PDA

View Full Version : BRIS Custom PP Generator

Tom
01-17-2016, 12:38 AM
Got a problem - when I chose to edit a style or create new style, I do not have the check boxes to select what field I want to include. They were there last week, but gone today.

I re-installed the program, still missing.
I do know an update for XP came through this week....maybe something there did it?

This happened a long time ago, but I can't remember how I fixed it.

Flysofree
01-17-2016, 01:14 AM
Tom, I don't know the answer sorry someone will come along with that I'm sure.What amazes me is you said you got an update to Windows XP this week.. I thought they were finished doing that more than a year ago. :confused:

therussmeister
01-17-2016, 04:27 AM
I just checked my Widows 8.1 computer and it does not have that problem.

PhantomOnTour
01-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Got a problem - when I chose to edit a style or create new style, I do not have the check boxes to select what field I want to include. They were there last week, but gone today.

I re-installed the program, still missing.
I do know an update for XP came through this week....maybe something there did it?

This happened a long time ago, but I can't remember how I fixed it.
A new display Style for the pp's?
The default is Style A...i think all you have to do is name and save your Style (after checking boxes and altering to your needs) and you should be good.

MJC922
01-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Tom, I don't know the answer sorry someone will come along with that I'm sure.What amazes me is you said you got an update to Windows XP this week.. I thought they were finished doing that more than a year ago. :confused:

They still have an update every month or two for the windows defender definitions or whatever MS in-house anti-malware application was called. To your point though, you're right actual patches for XP are long over with now.

As for the issue, I'm not sure what the root cause is but if system restore is enabled, that's one way to roll back to when it was working. This is why the best thing to do with XP these days is run it in a VM and save regular backups of the entire VM. If something doesn't work it's as easy to restore as a file copy.

Tom
01-17-2016, 12:56 PM
A new display Style for the pp's?
The default is Style A...i think all you have to do is name and save your Style (after checking boxes and altering to your needs) and you should be good.

That's the problem, they boxes are there, but you can't check them, on any style, even if I create a new one. I just made a new one last week, no problems.

Tom
01-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Well, they just came back.
No idea why. :confused: