and full prices, well, actually, full+ prices were now in effect. Trouble is, the discounts expired BEFORE the first voyage took place!
You heard the old song Ship of Fools? I just gotta ride this thing!

:D

cryptic1
06-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Take a life preserver, you'll need it, given the ferry's short
history.

cryptic1

Zman179
06-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Who cares if it leaks? What's a little water? :p

Small correction on my directions for Tom:
The branch between Downsview & Finch is called the "Yonge/University/Spadina" line.
The branch between Kipling & Kennedy is called the "Bloor/Danforth" line.
All signs will reflect the above names.

Zaf
06-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by trying2win
Tom,

I'm a Canadian eh, but in Quebec a person might refer to themselves as a Canadien.

Zafonic might know how to get to Woodbine without a car.

T2W

I always drive to Woodbine.

Tom,

Leave a little extra time , that excursion will take longer than you think. Drunk one night I took the Bus and The Rocket (Subway) from Woodbine to the Greenwood Race Teletheather, Jeez it took forever.

ZAFONIC

trying2win
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Zman..thanks. Sounds like a fun adventure jsut to get there!
Will be going w/o 7/5/04.

:D

Tom,

If you're going to Woodbine on July 5/04 to play the thoroughbred races, you'll be sadly disappointed. The thoroughbreds don't race at Woodbine that day. Only the harness horses race there on that evening. Then again, maybe that's why you're going to Woodbine on that day. Just to play the harness races. I don't know.

T2W

Zaf
06-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by trying2win
Tom,

T2W

I'm not unemployed or smuggling cigarette across the border.
I don't watch the hockey game doing it doggie style and
no I don't know Claude Menard or Francois in Abbitibi Temiscamagne but I'm sure they all have nice teeth.

I smoke in church, I speak Quebecois and Joual , not French or Henglish. I pronounce it turd not third, and eating French Fries with cheese makes sense mon ostie.

I believe in distinct society, as long as someone else pays for it, I believe in language police, not equal rights, and colis I believe Club Super Sexe is an appropriate place for my wife and me to celebrate our anniversaire, What the hell she goes on at 10 anyway.

In Quebec the Stanley Cup actually comes around more often than Haley's Comet. I can get beer at the Depanneur, not the convenience store, and maybe I can't turn right on a red light but tabarnac I can go right through it, because Quebec is the world's largest producer of Maple Syrup, the home of Celine Dion and Roch Voisine, the land where everybody is shacking up, and the legal drinking age is just a suggestion.

Je m'appelle Guy and I AM NOT CANADIAN :p :p :p :D :D

RXB
06-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Two egg side by each and a pair of toast, si vous plait, merci.

Tom
06-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Why do the French only eat one egg for breakfast?

Because in France, one is egg is "an oeuf."

kingfin66
06-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by zafonic
I don't watch the hockey game doing it doggie style and
anyway.

This begs the question: How can both of you watch the game at the same time.;)