PDA

View Full Version : The Mig

Harvhorse
01-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Congrats to NYRA they came up with a great idea of having the Mig comment on the pre race warm ups. I find him very interesting and have learned a lot about body language and pre race warm ups.

"Life is 6/5 against"

mannyberrios
01-16-2016, 10:40 PM
Agreed

thespaah
01-16-2016, 10:54 PM
He knows his stuff. Actually, jockeys tend to be very good handicappers.
I remember in the early days of TVG, Julie Krone made occasional appearances. Her ability to pick horses to do well in races was impressive.
I have read where many riders will handicap races in which they were scheduled to ride.

Tara73
01-17-2016, 01:42 AM
The Mig's comments the other day regarding short post parades and older horses was very interesting.

Robes
01-17-2016, 06:35 AM
He knows his stuff. Actually, jockeys tend to be very good handicappers.
I remember in the early days of TVG, Julie Krone made occasional appearances. Her ability to pick horses to do well in races was impressive.
I have read where many riders will handicap races in which they were scheduled to ride.

Interesting,because I read somewhere,that it is every bookmakers dream to book the jockey's room.😐😐😐

Mandrake
01-17-2016, 09:10 AM
They have a show on local NYCOTB channel called trips and traps with the Mig and Andy Serling. He constantly preaches how jockeys should maintain their position, and by not doing so creates many of the "bad trips". Also he calls a bad ride a bad ride, and doesn't sugar coat his words. It's actually rather refreshing.

no breathalyzer
01-17-2016, 09:12 AM
:ThmbUp: The mig is one of the smartest jockeys all time... i miss him ridding... want to add you can learn a lot from a jockey listening to post race interviews.. the good ones are good handicappers and some are a nightmare

EMD4ME
01-17-2016, 09:47 AM
:ThmbUp: The mig is one of the smartest jockeys all time... i miss him ridding... want to add you can learn a lot from a jockey listening to post race interviews.. the good ones are good handicappers and some are a nightmare

Ramon studied as much as we do. Man was a master at also studying the track bias from race 1. Loved his post race interviews. You could actually smell the intelligence through his words.

Mig is highly intellectual as well. Love his comments on trips and traps. Does not beat around the bush. Calls all good rides out and bad rides out.

GatetoWire
01-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Interesting,because I read somewhere,that it is every bookmakers dream to book the jockey's room.😐😐😐

While they are riding....yes....but without a dog in the fight they tend to be very good handicappers

Rich is great at analyzing the warmups and trainer intentions.

Secondbest
01-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Agree his comments about the warmups. Are usually spot on

castaway01
01-18-2016, 12:07 PM
The Mig is very sharp; I definitely listen to what he has to say.

Stillriledup
01-19-2016, 12:05 AM
The Mig is very sharp; I definitely listen to what he has to say.

1960 posts and I finally agree with you. ;)

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108150&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Migliore

bobphilo
01-19-2016, 04:01 PM

So true. The Mig is an exception. Jocks are notoriously bad handicappers, even worse than trainers. The best handicappers are handicappers.