PDA

View Full Version : Calling The Bottom (short term).

Tape Reader
01-17-2016, 07:39 PM
I think that we get a rally from here (185.52 SPY low) towards (SPY 201.90.)

Any other Gals/Guys want to take a guess?

Tape Reader

Ocala Mike
01-17-2016, 08:36 PM
It all hinges on China/Oil/World Crisis or Not. Think it's too early to be a buyer.

whodoyoulike
01-17-2016, 08:59 PM
I think S&P 500 (currently 1880.33) will go lower probably until after earnings reporting which will be sometime mid-March. Will have to re-evaluate going forward after overall earning results are reported. But, I'm not saying there won't be up days.

I can't see a majority of companies reporting good earnings for their 4th quarter and for the year 2015. If the S&P is higher then it probably means the P/E ratio(s) will be higher because earnings will be lower.

The DJIA is currently at 15988.08; the NASDAQ is 4488.42 and the 10 yr yield is 2.0365%.

ReplayRandall
01-17-2016, 11:08 PM
I don't like to gamble with the FED scheduled to raise rates 3 times in 2016 . Stay out of the market until you see the following:

DOW- 12,500

NASDAQ- 2,800

S&P 500- 1,350

Don't worry, you'll see these figures before November 2016. Until then, buy a little Gold and a lot of Silver.....

sammy the sage
01-18-2016, 07:50 AM
Basically the upper 1%...mostly BIG banks are scalping mom & pop and middle class savings...where they've BEEN FORCED to put their money...for any kind of return...an illusion so to speak for many...

They have to be really REALLY careful not to BLEED the patient dry...or TOO much..

So how much do they SKIM...if you think NORMAL models will tell you...think you're going to get it in the short hairs...

History stock market 101...the crashing of basic metals, oil ect. the previous month foretold last weeks drop in the markets over-all...

again...this country is more outta balance than 1929....ssssooooo....who knows...maybe they can avoid similar...1987, 1999, 2007,...says probably not...

b.o.l. all still playing...

lamboguy
01-18-2016, 08:03 AM
It all hinges on China/Oil/World Crisis or Not. Think it's too early to be a buyer.way to early

lamboguy
01-18-2016, 08:12 AM
Basically the upper 1%...mostly BIG banks are scalping mom & pop and middle class savings...where they've BEEN FORCED to put their money...for any kind of return...an illusion so to speak for many...

They have to be really REALLY careful not to BLEED the patient dry...or TOO much..

So how much do they SKIM...if you think NORMAL models will tell you...think you're going to get it in the short hairs...

History stock market 101...the crashing of basic metals, oil ect. the previous month foretold last weeks drop in the markets over-all...

again...this country is more outta balance than 1929....ssssooooo....who knows...maybe they can avoid similar...1987, 1999, 2007,...says probably not...

b.o.l. all still playing...my favorite saying, "the job of the markets is to take the most amount of money away from the most amount of people in the shortest amount of time".

a friend of mine had a banker convince him to move his money over from a certificate of deposit that became due after 10 years into some mutuel fund. he convinced him that the fund had a good conservative track record and it was safe. he asked me about it and i told him in the world of markets nothing is safe, i told him just buy gold. he decided to listen to his banker buddy, after a month he is now down 25% on this safe investment. i told him he was going to lose a lot more before its over. so far he still hasn't listened. probably because i am rough around the edges and don't wear fancy suits and drive a 20 year old car instead of the $125,000 Mercedes Benz that the banker drives after grabbing money from all the suckers that think they are investors.

Saratoga_Mike
01-18-2016, 12:41 PM
I don't like to gamble with the FED scheduled to raise rates 3 times in 2016 . Stay out of the market until you see the following:

DOW- 12,500

NASDAQ- 2,800

S&P 500- 1,350

Don't worry, you'll see these figures before November 2016. Until then, buy a little Gold and a lot of Silver.....

The Fed's next move may be a rate CUT, not an increase. If they raise again, we will have a recession. Market odds of a January 2016 HIKE: 0% Odds of a January CUT: 10%

Saratoga_Mike
01-18-2016, 12:46 PM

Net interest margins are below long-term averages; therefore, I'm not sure how that's scalping. The vast, vast majority of banks would prefer Fed funds at 300 bps, but that would kill the economy.

I agree with you on the Fed's desire to push savers into riskier assets.

Secondbest
01-18-2016, 01:33 PM
I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but there is old saying "if you didn't call the top what makes you think you can call the bottom" or the reverse.

Saratoga_Mike
01-18-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but there is old saying "if you didn't call the top what makes you think you can call the bottom" or the reverse.

One of these guys did come close to calling the top. I think it was OcalaMike, but I may be wrong.

Secondbest
01-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Excellent call. When he thinks a bottom is in we should pay attention

tucker6
01-18-2016, 04:05 PM
what is the over/under on a fed rate hike this year? IMO, one at best, and that will come later this year depending on how China lands. My money is on China landing relatively hard. The Chinese have started rounding up the rich folk in anticipation of the blame game when they crash. Always follow actions and not words. That tells me that a hard landing is coming.

reckless
01-18-2016, 05:44 PM
Calling the bottom of the stock market is a game I never played nor should anyone else, but whom am I to give such advice??

If investors here are on the sidelines mainly because they think the drop in oil prices will crater both the stock markets and the US economy they are making a huge mistake.

If investors here are on the sidelines right now because they think the slowdown in China will crater both the stock markets and the US economy they are making a huge mistake.

Cheap oil is a driver that will fuel a manufacturing, transportation and consuming spurt and that will lead to higher corporate profits and stock prices.

China's problems are not directly related to the US economy and our stock markets. Yes, we are told by the financial media every day that 'oil' and 'China' is the reason why the market is correcting. The media is wrong in principle and I also feel they are also deliberately lying.

China's woes are actually good for both the US economy and stock markets because it causes a deflationary effect there and US companies that manufacture their products there get it done cheaper, which translates to betters earnings and higher stock prices. Products actually become cheaper and more affordable here, spurring growth.

As long as people invest in companies that have a history of growing sales and earnings, generate and grow positive free cash flow (FCF), pay and regularly increase dividends and earn relative high returns on capital and equity, and sell at a reasonable multiple to FCF, one cannot help but make money investing in such individual stocks.

With the markets dropping these past few weeks, now is as good a time as any to consider buying stocks. There are some great companies out there selling for compelling prices.

Ocala Mike
01-19-2016, 04:15 AM
One of these guys did come close to calling the top. I think it was OcalaMike, but I may be wrong.

No, I believe it was PICSIX.

ReplayRandall
01-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Should be a wild ride today in the market..... 30 minutes into the session, DOW is already down -310....Oil down -2.35%.

Valuist
01-20-2016, 10:10 AM
The only thing that can save this market is another round of QE, which isn't off the table. I expect there will be some solid trading rallies, but the overall market could take years to work thru all the crap its gone thru to get to its peak, overbought levels. The short term rallies will eventually all fail.

reckless
01-20-2016, 10:53 AM
I know this room is more about charts, shorter term and option/commodity trading and my brand of investing doesn't seem to mean anything.

With that being said, I thought I'd treat myself today and bought 100 shares of Gilead at $87.55, and 100 shares of Apple at $93.50.

At these prices, Gilead is the steal of the century and Apple is the bargain of the year.

If wrong, in a year or so you guys could all call me a dope and slip me the needle for being so stupid. No problem. That's if I'm not on everyone's ignore list by now. :lol:

_______
01-20-2016, 11:01 AM
I know this room is more about charts, shorter term and option/commodity trading and my brand of investing doesn't seem to mean anything.

With that being said, I thought I'd treat myself today and bought 100 shares of Gilead at $87.55, and 100 shares of Apple at $93.50.

At these prices, Gilead is the steal of the century and Apple is the bargain of the year.

If wrong, in a year or so you guys could all call me a dope and slip me the needle for being so stupid. No problem. That's if I'm not on everyone's ignore list by now. :lol:

Both trade well below the overall market multiple, generate loads of cash, and carry minimal debt.

I own both so might be prejudiced but at some point the obsession with growth will morph back to a search for value. Enjoy your dividends (both going up this spring) while you wait.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Today's action tells me the bottom is in again for the short term.

lamboguy
01-21-2016, 07:01 AM
why bang your heads against the wall trying to figure out how the markets are going to behave.

i have a friend that gave me an internal poll in Massachusetts that has Trump winning that state 41-39 over Hillary, losing close to Bernie though.

if Trump has this good a chance in Massachusetts, he has to be a cinch in the rest of the country.

right now the oddsmakers in London have the republican's as a small underdog. time to get down now before they figure things out. good things do not last forever!

PICSIX
01-21-2016, 07:50 AM
This market is crazy.....I'm day trading only:

TVIX/XIV
NUGT/DUST
LABU/LABD

Tight a$$ stops with close targets in this environment!

sammy the sage
01-21-2016, 09:02 AM

What is your DEFINITION of "Short Term" ???

6 hrs or 1 day or 1 week or 1 month or...you get the drift...

I have customers all the time asking for discount if they buy A LOT of plants...

I ask them back the SAME thing is that 5 (quit wasting my time...I don't say that obviously... but do think it)...

or 50...we'll talk

or 500...we're probably going to make a deal of some sort...

Valuist
01-22-2016, 10:24 AM
I look for the longer term low to be in the neighborhood of 40% below the highs from last spring. The earnings forecasts are already calling for a 20% drop in earnings in the composite S & P; but PEs will contract; going from upper teens to closer to 10-12. There will be some strong bear market rallies along the way, but they will eventually fade. This is going to take a long time to work thru; probably several years.

Saratoga_Mike
01-22-2016, 10:43 AM

nice call.

Saratoga_Mike
01-22-2016, 10:44 AM
I look for the longer term low to be in the neighborhood of 40% below the highs from last spring. The earnings forecasts are already calling for a 20% drop in earnings in the composite S & P; but PEs will contract; going from upper teens to closer to 10-12. There will be some strong bear market rallies along the way, but they will eventually fade. This is going to take a long time to work thru; probably several years.

That is incorrect. 2015 S&P 500 bottoms-up estimate is 117.6, while the 2016 estimate is 124.5.

reckless
01-22-2016, 06:40 PM

At these prices, Gilead is the steal of the century and Apple is the bargain of the year. ....

nice call.

If you liked PA's call, you should have loved my call 7 hours earlier. :)

In cased you missed it, Gilead closed today at $91.83, and Apple closed today at $101.42.

Saratoga_Mike
01-22-2016, 08:15 PM
Oversight Reckless - great call

reckless
01-22-2016, 08:48 PM
Oversight Reckless - great call

No biggie... I was having some fun w/you, Mike, that's all. :)

I also bought some Lazard and ADT Corp. on 12-31-15 and my timing was off there, so I am not perfect, hard to believe.

PICSIX
01-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Nice bounce calls, everyone :ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
01-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Nice bounce calls, everyone :ThmbUp:

is this a "Dead Cat" bounce ???

Tape Reader
01-23-2016, 07:47 PM
is this a "Dead Cat" bounce ???

IMO, yes. Too much overhead resistance to overcome. Bearish waves are likely to form before a new high, bringing the market to a new low.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2016, 02:28 PM
What is your DEFINITION of "Short Term" ???

6 hrs or 1 day or 1 week or 1 month or...you get the drift...

I have customers all the time asking for discount if they buy A LOT of plants...

I ask them back the SAME thing is that 5 (quit wasting my time...I don't say that obviously... but do think it)...

or 50...we'll talk

or 500...we're probably going to make a deal of some sort...My definition of short term is "until it looks like it's finished going up"

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Today should be an interesting day on the S&P. Yesterday was kind of a moderate down day on lower volume. If we close above yesterday's open (which is easily within reach at this time), on higher volume than yesterday (this looks quite likely, regardless of close), then that would be a pretty positive sign in my opinion that we aren't going lower for a while (unless tomorrow's FOMC sets off some sort of shock wave).

A close above yesterday's open tells me we'll be heading back to around the 2000 level on the S&P before we see a new low this year...

Secondbest
01-26-2016, 02:51 PM
As of now we have a potential follow through day in the transports. They where the first to fall lets see if They lead The way up.providing They holding their gains today

Secondbest
01-27-2016, 12:07 AM
Volume not as high as you would like for a follow through day.

sammy the sage
01-27-2016, 09:00 AM
My definition of short term is "until it looks like it's finished going up"

why didn't I think of that...pure genius...and currently you are the resident one...as other's have stated...good call...

I used to think like that....but I found out I wasn't that smart...as far as a corrupt market goes...

so more power to you...and anyone else doing timing calls...It's good to see a winner against long odds...

lamboguy
01-27-2016, 09:56 AM
why didn't I think of that...pure genius...and currently you are the resident one...as other's have stated...good call...

I used to think like that....but I found out I wasn't that smart...as far as a corrupt market goes...

so more power to you...and anyone else doing timing calls...It's good to see a winner against long odds...this is an election year and the markets usually go up through the summer. this year the markets have started down.

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2016, 12:53 PM

so more power to you...and anyone else doing timing calls...It's good to see a winner against long odds...So you not only want me to be predictive, you want me to be deadly accurate?

Why? It's not necessary. It's not even necessary to BE predictive. You only need to be reactive.

Ocala Mike
01-28-2016, 05:48 AM
AAPL back where the OP bought it. Hope he sold when it popped up $8. Very tough market to call right now, and will remain so unless and until it disconnects from the oil patch and China.

PICSIX
01-28-2016, 05:59 AM
AAPL back where the OP bought it. Hope he sold when it popped up $8. Very tough market to call right now, and will remain so unless and until it disconnects from the oil patch and China.

It's crazy right now....even the gold miner's are marching to the tune of oil's drum!

lamboguy
01-28-2016, 07:21 AM
AAPL back where the OP bought it. Hope he sold when it popped up $8. Very tough market to call right now, and will remain so unless and until it disconnects from the oil patch and China.the markets look like they have some more downside work to do.

in my opinion the next president will try to have the currency backed by some commodity. it could actually be the most political commodity of them all, WHEAT even though it is in the soft commodity family. the total world population today is way over 7 billion and wheat prices are the same as when there were only 3 billion. 8 billion is the prediction by 2020. everyone of those people are going to want to eat wheat.

_______
01-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Art Cashin on CNBC today: "Old timers like to say that rallies in a bear market are short, sharp, and end on low volume. This is not low volume..."

Saratoga_Mike
01-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Art Cashin on CNBC today: "Old timers like to say that rallies in a bear market are short, sharp, and end on low volume. This is not low volume..."

How about the volume on 1/31/08? Powerful. Yesterday's high volume was the result of massive rebalancing (same thing happened on 1/31/08), in my opinion. That doesn't mean the market can't move higher, and I'm not saying this is 2008. I just think his statement is wrong.

Saratoga_Mike
01-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Jan 3, 2001, another example of his statement being wrong.

_______
01-30-2016, 03:58 PM
To be fair to Art Cashin, I pulled that quote out of a much longer and more nuanced discussion by him on the state of the market.

davew
02-01-2016, 10:05 AM
the markets look like they have some more downside work to do.

in my opinion the next president will try to have the currency backed by some commodity. it could actually be the most political commodity of them all, WHEAT even though it is in the soft commodity family. the total world population today is way over 7 billion and wheat prices are the same as when there were only 3 billion. 8 billion is the prediction by 2020. everyone of those people are going to want to eat wheat.

I do not understand what you are saying ->

will $5 bills say - this can be exchanged for 1 bushel of wheat ?

will the Federal Reserve have a trillion bushels of wheat on hand to back all of the notes in circulation?

lamboguy
02-01-2016, 11:05 AM
I do not understand what you are saying ->

will $5 bills say - this can be exchanged for 1 bushel of wheat ?

will the Federal Reserve have a trillion bushels of wheat on hand to back all of the notes in circulation?the reason why Nixon had to close the gold window was because gold was trading back and forth throughout the world with prices constantly changing. the fixed price of gold was $35 per ounce while markets all over Europe had gold trading at $42. from all over people were taking US Dollars to the treasury and turning them into gold, they then took the gold and sold it on the open market for $42. this would have kept going on until all the gold was gone from the US treasury.

so what i am saying is that the United States could back its currency with wheat instead of gold this time if they can get away with it. they could demand all the wheat they want and the farmers all over the country could grow more to feed the world instead of burning it to keep the price up.

davew
02-01-2016, 11:21 PM
the reason why Nixon had to close the gold window was because gold was trading back and forth throughout the world with prices constantly changing. the fixed price of gold was $35 per ounce while markets all over Europe had gold trading at $42. from all over people were taking US Dollars to the treasury and turning them into gold, they then took the gold and sold it on the open market for $42. this would have kept going on until all the gold was gone from the US treasury.

so what i am saying is that the United States could back its currency with wheat instead of gold this time if they can get away with it. they could demand all the wheat they want and the farmers all over the country could grow more to feed the world instead of burning it to keep the price up.

Wheat does not store very well for years, with a storage loss.

Something many people do not realize is the main agricultural commodity crops are heavily reliant on petroleum for maximum production.

Precious metals are compact and store well (as long as the bars are not hollowed out and refilled with cheaper stuff)

ReplayRandall
02-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Wheat does not store very well for years, with a storage loss.

According to Ben Carson, wheat stores quite well in pyramids.... :cool: .

azeri98
02-02-2016, 06:52 PM
They can't use wheat, some people can't deal with gluten. :p

tanner12oz
02-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Is this whole wheat thing a joke? Seriously?

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Is what a joke?

Valuist
02-08-2016, 11:24 PM
The bottom? 1575 on the S & P. Strong support there, and a perfect 38% Fibonacci retracement from the highs.

PICSIX
02-09-2016, 05:19 PM
The bottom? 1575 on the S & P. Strong support there, and a perfect 38% Fibonacci retracement from the highs.

Love those Fibs :ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
02-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Dead cats smell...

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Came as close as you can get, but still no new low in the S&P...so my call is still valid...maybe they can prove me wrong in the last 25 minutes of trading today...

sammy the sage
02-15-2016, 08:34 PM
you've been a genius...and ballsy...kudos... :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Thanks...I have no skin in this particular game though...I am still trading my butterfly option spreads.

Saratoga_Mike
02-16-2016, 08:38 AM
No biggie... I was having some fun w/you, Mike, that's all. :)

I also bought some Lazard and ADT Corp. on 12-31-15 and my timing was off there, so I am not perfect, hard to believe.

ADT agrees to be acquired by Apollo Global Management (APO) for $42.00/share in cash; deal includes 'go-shop' period

reckless
02-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Yeah... I actually bought more ADT last week at $28.60. It had dropped to around $26 or so in early 2016. My 12-31-15 buy was at $33.20 or so.

Hard to believe but this is my 15th company that I owned stock in that was taken over in a merger since I started investing in the middle 1970s. I should write a book! :)

I actually mentioned in this thread 1-2 years ago that if you buy a company that consistently grows sales and earnings, grows its free cash flow, book value and ROE/ROI, and is at an cheap and attractive price, one cannot help but do real well investing in the stock market.

Good luck to everyone here on their investing and trading.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2016, 10:45 AM
So, is this rally nothing but a case of weak shorts and relatively low volume?

Gap, gap and more gaps up...on decreasing volume...and now we are approaching short term resistance...all in all, not too positive for the long term in my opinion...if I were actually trading this, I'd probably be taking some profits right about now.

whodoyoulike
02-17-2016, 04:52 PM
This market lately is reacting very strangely and not just here but everywhere the last few days.

reckless
02-19-2016, 04:47 PM
FWIW... I added to a position of Viacom late this afternoon at $35.20. This company is selling at 6x free cash flow for god's sake! VIAB is one of just 4-5 stocks that are incredibly undervalued.

When poor old Sumner Redstone kicks this year, I could see CBS, John Malone or Fox offering $55-65 a share easily.

raybo
02-20-2016, 02:18 PM
So far, Elio Motors has met or exceeded their incremental goals towards reaching production later this year. Here's the latest email I have recieved from Paul Elio.

ELIO_2_20_16

It’s an exciting time! Elio Motors is the first company to raise capital and go public under the JOBS Act Regulation A+ and now, Elio Motors is being traded live on the OTCQX, the top tier of over-the-counter stock exchanges! So if you missed out on our initial stock sale, don’t fret. You can own a piece of the company that’s starting what Yahoo! Finance calls a “transportation revolution” right now with Elio’s targeted base price of just $6,800* and fuel efficiency of up to 84 MPG.

It just goes to show what we can do as Americans when we band together to make a difference; to be the change. Invest today in what Forbes says is “the most revolutionary car since the Tesla Model S!" And while you’re at it, join the more than 50,000 people who have reserved an Elio of their own and receive:

A 50% bonus of your reservation amount up to $500 off the final purchase price
An official place in line as one of almost 50,000 reservation holders for as little as $100
Limited edition Elio Motors T-shirt (now through April 3, 2016) and Elio bumper sticker
American made and engineered for:

Up to 84 MPG Highway
Highest Safety Standards
Targeted $6,800* Base Price

50% Bonus Offer

_______
02-20-2016, 05:42 PM
If you have sufficient assest to deal with the inevitable failures, investing in a portfolio of startups could still pay off if one or two are successful.

I wish you all the best Raybo but I would tread carefully.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1102007_future-of-84-mpg-elio-3-wheeler-depends-on-government-loans

raybo
02-20-2016, 06:53 PM
If you have sufficient assest to deal with the inevitable failures, investing in a portfolio of startups could still pay off if one or two are successful.

I wish you all the best Raybo but I would tread carefully.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1102007_future-of-84-mpg-elio-3-wheeler-depends-on-government-loans

You don't know me very well, I ALWAYS tread carefully. :ThmbUp:

tanner12oz
02-21-2016, 02:30 PM
that ELIO car might be the ugliest thing i've ever seen..good idea though

raybo
02-21-2016, 03:27 PM
that ELIO car might be the ugliest thing i've ever seen..good idea though

A case of function versus form.

Hoofless_Wonder
02-21-2016, 06:53 PM
You don't know me very well, I ALWAYS tread carefully. :ThmbUp:

Didn't you have one of these ordered, or pre-ordered? :confused: I was curious when you can plan to take delivery.

raybo
02-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Didn't you have one of these ordered, or pre-ordered? :confused: I was curious when you can plan to take delivery.

Yeah, I'm on the list but have no real idea when actual delivery will happen, assuming they go into production. They just met their funding goal for producing several "E" types, for safety testing and final engineering purposes. The P5 version ("P" = prototype) is about to tour, the P4 toured last year minus the new Elio engine and transmission. The P5's engine (and what will be in the production Elio's) is an American made 0.9-liter, 3-cylinder engine (made by IAV Automotive Engineering in Michigan), designed and manufactured specifically for the Elio, and there is both an automatic and a manual transmission available (the Elio will cost the same whether you choose the manual or the automatic). There will be no "new" technology in the Elio, all existing "off the shelf" components, which drastically reduces the cost of production and owner maintenance. Most, if not all, of the supplier base is already on-board and in regular scheduled meetings with Elio engineers to finalize design, fit, and finish. All "after sale" optional equipment, as well as all dealer maintenance, will be handled through Pep Boys (full 3 year 36,000 mile factory warranty).

The best thing, IMO, about the Elio is that if you can afford to buy gasoline for your present vehicle, you can afford to buy a new Elio. No financing is needed (unless you choose that option of course), you order the car, color, and transmission you want one day, that night your car is prepped and shipped from the closest vehicle warehousing center to you, and you pick it up the following day. You handle the title and license stuff and drive it home. When you need gas, you use the Elio fuel card, pump your gas, and whatever the gas costs (8 gallon tank at $2.50 per gallon = $20 for example) your card is charged 3 times that amount ($20 x 3 = $60) and 66% of that total charge is applied to your vehicle cost. So, as you buy gas you are paying for the car, at the cost of approximately what you are spending on gas alone for your present car or truck. Of course, you can pay the full $6800 price up front and be done with it.

This is what drew me to the Elio, it's a "people's car", cheap dependable transportation and mobility for the masses.

Hoofless_Wonder
02-25-2016, 03:21 AM
...This is what drew me to the Elio, it's a "people's car", cheap dependable transportation and mobility for the masses.

Hmmm. Last time the world had a "people's car", it was the Volkswagon Bug. Yet another parallel the U.S. has with Germany of the 1930s.

It will be interesting to see how it takes off. I think it's a safe bet that higher fuel costs are a part of the future, and it's doubtful that public transit will improve much with the scramble for .gov to balance their budgets. Perhaps the Elio will help prolong the age of the motorcar a bit longer as humanity slides down the back side of Hubbert's Peak Oil curve.....

raybo
02-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Hmmm. Last time the world had a "people's car", it was the Volkswagon Bug. Yet another parallel the U.S. has with Germany of the 1930s.

It will be interesting to see how it takes off. I think it's a safe bet that higher fuel costs are a part of the future, and it's doubtful that public transit will improve much with the scramble for .gov to balance their budgets. Perhaps the Elio will help prolong the age of the motorcar a bit longer as humanity slides down the back side of Hubbert's Peak Oil curve.....

Yeah, I know the analogy with the VW, and Hitler, but it was a good idea then, and it's still a good idea, probably more so. The key is in providing mobility to lower income people. Mobility is one of the prime factors in allowing people to move out of poverty.

I am sure higher gas prices are in our future, not much doubt about that. Also not much doubt that car prices will continue to climb, as well as maintenance costs and insurance rates. All these things play their part in regards to the impact that cars like the Elio will play in the future of fossil fuel burning vehicles. Even the alternate fuel source vehicles will not have as much impact, because their costs are, and will continue to be, prohibitive for the low income person.

tanner12oz
02-25-2016, 05:42 PM
No liquidity in the stock at the moment..multi million dollar question will be how much they are going to dilute the stock to get funds needed to get this off the ground. Its inevitable but it can be done in a professional way vs. Penny stock pump and dump

tanner12oz
02-29-2016, 12:06 PM
was an article/advertisement in my local paper on ELIO yesterday