PDA

View Full Version : GB at AZ questions

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 05:37 PM
1) did the ball get knocked out of Janis' hand and touch the ground before he controlled it? Seems like that should have been reversed.

2) the Rodgers 2 Hail Marys on the final drive was the greatest sequence (4 plays) of plays In NFL history. You can't make that up, if you sent a movie script to hollywood about that sequence and labeled it 'based on a true story' it would get thrown in the trash.

3) the coin flip was the same ref that Was involved w the Patriots botched coin flip. Rodgers said he wasn't given the opportunity to call it, the ref just took his original call and flipped it before Aaron could call it again. Conspiracy theorists having field day here :D

kingfin66
01-18-2016, 05:42 PM
Don't forget the 40-yard pass interference penalty that wasn't called.

I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn the Green Bay touchdown. I could not see the ball hit the turf.

MutuelClerk
01-18-2016, 05:58 PM
1) did the ball get knocked out of Janis' hand and touch the ground before he controlled it? Seems like that should have been reversed. :D

We went to commercial. Need the Zapruder film to find out.

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Don't forget the 40-yard pass interference penalty that wasn't called.

I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn the Green Bay touchdown. I could not see the ball hit the turf.

It wasnt PI because they don't call PI on desperation plays, if that was in the first quarter it probably gets called, but there are different rules interpretations for different times of the game as well as game situations and scores. Is that right? No, but that's now they do it, that's their own standard. (Sort of how a bump in the ky derby isn't the same as a bump on Wednesday at Aqueduct)

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 06:05 PM
We went to commercial. Need the Zapruder film to find out.

I agree, they didnt really take a long time there, it was done 'in secret' and coincidentally, the review just happened to go in favor of the NFL, they got more commercial breaks because the game got elongated, so financially, it was more lucrative to them to leave the game tied.

Rookies
01-18-2016, 06:13 PM
1) did the ball get knocked out of Janis' hand and touch the ground before he controlled it? Seems like that should have been reversed.

NO

2) the Rodgers 2 Hail Marys on the final drive was the greatest sequence (4 plays) of plays In NFL history. You can't make that up, if you sent a movie script to hollywood about that sequence and labeled it 'based on a true story' it would get thrown in the trash.

Very cool!

3) the coin flip was the same ref that Was involved w the Patriots botched coin flip. Rodgers said he wasn't given the opportunity to call it, the ref just took his original call and flipped it before Aaron could call it again. Conspiracy theorists having field day here :D

Whiner & would he have mentioned it, if the first came down Tails? NO WAY!

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Whiner & would he have mentioned it, if the first came down Tails? NO WAY!

Is there a way to prove that Rodgers always calls the opposite of which side is up ? If you can, than its not about whether or not he mentions it. Stuff we will never know I guess.

I'm concerned that Janis dropped the ball, TV cameras weren't too interested in making sure he really caught it.

_______
01-18-2016, 08:56 PM
The ball never touches the ground. It looked like a touchdown when I watched the replays on TV and it still looks like a touchdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrnnUjccAU

Does it ever worry you when you are the only one that sees a controversy?

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 09:04 PM
The ball never touches the ground. It looked like a touchdown when I watched the replays on TV and it still looks like a touchdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrnnUjccAU

Does it ever worry you when you are the only one that sees a controversy?

The only one? Why would Al Michaels say 'there's a lot of discussion going on in ny right now' if I was the only one who noticed it?

_______
01-18-2016, 09:18 PM
The only one? Why would Al Michaels say 'there's a lot of discussion going on in ny right now' if I was the only one who noticed it?

I don't know. Maybe because he hadn't watched the replay?

24 hours after the fact, with the replay available to anyone with fingers and a keyboard, I'm not sure what you thought was controversial enough to start a thread.

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 09:25 PM
I don't know. Maybe because he hadn't watched the replay?

24 hours after the fact, with the replay available to anyone with fingers and a keyboard, I'm not sure what you thought was controversial enough to start a thread.

Looks to me like the ball is moving and not secured when the cardinal player punches it downward, I didnt see if the tip of the ball hit the ground because it disappears from view. They went to commercial and predictably enough, ruled it a good catch.

cj
01-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Looks to me like the ball is moving and not secured when the cardinal player punches it downward, I didnt see if the tip of the ball hit the ground because it disappears from view. They went to commercial and predictably enough, ruled it a good catch.

There was absolutely no visible evidence the ball hit the ground. How long are they supposed to look if there is nothing to see?

_______
01-18-2016, 09:45 PM

I see.

So they didn't overturn the on field ruling that it was a touchdown when there wasn't clear evidence to do so.

I agree it was predictable.

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 09:59 PM
There was absolutely no visible evidence the ball hit the ground. How long are they supposed to look if there is nothing to see?

They ran so fast to commercial I didnt notice if there might have been another camera angle that showed the ball hit the ground.

cj
01-18-2016, 10:10 PM
They ran so fast to commercial I didnt notice if there might have been another camera angle that showed the ball hit the ground.

I was watching, they showed everything they had, there was nothing to see.

MutuelClerk
01-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Officer Barbrady?

Valuist
01-21-2016, 12:36 AM
Should McCarthy have gone for 2 instead of settling for OT? There's a strong case for it:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-coaches-are-getting-away-with-crimes-against-middle-school-math/

Stillriledup
01-21-2016, 03:42 AM
Should McCarthy have gone for 2 instead of settling for OT? There's a strong case for it:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-coaches-are-getting-away-with-crimes-against-middle-school-math/

Cris or Al kind of laughingly suggested they go for 2, but they mentioned this before the cards even kicked off.

I was rooting for the cards and breathed a sigh of relief when GB kicked the PAT.

tucker6
01-21-2016, 06:15 AM
The stats say that GB could have gone for two and been successful, especially in light of the fact that they had AZ on their heels at that moment. Even though the NFL as a whole was 45 for 94 in 2015 on 2 pt conversions, GB was 4 for 6, which was second best (Pittsburgh was 8 for 11).

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-two-point-conversion-statistics/2015/

So the argument could be made that they should have gone for it. Now, if they had tried it and failed, we'd probably be on here saying it was the stupidest play in history and that they should have hoped for better odds in overtime with the 'grestest' qb in the NFL today.

garyscpa
01-21-2016, 07:50 AM
The stats say that GB could have gone for two and been successful, especially in light of the fact that they had AZ on their heels at that moment. Even though the NFL as a whole was 45 for 94 in 2015 on 2 pt conversions, GB was 4 for 6, which was second best (Pittsburgh was 8 for 11).

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-two-point-conversion-statistics/2015/

So the argument could be made that they should have gone for it. Now, if they had tried it and failed, we'd probably be on here saying it was the stupidest play in history and that they should have hoped for better odds in overtime with the 'grestest' qb in the NFL today.

No, Pete Carroll still holds the record for the stupidest play. :D

Stillriledup
01-21-2016, 01:58 PM
No, Pete Carroll still holds the record for the stupidest play. :D
Thank you!

kingfin66
01-22-2016, 10:21 PM
It wasnt PI because they don't call PI on desperation plays, if that was in the first quarter it probably gets called, but there are different rules interpretations for different times of the game as well as game situations and scores. Is that right? No, but that's now they do it, that's their own standard. (Sort of how a bump in the ky derby isn't the same as a bump on Wednesday at Aqueduct)

Your conspiracy theories aside, it was a PI that was not called and should have been. The ref simply missed the call. Just to be clear, I am not referring to hail mary passes thrown into the end zone, but rather to the pass to Janis on the left sideline.

Two other questions from the game:

* Why did Arians attempt a pass on 3rd down? The incompletion stopped the clock.

* Whey did Arians rush so many on the final hail mary? The result of the all out rush was that instead of having a mass of bodies in the end zone playing a glorified game of 500, you had Arizona DBs having to cover the Green Bay receivers.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 06:59 PM

* Why did Arians attempt a pass on 3rd down? The incompletion stopped the clock.

* Whey did Arians rush so many on the final hail mary? The result of the all out rush was that instead of having a mass of bodies in the end zone playing a glorified game of 500, you had Arizona DBs having to cover the Green Bay receivers.

You bring about two big flaws in Arians in the divisional game. The pass attempt was foolish, even if it was completed. Secondly, when are these coaches going to understand you cannot blitz a top QB like Rodgers because he will burn you....and he did.

Stillriledup
01-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Your conspiracy theories aside, it was a PI that was not called and should have been. The ref simply missed the call. Just to be clear, I am not referring to hail mary passes thrown into the end zone, but rather to the pass to Janis on the left sideline.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's something you learn by watching the games.

I watch games on occasion. ;)