PDA

View Full Version : Joe Zambuto software

csmith
06-20-2004, 12:39 PM
This is my first post here so if I do anything wrong I am sorry, but here goes.
At the risk of being ridiculed and being given a hard time I would just like to make a few comments about his software. I was one of those unsatisfied owners of the software. I didn't understand it and could not get it to do what I wanted. I just refused to give up though and I am glad I stuck with it. I now have most of the problems worked out and I think the software works great. I don't have everything figured out yet but I am really impressed with the potential of the program. I think Joe is a good programmer and knowledgable about horse racing. I think the problem is with his relaying his ideas and proceedures. Maybe he is just not a good teacher. Some people, including myself are like that. They ( and me ) just have trouble making people understand what it is they are trying to convey..
As far as support. I just had a hard drive problem and had to reformat my entire drive which of course wiped out the program. I had no problem with Joe giving me the new registration number to get me back up and running..

I am one of those, like many of you that buys or tries any software that come along. I would rank this software better than most I have tried and probably one of the best. It is kind of cryptic get get the initial software going but once you get it set up it is a breeze.

I don't know of any other software that lets you handicap an entire years worth of data ( And multiple track ) then if you want make a few adjustments to your models and then re run the year to see the results of your changes to your models.

I would have no pronblems in recommending the software to anyone, if you willing to give it an honest try andwilling to get the intital setup going.

Well, there it is, thats my story and I'm sticking to it..

cj
06-20-2004, 12:58 PM
It is incredible the amount of first posters who start out with the Joe Z program. Wish I could make a wager on the source of these posts!

kitts
06-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Await posts from the others that will imply that Joe Zambuto is posting under an alias. Even if he is, so what? Doesn't take much to stir folks up here.

GameTheory
06-20-2004, 01:17 PM
If the user is willing to give an "honest try" to get the initial setup going, shouldn't the developer/vendor (you know, the guy that takes the money) also give an "honest try" to help you out? The greatest software in the world is no good if you can't get it running...

Dave Schwartz
06-20-2004, 02:35 PM
CSmith,

An enlightening post.

Many people that get their hands on a piece of software and get frustrated quickly give up. Yet, especially if there are other users that seem to be pleased, one can only assume that the software must have at least some redeeming qualities.

As a developer of rather complex software myself, I have reached the point where I tell people that "On day three with HSH you will throw your hands up in the air and ask yourself what you have gotten yourself into. But by day five or six, when the light goes on, you will see why the effort is worth it."

Since the users here have heard so much negative about Mr. Z's program, perhaps you might take a moment and share what other features you have found effective.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

csmith
06-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Dave,

Please understand I am not an expert on the software ( yet :)
Some of the features that I like is the ability to change the weiging factors to fit your style of handicapping. I know other software has this ablility but with his program you can make the adjustment withou any typing, just move the slide bar up or down..You can set the factors and then run the race and see what changes.. I also like the ease of operation, as you say when the light goes on !!! It does take some time and effort to set it up initaly. after you get it set up you can, with just a few clicks of the mouse run an entire years worth of races..

Please understand that I was very disastisfied with the program in the beginning. As a matter of fact I was so discouraged that I didn't even try using it for quite a while. Then one day recently I decided that I can't let a piece of software defeat me, so I loaded up the program and just started trying things on my own.. Lo and behold I started finding things and then I started realizing his therory behind it. Or at least what I though he was trying to convey..

It does a good job of giving me the proper plays for my betting style. I can say that I have had more winnign days with it recently than losing ones. Will that hold up ?? Who knows, I am just telling you my experience up to this point in time. I am a value player and I make multiple bets using the AT The Races Pro for my wagering purposes..I like to take the emontionl part out of making bets. When I get my selection I then key them into At The Races Pro ( In my opion another great program ) and the rest is history..

I have read some of the post since I post I started this one and everyone can be assured that I am not Joe Zambuto, I do not know Joe Zambuto, have never been asscoiated with Joe zambuto other than buying his software and some e mails with him..

As you can see I don't use an alias. I use my real name..Nothing to hide here..And if anyome wants more information about me I will be happy to give you my addrees and telephone number..

The only reason that I stated this was because I belive now that Joe has gotten a bad rap on his software on this forum. I must admit that I was in agreement with most of the posts that I read about him and his product until now. I just feel someone has to speak out in defense of what I think could be a great piece of software..

Dave, I hope I have answered you question..

Thanks,
Cliff

Dave Schwartz
06-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Cliff,

Thanks for taking the time.

Dave

GameTheory
06-20-2004, 06:10 PM
The complaints I have heard haven't been about the features of the software, but rather that the thing won't run at all and Joe won't help them to get it running...

csmith
06-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Game Theory

I can't speak for anyone else but I had no problems with the software running, I just didn't know what to make it do to get the handicapping to work..Sometimes it is operater trouble and not the software..I don't that if that is the case, as I said before I can only gauge it on my own experience..

BeatTheChalk
06-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Gotta love the name. I have never heard of the guy or the
software...but I dont get around much LOL ...

Lefty
06-20-2004, 10:07 PM
My complaint is after the last upgrade I can't get it to run on either computer and all I get from Joe is i'm only 1 having a prob out of 500 buyers. Hard to use if his codes won't run it.

Tom
06-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
My complaint is after the last upgrade I can't get it to run on either computer and all I get from Joe is i'm only 1 having a prob out of 500 buyers. Hard to use if his codes won't run it.

So if you are the only one, should be too hard fro him to fix the one problems should it?
Hey, Joe, how about an explanation fro YOU!

Lefty
06-20-2004, 10:28 PM
He just kept sending me diff security codes to try. Funny, it was working fine before that last big upgrade. Been awhile now.

kingfin66
06-21-2004, 01:56 AM
I have never heard of this guy's software except on this board. What is the name of the software, where do you buy it, and how much does it cost? Does he have a website, or is it distributed through somebody else?

SAL
06-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Try this:

Zambuto program (http://www.beatthepublic.com)

headhawg
06-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Interested parties could also look for his Ebay specials. Just to summarize my feelings, the software is clunky to use and I never got the feeling that improvement was on the horizon.

I am glad that csmith is having success with it -- I hope that all (ok, most :) ) players on this board have success no matter what they use. I have had some mild success at certain tracks, but it takes a little more effort from a maintenance point of view than I'm willing to spend. (I could never handicap a year's worth of races without babysitting it for many hours, for example.) I use other software that is much easier to maintain, and that gives me more time to handicap the output.

Lefty
06-21-2004, 11:47 AM
This is his main website
www.beatthepublic.com