PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 1-18-16

gib
01-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Ramblings aren't always wagers.

It is frigid in north east Ohio - sometimes speed dominates in these conditions.

Race 1 - Interesting match between stables with well bred stock that hasn't fulfilled early dreams: #4 (PP3) 4y0 Carson Pass was originally purchased in at Keeneland in the fall of 2012 for $210,00 but never raced. Gabes Stable plucked him for $10,000 at Fastipton last summer. If healthy today stopping after a half mile in his comeback race isn't a big deal. He could win for fun as potential lone speed. Mark Hubley has entered two for the same owner that won with MYAKKA PRINCE on Saturday. #1 (PP6) MAGIC APPLE (Hard Spun) and #1A (PP8) SECRET INVASION (Smart Strike) are both exiting allowance races and will be in position to pressure the top choice -

Race 2 - #4 (PP5) SUGAR RASHAD hasn't missed the board since finding Ohio. #1 (POE, PP2) BAYOU ST JOHN will insure a lively pace; cut back helps -

Race 3 - Expect the unexpected when Ohio-bred claimers gather; this bunch is very evenly matched: #4 D'LOVELY DANUTA tangled early with tough company last time; must get loose to score; frozen track might help. #3 HOLIDAY WEEKEND was among the wave that caught the rabbit 15Dec. #5 WILLA WANDO exited the same race to win -

Race 4 - #5 (PP4) DUTTONS PRIDE just earned his way into this condition for the hot Olivio Inirio/Sonny Leon combo; cutback should strengthen today's effort. #1A (POE, PP9) HEAVENLY MOMENT turns in very consistent route figs; deserving favorite. Solid efforts against open $4k claiming sprinters at big prices makes #8 (PP7) EVENING CONCERTO an acceptable alternative on the stretch out but not at the minimal morning line price -

Race 5 - #2 EIGHTTHEHARDWAY should get plenty of pace to run into; If there is a "speed of the speed" horse in here #7 LICENSE TO BLING gets the lean at this distance -

Race 6 - #9 AARON AGAIN has proven himself tougher than most front-running routers on a course very unkind to those types; this may be the least impressive group that he's met at MVR; perhaps back class kicks in today -

Race 7 - #8 HONKEY TALK MAN is more realistically spotted in second trip for new barn. #5 HOUR BY HOUR was sharp despite running behind track record setter over blazing surface 05Jan; #6 MR. HONEY BADGER may have moved early in that 05Jan match; switch to TD Houghton -

Race 8 - The finale at MVR is typically an adventure. Past performance logic isn't always the solution to nailing the winner; don't be afraid to jump on the day's prevailing track bias: #1 KALLIES KRUISIN did all the hard lifting before fading when several of these met 02Jan ; she may get to relax a bit today; cutback fits; 3 for 3 at the distance. #6 INCLUDE THE BROWNS nipped KK late last time. #10 BLACK JACK GIRL cruised by some of these late in the 02Jan event. #5 BAKIN WITH CINDY is a grinder who can pass tired horses if the pace gets crazy; her best distance -

Cards are recapped at http://shouttheodds.net/

rrpic6
01-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Looks like racing is still on for MLK Day at MVRC. Gib looks to have grabbed an early Postman's Picks sheet..LOL! Not much to add to spot plays for today as Gib looks spot on. I will add that I like #9 La Panchita in Race 8. Trainer Shane Spiess has been doing well with layoffs, including his own. He won the nitecap on Wednesday with a 80-1 maiden. This one at least has some back class.
#3 Include the Browns has taken to finding ways to lose like namesake. "Wait til next year" is here for both. Tread lightly in the last race as its sometimes a wild one.

Good Luck
RR

gib
01-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Looks like racing is still on for MLK Day at MVRC. Gib looks to have grabbed an early Postman's Picks sheet..LOL!
Good Luck
RR
I wish that I had your "hot sheet" but gib is a chicken. Playing from home today. The way I've been playing it's good to know that I'm in the ballpark with THE POSTMAN.

As for INCLUDE THE BROWNS - a very tough name to support given 50 years of disappointments along the northcoast :)

rrpic6
01-18-2016, 05:36 PM
INCLUDE THE BROWNS snatches defeat from the jaws of victory again. BLACK JACK GIRL passes her up at the wire. Didn't Johnny Football play Black Jack in Vegas the night before the Browns last game? Somehow that never dawned on me until now.

RR

gib
01-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Don't have the pps in front of me but didn't he titilate the railbirds the last time down the stretch before losing? Unreal.

I'm sure Johnny Football played a little of EVERYTHING in Vegas.

I was surprised that the jocks rode today. More of the same tomorrow it looks like.