PDA

View Full Version : IRS Scam

upthecreek
01-19-2016, 05:45 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-campaign-tackle-phone-scammers/

Just hang up!!

whodoyoulike
01-19-2016, 07:37 PM
I received these calls a couple of years ago over a period of a couple of weeks. Luckily, each exact same taped message went to my voicemail but the funny thing about the ones I received after threatening me with fines if I didn't make a return call to their phone number ended with "God bless!" as a closing remark.

That was my tip off, I just couldn't imagine the I.R.S. saying "God bless".

boxcar
01-19-2016, 07:59 PM
This scam makes a strong case for a consumer-based tax to replace the Marxist-based income tax system.

DRIVEWAY
01-19-2016, 10:54 PM
This scam makes a strong case for a consumer-based tax to replace the Marxist-based income tax system.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thaskalos
01-19-2016, 11:16 PM
I didn't know that the IRS was in the habit of threatening people over the phone.

I thought the threats came in the mail.

onefast99
01-20-2016, 01:31 PM
I had to play along with the call I got. The guy asked me for the payment type 3 times before he told me the amount or the reason for the penalty. He also said he can have all the members of my family arrested for non payment but his manager told him that just for today that wouldn't be necessary if I made the payment.

thaskalos
01-20-2016, 01:50 PM
I had to play along with the call I got. The guy asked me for the payment type 3 times before he told me the amount or the reason for the penalty. He also said he can have all the members of my family arrested for non payment but his manager told him that just for today that wouldn't be necessary if I made the payment.

My local police department called and asked me for a cash donation once...and I obliged. Consequently...they called me twice a year for the next 3 years...and I contributed to them each time. And then a police officer came to my door at 3 o'clock in the morning and ticketed my parked car for an expired city sticker...and I vowed never to contribute to the local cops ever again. When the police called me again asking for the bi-annual cash contribution...I told them that I wouldn't be giving them any more money...and I also told them the reason why I had changed my mind. The guy told me that he understood...and he hung up the phone.

A few minutes passed...and my phone rang again. This time...a guy who introduced himself as "Frank, from the FBI" told me that it would be a good idea if I reconsidered my decision to stop the police donations. I told him that my biggest regret was that I gave the police any money in the first place...and I hung up the phone.

It isn't just the criminals who pull these scams.

MONEY
01-20-2016, 03:05 PM
My local police department called and asked me for a cash donation once...and I obliged. Consequently...they called me twice a year for the next 3 years...and I contributed to them each time. And then a police officer came to my door at 3 o'clock in the morning and ticketed my parked car for an expired city sticker...and I vowed never to contribute to the local cops ever again. When the police called me again asking for the bi-annual cash contribution...I told them that I wouldn't be giving them any more money...and I also told them the reason why I had changed my mind. The guy told me that he understood...and he hung up the phone.

A few minutes passed...and my phone rang again. This time...a guy who introduced himself as "Frank, from the FBI" told me that it would be a good idea if I reconsidered my decision to stop the police donations. I told him that my biggest regret was that I gave the police any money in the first place...and I hung up the phone.

It isn't just the criminals who pull these scams.

It is very likely that your local police department had nothing to do with the people requesting contributions & did not benefit from your hard earned cash.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Telemarketing/Outbound/Minor/donations.htm

boxcar
01-20-2016, 03:32 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who do you suppose dreamed up the income tax system? Check out the 10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto sometime. (If memory serves, it's high up there!)

Boxcar
P.S. After you do, don't forget to have a good laugh -- on me, of course.

Tom
01-20-2016, 04:03 PM
There is no good reason to continue the IRS in any form.
Take away their skull rings and black suits and sent them packing.

IRS = Very Bad Crap

thaskalos
01-20-2016, 04:16 PM
It is very likely that your local police department had nothing to do with the people requesting contributions & did not benefit from your hard earned cash.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Telemarketing/Outbound/Minor/donations.htm
I thought of that...but whenever they received my donation, they would send me an official thank you note...along with a police-star sticker for my car window.

TJDave
01-20-2016, 04:31 PM
I thought of that...but whenever they received my donation, they would send me an official thank you note...along with a police-star sticker for my car window.

In Mexico, they don't bother with phone calls. They show up at your door hat in hand. While giving isn't mandatory it is highly recommended. And if you give enough it's a Monopoly card. ;)

DRIVEWAY
01-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Who do you suppose dreamed up the income tax system? Check out the 10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto . (If memory serves, it's high up there!)

Boxcar
P.S. After you do, don't forget to have a good laugh -- on me, of course.

I'll add it to my bucket list.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ebcorde
01-20-2016, 06:32 PM
(NOW TOM WILL KILL ME)

BACK IN 2007 MY TEAM HAD TO WRITE C++ CODE TO PREVENT SOME PEOPLE RECEIVING BUSH'S TAX REBATE. REMEMBER THAT?

TURNS OUT FOR YEARS IMMIGRANTS ON WORK VISAS WORKING ON LIKE A 1099 WOULD NEVER EVER PAY TAXES. ONCE THEY STARTED RECEIVING NOTICES, THEY WENT HOME. TOOK OVER 1-3 YEARS BEFORE A NOTICE IS SENT.

YOU GUYS WOULD BE SURPRISED AT THE SCAMS PEOPLE USE. GOVT KEEPS MOST OF US IN CHECK WITH THE W-2. IF THEY WANT ALL 1099. THE IRS WOULD LOSE BIG TIME.

TODAY ANOTHER BIG SCAM IS THIS COLLUSION WITH THE HR BLOCKS AND TURBO TAX. I REFUSE TO HAVE THEM DO MY TAXES AND TAKE A $100-$200 CUT.

crestridge
01-20-2016, 08:23 PM
I received a call from a stern "scammer"; however, I asked for his full name, badge # and from what area of the country he was calling from. Immediately upon asking these questions he hung up. I was able to obtain his area code and found he was calling from Seattle, and then went to the internet and found out a "scam" of this type was identified. At first, my heart started to race because they mentioned "legal action" , so if not warned, it can be troubling.

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2016, 07:42 PM
(NOW TOM WILL KILL ME)

BACK IN 2007 MY TEAM HAD TO WRITE C++ CODE TO PREVENT SOME PEOPLE RECEIVING BUSH'S TAX REBATE. REMEMBER THAT?

TURNS OUT FOR YEARS IMMIGRANTS ON WORK VISAS WORKING ON LIKE A 1099 WOULD NEVER EVER PAY TAXES. ONCE THEY STARTED RECEIVING NOTICES, THEY WENT HOME. TOOK OVER 1-3 YEARS BEFORE A NOTICE IS SENT.

YOU GUYS WOULD BE SURPRISED AT THE SCAMS PEOPLE USE. GOVT KEEPS MOST OF US IN CHECK WITH THE W-2. IF THEY WANT ALL 1099. THE IRS WOULD LOSE BIG TIME.

TODAY ANOTHER BIG SCAM IS THIS COLLUSION WITH THE HR BLOCKS AND TURBO TAX. I REFUSE TO HAVE THEM DO MY TAXES AND TAKE A $100-$200 CUT.Is there anything you haven't done? :rolleyes:

ebcorde
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Is there anything you haven't done? :rolleyes:

to quote Trump " you're a negative guy"