PDA

View Full Version : Conference championship round

Valuist
01-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Carolina -3 (-123)

Will this come off the board? Just heard Schefner say on ESPN Palmer's finger has to be evaluated. But that's not why I'm on the Panthers. I was far more impressed by their win than Arizona's. I think many have doubted Carolina; their division wasn't good. They've now beaten Seattle twice and won much easier yesterday than the final margin.

YTD 51-38-1

ebcorde
01-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Carolina -3 (-123)

Will this come off the board? Just heard Schefner say on ESPN Palmer's finger has to be evaluated. But that's not why I'm on the Panthers. I was far more impressed by their win than Arizona's. I think many have doubted Carolina; their division wasn't good. They've now beaten Seattle twice and won much easier yesterday than the final margin.

YTD 51-38-1

Carolina wins , The Patriots win.

The AFC is a terrible conference, it's Brady, Manning or a third team (Baltimore, Pittsburgh) every year. and it's boring as hell. Goodell should fine the AFC teams not trying or come up with a relegation scheme, or new playoff scheme. Over half the AFC is not trying to win a super bowl.

ebcorde
01-18-2016, 10:52 AM
QB at the right time. I would not bet against the Panthers QB the next two games.

tucker6
01-18-2016, 11:05 AM
surprised the NE game opened at -2.5 pts. It is now at 3.5 pts for NE. This game will all be about the Denver D versus Brady. Manning played very average yesterday as per his usual self, and that isn't going to cut it.

Secondbest
01-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Denver beat the pats 30-24 week 12 when NE was 10-0 Game was in denver where Pats do not do as well as elseware.Although Manning did not play that game.

Marshall Bennett
01-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Carolina -3 (-123)

YTD 51-38-1
Just curious, why do you commit so early when the game's a week away?

kingfin66
01-18-2016, 12:32 PM
I am glad he does. It gets the conversation going!

Secondbest
01-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Its a smart move if you think the number is going to go against you later in the week

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Its a smart move if you think the number is going to go against you later in the week

It's going to take a lot to move that number off 3.

Marshall Bennett
01-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Depends perhaps on how much you're invested. A lot can go wrong in a week's time, injuries/accidents, arrest, scandals, and whatever else. I'd take my chances on the line barely moving one way or the other. If little or nothing is at stake, then i guess it really doesn't matter. With his record this year picking games, 1 loss isn't a big deal.

Stillriledup
01-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Depends perhaps on how much you're invested. A lot can go wrong in a week's time, injuries/accidents, arrest, scandals, and whatever else. I'd take my chances on the line barely moving one way or the other. If little or nothing is at stake, then i guess it really doesn't matter. With his record this year picking games, 1 loss isn't a big deal.

I think the only reason you bet early is if you think you won't get your number. If you bet on Carolina you have to home Cam Newton doesn't get into a car accident and can't play.

Valuist
01-19-2016, 12:45 AM
Just curious, why do you commit so early when the game's a week away?

Because the line was 3, and was already juiced (-120). It's moving toward 3.5. The difference of an extra half point or point from the biggest key number of all (3) is significant. 1 of every 6 NFL games ends with a differential of 3.

If I liked Arizona, I'd wait. Most of the time, we expect favorites to get bet later in the week as the public gets involved. And with totals, if I like an under, I will bet it early, knowing Joe Public wants to root for a 50-40 game.

I didn't see SRU's post above earlier, but yes, he is correct.

BetHorses!
01-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Because the line was 3, and was already juiced (-120). It's moving toward 3.5. The difference of an extra half point or point from the biggest key number of all (3) is significant. 1 of every 6 NFL games ends with a differential of 3.

If I liked Arizona, I'd wait. Most of the time, we expect favorites to get bet later in the week as the public gets involved. And with totals, if I like an under, I will bet it early, knowing Joe Public wants to root for a 50-40 game.

I didn't see SRU's post above earlier, but yes, he is correct.

Funny, I actually thought the number could only go down. Good Luck and great season once again!

tucker6
01-19-2016, 08:48 AM
Funny, I actually thought the number could only go down. Good Luck and great season once again!
curious as to why you think this.

ManU918
01-19-2016, 09:17 AM
I'll be on the Broncos and Cardinals. Both favorites aren't getting the money. I personally don't think either of them will. It's possible one of the favorites win but don't cover... I guess

BetHorses!
01-19-2016, 09:49 AM

I have Ariz and Sea same and Sea went down from +3 agst Car

Stillriledup
01-19-2016, 11:54 AM

I think the only way the number moves is if Newton or Palmer can't play. Otherwise, it's stuck on 3.

Marshall Bennett
01-19-2016, 12:04 PM
I'll go with that.

ponyplayerdotca
01-19-2016, 05:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400749512

Carolina 27 Arizona 16 (Wild Card round, last year's playoffs)

Game was in Carolina in wet weather.

Palmer was hurt, and Ryan Lindley was horrible for Cardinals at QB.

Having said that, Arizona did lead 14-13 at the half.

Newton's numbers were good, but limited to less than 200 yards passing.

Cardinals will be in this game till the end so it's tough to bet either way.

Panthers have been resilient all season. Newton vs. Palmer is the key.

NJ Stinks
01-19-2016, 07:55 PM
First play this week is Denver +3. It may go to 3.5 and if it does I'll bet that too. But it could drop too....

Brady is 2-6 lifetime in Denver. Has Brady anything close to a losing record elsewhere? I don't know.

What I do know is that this ain't Foxboro and the Broncos expect to win.

Game on with a field goal in my pocket.

thaskalos
01-19-2016, 08:28 PM
I have no opinion on the AFC match-up...but I like Arizona and the points in the NFC game.

Upon closer review...Denver matches up a lot better with NE than I initially thought. A Denver/Arizona Super Bowl is a real possibility...IMO.

Stillriledup
01-19-2016, 10:18 PM
Here's my prediction.

Manning is horrible in the beginning, Pats open up lead, Brock starts the 2nd half.

I'm concerned the Broncos are fine with losing as long as they don't hurt the feelings of a legend who is playing his last game w Denver.

Manning isn't really a team player because he wouldn't be ok with not playing, he would sulk and act insulted, it wouldn't be about winning.

Lets not forget that if the Pitt RB doesn't drop the ball on the ground, Pitt probably wins they had all the momentum and it FELT like It was slipping away from the orange crush.

It's a tough call.

thaskalos
01-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Here's my prediction.

Manning is horrible in the beginning, Pats open up lead, Brock starts the 2nd half.

I'm concerned the Broncos are fine with losing as long as they don't hurt the feelings of a legend who is playing his last game w Denver.

Manning isn't really a team player because he wouldn't be ok with not playing, he would sulk and act insulted, it wouldn't be about winning.

Lets not forget that if the Pitt RB doesn't drop the ball on the ground, Pitt probably wins they had all the momentum and it FELT like It was slipping away from the orange crush.

It's a tough call.

Can't they invent an injury for him...as they've done in the past?

ManU918
01-19-2016, 10:43 PM
I have no opinion on the AFC match-up...but I like Arizona and the points in the NFC game.

Upon closer review...Denver matches up a lot better with NE than I initially thought. A Denver/Arizona Super Bowl is a real possibility...IMO.

Wow we actually agree on something.

thaskalos
01-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Wow we actually agree on something.
Yeah. Surprises me too. :)

Stillriledup
01-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Can't they invent an injury for him...as they've done in the past?

I think they won't because they're not smart enough to know they need a change, they'll look at the W last week and figure all is well because they won.

Too many dropped balls due to fluttering passes and knuckleball spins on the football.

That's not going to get it done.

Denver embarrassed the NFL in SB 2 years ago and it doesn't appear like they have more heart or talent now, does the NFL want to risk another whitewashing game where Denver plays with no passion, no leadership and no heart? They know with Brady there's no way those guys are getting blown out, all the NE Super Bowls were great games, no blowouts every one of them was a nailbiter. Will the refs try and get the Pats to win? I wouldn't be shocked if a close controversial call goes the way of New England, too much money at stake and I'm not sure you can count on Denver to even show up for the SB if they happen to win this week.

NJ Stinks
01-20-2016, 01:37 AM
I think they won't because they're not smart enough to know they need a change, they'll look at the W last week and figure all is well because they won.

Too many dropped balls due to fluttering passes and knuckleball spins on the football.

That's not going to get it done.

Denver embarrassed the NFL in SB 2 years ago and it doesn't appear like they have more heart or talent now, does the NFL want to risk another whitewashing game where Denver plays with no passion, no leadership and no heart? They know with Brady there's no way those guys are getting blown out, all the NE Super Bowls were great games, no blowouts every one of them was a nailbiter. Will the refs try and get the Pats to win? I wouldn't be shocked if a close controversial call goes the way of New England, too much money at stake and I'm not sure you can count on Denver to even show up for the SB if they happen to win this week.

Denver went 4-0 against the NFC this year by sweeping the NFC North. Denver is now hoping to sweep the Patriots with another win in this game. I believe Denver's defense is tougher than a couple years ago and I don't believe Carolina or Arizona compare favorably with the Seahawks team that beat the Broncos a couple years ago.

As for NFL wanting Peyton out of the SB and Tom in - you really do think the Broncos stink, don't you? :)

At any rate, the Pats are favored to win the Super Bowl at 2-1 and the Broncos are the longest of the 4 teams at 4-1. (Carolina is 21/10 and the Cards 7/2 at Paddy Power.) So there are lots of punters who share your enthusiasm for the Broncos, Stillriledup.

Stillriledup
01-20-2016, 04:56 AM
Denver went 4-0 against the NFC this year by sweeping the NFC North. Denver is now hoping to sweep the Patriots with another win in this game. I believe Denver's defense is tougher than a couple years ago and I don't believe Carolina or Arizona compare favorably with the Seahawks team that beat the Broncos a couple years ago.

As for NFL wanting Peyton out of the SB and Tom in - you really do think the Broncos stink, don't you? :)

At any rate, the Pats are favored to win the Super Bowl at 2-1 and the Broncos are the longest of the 4 teams at 4-1. (Carolina is 21/10 and the Cards 7/2 at Paddy Power.) So there are lots of punters who share your enthusiasm for the Broncos, Stillriledup.

My comments about the Broncos are strictly due to their embarrassing effort 2 years ago in SB. NFL doesn't want to repeat that debacle.

Secondbest
01-20-2016, 09:04 AM
For what it's worth on vegasinsider they have the pats at -1 vs Arizona or Carolina.
Denver is +3 against both teams

_______
01-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Gives Carolina the best chance at winning the Super Bowl at 33%. I'm a little surprised at New England being given the worst probability at 19%.

I don't know anything about the methodology that produced these predictions. Just thought it was interesting enough to share.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

Valuist
01-23-2016, 12:47 AM
If New England is just -4.5 at home vs Kansas City, and home field is normally worth 3 (probably 4 in Denver as its the biggest HFA in the NFL), how on earth could the Patriots be favored by 3 on the road against a Denver team who is at least as good as the Chiefs? So according to that, the Chiefs would be 1.5 pt favorites vs the Pats in KC. Denver 4 1/2 points worse than KC on a neutral field? 85% of the public can't bet enough New England, but all the big bets are on Denver.

thaskalos
01-23-2016, 12:48 AM
I think the only way the number moves is if Newton or Palmer can't play. Otherwise, it's stuck on 3.
The number is guaranteed to go to 3.5, or even 4.

Stillriledup
01-23-2016, 05:21 AM
The number is guaranteed to go to 3.5, or even 4.

Weather.

Stillriledup
01-23-2016, 05:29 AM
If New England is just -4.5 at home vs Kansas City, and home field is normally worth 3 (probably 4 in Denver as its the biggest HFA in the NFL), how on earth could the Patriots be favored by 3 on the road against a Denver team who is at least as good as the Chiefs? So according to that, the Chiefs would be 1.5 pt favorites vs the Pats in KC. Denver 4 1/2 points worse than KC on a neutral field? 85% of the public can't bet enough New England, but all the big bets are on Denver.

I love this line of thinking. I would say that the spread changed for 3 reasons, reason 1 was that there was some concern w New England and the injury rumors, but once they won, people just figured all those rumors are nothing to worry about going forward. The second reason is that Payton didnt look great. The third reason is that Denver appeared lucky to have won this game against a team who was supposed to be emotionally drained, had a QB with a bad wing and a star receiver wasnt going to play.

It's an over correction odds wise because of the perception that Brady is more reliable to play an elite game than Manning, Brady is more trustworthy, with him, you know what you're getting, with Manning, it's anyone's guess.

thaskalos
01-23-2016, 05:47 AM
For what it's worth on vegasinsider they have the pats at -1 vs Arizona or Carolina.
Denver is +3 against both teams
If that's the case...then I will place the biggest bet I've made in 5 years on the NFC team in the Super Bowl.

lamboguy
01-23-2016, 06:08 AM
If that's the case...then I will place the biggest bet I've made in 5 years on the NFC team in the Super Bowl.if they would be holding the super bowl on january 31 i would be on a plane right after the playoffs to Las Vegas to do the very same thing as you!

as good as the Cardinals and Panthers are, that extra week is the kiss of death for them.

Secondbest
01-23-2016, 02:13 PM
If that's the case...then I will place the biggest bet I've made in 5 years on the NFC team in the Super Bowl.
I just went back to the website. Westgate Superbook has
Cards
Pats. -1 ,49

Cards. -3 ,44.5
Bronc

Panth
Pats. -1 ,47.5

Panth -3 ,43
Bronc

It's on vegasinsider.com. click NFL SB 50 matchup
Or scroll down homepage on the lower right under stories

RXB
01-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Westgate:

47½u-10
CAR -3 -10

NE -3 -20
44½u-10

Rookies
01-24-2016, 12:13 AM
I've got the chalk parlayed @ -3 each.

Personally, I don't see the Broncos at all, with Peyton and his damaged wing. Might be a very sad exit for the old warrior. He cannot get into any 3rd. & longs and if Brady gets the Patsies up two scores- it could be ugly & over.

As for Superman, I'm sold! Fitzgerald may be the greatest Receiver since Rice, but Palmer looked like he did in his Bungles days. Simply, not very good at all!

Stillriledup
01-24-2016, 12:59 AM
One handicapping angle or school of thought is to give extra credit to the team who was able to survive a huge challenge from a team with heart. Az felt the heart of GB with a great QB and muscled out a win. While Denver didnt appear that sharp, they also beat a team with heart in a hard fought game. Carolina and NE both beat teams who really offered not much challenge. Neither game was ever in doubt.

Being able to beat a team that shows fighting power is better to see than beating a team that just essentially rolled over.

Stillriledup
01-24-2016, 10:53 AM
Woulda been interesting if championship game was in Boston area today.

thaskalos
01-24-2016, 11:43 AM
How long can the bookies afford to keep the lines at -125 and -120...before they move them to -3.5?

Valuist
01-24-2016, 11:50 AM
It's an over correction odds wise because of the perception that Brady is more reliable to play an elite game than Manning, Brady is more trustworthy, with him, you know what you're getting, with Manning, it's anyone's guess.

That is probably true, but New England is such a public team. Joe Public loves to bet the Patriots (and has done well doing so). Also, the public only looks at offense and not defense. Denver is the best defense in the NFL, and getting points at home with the top defense is pretty much an automatic play for me. But I haven't bet yet; I want 3 1/2, and that hasn't happened yet. Thask said its going to 4; if its not yet at 3 1/2, it will never get to 4.

burnsy
01-24-2016, 11:57 AM
How long can the bookies afford to keep the lines at -125 and -120...before they move them to -3.5?

Vegas is betting on the Broncos to cover. The money is out of reach. But when a dog like this does cover.....its a coup, similar to the Super Bowl two years ago. I kind of think its going to be the closer game. SRU is on to something with the way the Broncos play, they win tough, ugly games. Teams like the Giants and Ravens have won championships with this style at the right time. If Brady blows the top off early, Broncos are cooked......if it gets close and ugly........look out.......don't let this team (Broncos) be within a score or two at home, that's when they beat ya. At this point the money is overwhelmingly on the Pats and many times (not always) the smart money is elsewhere...... ;) This does have a chance of not being a slam dunk. I sort of think the other game has the best "all around" teams. Beating the Panthers at this point could be a tall order......that week off, they came out smoking last week......Arizona has got to hang early too. If the Panthers win and get another week off.....neither of the AFC teams will probably be able to beat them.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 12:05 PM
I said Thask said the line would hit 4; I see now he was talking about Carolina. I had thought he was referring to NE. But it doesn't matter; neither line will hit 4.

As for Manning, there's one thing the media is overlooking here. They talk about his failures in the playoffs (11-13 or 12-13 SU?). But he hasn't been in the underdog role often. He had felt the pressure, literally and figuratively, when the expectations were big. The pressure today is all on New England. The general public is all expecting this to be a brief stop for the NE Super Bowl train. To think Manning is INCAPABLE of coming up with a big game is extremely short sighted.

thaskalos
01-24-2016, 12:20 PM
I don't know what will happen in the first game...but I foresee that Manning will be pulled, and Osweiler will finish the game.

In the second game...I predict an outright Arizona victory.

TJDave
01-24-2016, 12:47 PM
I foresee that Manning will be pulled, and Osweiler will finish the game.

If he digs them in a hole. I thought Manning played a respectful game last. Lots of dropped balls. No picks so he's probably due. ;)

Agree with you on Arizona.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Denver +3; apparently never getting to 3 1/2
Denv/NE Under 45

RXB
01-24-2016, 03:20 PM
That's the start that I wanted to see. Go Broncos.

Tom
01-24-2016, 03:59 PM
*sing*

Payton's on his game today.

Grits
01-24-2016, 04:01 PM
*sing*

Payton's on his game today.

Indeed, he is!!!!!!! :)

Tom
01-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Early MVP pick......MICROSOFT! :lol:

Valuist
01-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Once again, in the postseason, Defense prevails over Offense.

burnsy
01-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Classic "Trap line" . You couldn't find an "expert" that liked this team. They have a better chance in the SB anyway with that "D,D". Two D's because they are that good and the Pats O'line got yet another crushing. Brady was lucky to get out alive. These are the type teams that beat NE.

PhantomOnTour
01-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Had no dog in this hunt, but I gotta admit I'm surprised at the outcome.
Never thought I'd see Phil Niekro lead a team to the Super Bowl ;)
#knuckleballer

Secondbest
01-24-2016, 06:41 PM
That was a great game .Brady got pounded all game but never quit.Denver has one tough pass rush

Grits
01-24-2016, 06:43 PM
PEYTON....AND THE DENVER DEFENSE...Y.E.S.

Valuist you wrote this, and consequently, this afternoon, you're looking like the smartest fella in this room. I kept going back to what you wrote as I agreed with you, but I wouldn't quote you because I didn't want to mush them.

;) :lol: ;)

As for Manning, there's one thing the media is overlooking here. They talk about his failures in the playoffs (11-13 or 12-13 SU?). But he hasn't been in the underdog role often. He had felt the pressure, literally and figuratively, when the expectations were big. The pressure today is all on New England. The general public is all expecting this to be a brief stop for the NE Super Bowl train. To think Manning is INCAPABLE of coming up with a big game is extremely short sighted.

I've missed the kick off...on to my Panthers as they face the Cardinals.

Right now.

RXB
01-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Belichick made a mistake going for it on 4th and 1 at the 16 with more than five minutes still to go. Down by 8 points, he should've kicked there.

Now, go Cardinals.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 06:45 PM
That was a great game .Brady got pounded all game but never quit.Denver has one tough pass rush

Yes, they do. Have to think Cam would have a better chance against than a statue like Palmer.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
PEYTON....AND THE DENVER DEFENSE...Y.E.S.

Valuist you wrote this, and consequently, this afternoon, you're looking like the smartest fella in this room. I kept going back to what you wrote as I agreed with you, but I wouldn't quote you because I didn't want to mush them.

;) :lol: ;)

I've missed the kick off...on to my Panthers as they face the Cardinals.

Right now.

Thx. And I'm rooting for your Panthers as well.

burnsy
01-24-2016, 07:06 PM
I don't know what will happen in the first game...but I foresee that Manning will be pulled, and Osweiler will finish the game.

In the second game...I predict an outright Arizona victory.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the spread in the first game because all the money was going on NE and the line did not move. I'm with Carolina here.

Secondbest
01-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Yes, they do. Have to think Cam would have a better chance against than a statue like Palmer.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Secondbest
01-24-2016, 07:15 PM
How different would the game had been if belichek didn' t kick the ball against the jets or went all out vs the dolphins and had home field?

Valuist
01-24-2016, 07:21 PM
How different would the game had been if belichek didn' t kick the ball against the jets or went all out vs the dolphins and had home field?

But if Broncos don't melt down against Pittsburgh and blow a 3 score lead back in December, they end up 13-3. I know the Jets beat the Pats in OT, but they dominated the line of scrimmage. Shouldn't even had to go to OT.

burnsy
01-24-2016, 07:25 PM

Ifs and butts. Doesn't matter because they can't protect Brady. That's why they lost those games too. Miami is a walking disaster and New England had to let up because Brady was getting hammered. It would of been worse two weeks from now against Arizona or Carolina. At one point I thought Brady was going to get carted off eventually...he was getting 2 seconds tops on some plays.

Secondbest
01-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Ifs and butts. Doesn't matter because they can't protect Brady. That's why they lost those games too. Miami is a walking disaster and New England had to let up because Brady was getting hammered. It would of been worse two weeks from now against Arizona or Carolina. At one point I thought Brady was going to get carted off eventually...he was getting 2 seconds tops on some plays.
I know your right.just thinking how things turn out.In any case I was rooting for Denver .

Valuist
01-24-2016, 07:37 PM
This Arizona D hasn't been the same since Mathieu (aka Honey Badger) got hurt.

Grits
01-24-2016, 07:40 PM
The Cardinals are having to be separated on the bench due to their meltdowns because they're not on the board into the 2nd quarter. Damn--that'll benefit them.

horses4courses
01-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Carolina has to be a double digit favorite in SB.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 07:45 PM

On a neutral field, I don't think you see a number higher than Carolina -4. Maybe 4.5. I also think the Manning finale will draw a lot of public money.

Now that we've had over an hour from the AFC game, I do think the Broncos really benefitted from the home field advantage, and NE had a number of players playing hurt. And lets not forget, a number of Denver defenders did get hurt in the game today.

horses4courses
01-24-2016, 07:48 PM
On a neutral field, I don't think you see a number higher than Carolina -4. Maybe 4.5. I also think the Manning finale will draw a lot of public money.

Now that we've had over an hour from the AFC game, I do think the Broncos really benefitted from the home field advantage, and NE had a number of players playing hurt. And lets not forget, a number of Denver defenders did get hurt in the game today.

If Carolina is less than a touchdown favorite,
I will have a decent bet on them.

Hoofless_Wonder
01-24-2016, 07:55 PM

First of all, of course, the NFC Championship game isn't over.

Secondly, Denver has a much, much larger following than Carolina, and that will influence the point spread.

Finally, for those of us who believe the play in the NFL is not entirely on the up and up, wouldn't Manning winning one more Super Bowl be just a great story.

I make Denver a 3 point chalk, no matter who they play.

horses4courses
01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
First of all, of course, the NFC Championship game isn't over.

Secondly, Denver has a much, much larger following than Carolina, and that will influence the point spread.

Finally, for those of us who believe the play in the NFL is not entirely on the up and up, wouldn't Manning winning one more Super Bowl be just a great story.

I make Denver a 3 point chalk, no matter who they play.

Put me down for a dime. ;)

Secondbest
01-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Thats a touchdown but a receiver has 10 things to do before its a td.

Grits
01-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Damn. Turnover.....again. :jump:

And it's answered with an interception.

I need a Crown and water. :faint:

Another interception, Carolina gets it back. Holy #$%&.

That drink.....

horses4courses
01-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Carolina has an abundance of fine athletes in their squad.
Just like good teams before them.
They will destroy Denver.

lamboguy
01-24-2016, 08:58 PM
Carolina has an abundance of fine athletes in their squad.
Just like good teams before them.
They will destroy Denver.Carolina is only a 4 point favorite over Denver. that looks like a gift to me!

RXB
01-24-2016, 09:02 PM
I was hoping Arizona would Win One For Larry but Carolina is too good. Panthers are dominating both lines of scrimmage.

horses4courses
01-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Carolina is only a 4 point favorite over Denver. that looks like a gift to me!

This is a bit like me hearing that line

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZiHdAzWwAE63pw.jpg

lamboguy
01-24-2016, 09:49 PM
the line is down to 3 1/2 already.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Carolina is only a 4 point favorite over Denver. that looks like a gift to me!

That's right in line with what I said a couple of hours ago. The line part; not the part about it being a gift.

Valuist
01-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Heritage is showing the number at 4, with the total at 45 1/2.

Grits
01-24-2016, 10:46 PM
One more game to go....

I'll be watching, for the only time, these two quarterbacks face off in the Super Bowl. It'll be cool to see on the road to greatness meet long time greatness, an icon of the game. Though, of course, I'll want Carolina to win, while caring as much for Peyton as I do.

Cam is incredibly gifted, still, he has a lot of growing before him. Yet, his joy is infectious.

We were dismissed by so many, week after week, while winning. This coach, this quarterback, and those who suit up with them never let that lack of respect effect them. ... Good for them!!

newtothegame
01-24-2016, 11:23 PM
One more game to go....

I'll be watching, for the only time, these two quarterbacks face off in the Super Bowl. It'll be cool to see on the road to greatness meet long time greatness, an icon of the game. Though, of course, I'll want Carolina to win, while caring as much for Peyton as I do.

Cam is incredibly gifted, still, he has a lot of growing before him. Yet, his joy is infectious.

We were dismissed by so many, week after week, while winning. This coach, this quarterback, and those who suit up with them never let that lack of respect effect them. ... Good for them!!
I partially agree. Cam and his "joy" is infectious. I enjoy seeing someone play the game and having so much fun. HOWEVER, how can the refs continue to let him prance all over the field, ON ANY DOWN, with those antics and not get celebration or taunting fines??? When someone gets a TD and they over celebrate, its a flag!! Cam is EVERYWHERE doing it and NO flags???? There is part of me that sees it as showing up the other team and disrespectful....and as mentioned, part seeing it as having fun.
But, rules are rules!!!

Valuist
01-25-2016, 01:35 AM
Denver +3; apparently never getting to 3 1/2
Denv/NE Under 45

Also posted Carolina -3 (initial post)

3-0 week
54-38-1 season

Hoofless_Wonder
01-25-2016, 01:43 AM
Put me down for a dime. ;)

Wow. I shocked at the line. But maybe that's 'cause of the angle I'm playing.

I also thought the line in today's game was way too short, so I thought Arizona would hang in there. Probably didn't matter, but those back-to-back picks had to have killed the Cardinals in the second quarter.

If I'm getting more than a FG, I may have to belly up to the Window and make a large wager on the Broncos. Of course last time I did that (Super Bowl XXII), the Broncos teased me with an early 10-0 lead, and then folded like a cheap tortilla as Doug Williams eviscerated the Bronco secondary with 5 TD passes in the second quarter.

Those guys owe me....