PDA

View Full Version : Rating Tracks on a scale of 1 to 5

Sparky13
01-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Looking for suggestions to rate tracks on a scale of 1 (being best) to 5 (being the lowest). I have a software program that list tracks with a number from 1 to 5, and allows the user to add new tracks (several new tracks have been added since the program was written), but gives no instructions on how to rate the tracks. Of course, all the large tracks such as AQU, BEL, CD, DMR, GP, etc. are either 1s or 2s. It is when you get to the other tracks, it becomes difficult to assign a number. What would be a good way to assign a number? Thanks for your help.

ebcorde
01-15-2016, 11:37 AM
to rate and print it out every month or so. probably somebody post on the internet that data

but you should be able rate them by region, that's what I do. I rate SAR on top, followed by BEL,SAX. not too many top level or even mid level tracks plenty of 5 rating tracks

Dave Schwartz
01-15-2016, 11:38 AM
What are you looking for here?

Quality of horse?
Speed of track?
Reliability of speed?
Takeout?

rastajenk
01-15-2016, 11:44 AM
SAX?

Sparky13
01-15-2016, 12:01 PM
I am not exactly sure what I should be looking for, but from how the tracks were rated in the original software program, it may have had something to do with the purse structure. I went on the DRF website where they use to have a list of tracks and their purse structure, but I couldn't find it today. If you have a suggestion, I would like your help. The program uses the last 3 races with Beyer numbers, starts, wins, 2nds and amount of life time earnings, if that helps

Mandrake
01-15-2016, 12:43 PM
You might want to check out the HANA racetrack ratings

ultracapper
01-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Looking for suggestions to rate tracks on a scale of 1 (being best) to 5 (being the lowest). I have a software program that list tracks with a number from 1 to 5, and allows the user to add new tracks (several new tracks have been added since the program was written), but gives no instructions on how to rate the tracks. Of course, all the large tracks such as AQU, BEL, CD, DMR, GP, etc. are either 1s or 2s. It is when you get to the other tracks, it becomes difficult to assign a number. What would be a good way to assign a number? Thanks for your help.

A common way is to rate them by the average purse of a first level allowance.

Winger
01-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Parx is a 1.

whodoyoulike
01-15-2016, 07:09 PM

Your question sounded familiar. I hope this helps, my criteria is noted in post #19.

This might be a large request,but I'll ask anyway.
Does anyone have a list of tracks they consider better than others A-B-C-D-E
tracks, and why are they considered in that category. Thanks for any input.

Frank

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117089&page=1&pp=15&highlight=jockey+colony

And, where is SAX?

therussmeister
01-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Your question sounded familiar. I hope this helps, my criteria is noted in post #19.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117089&page=1&pp=15&highlight=jockey+colony

And, where is SAX?
Every night I go out looking for SAX. No luck. Although, I do know that in some past performances, tracks with two letter designations get an X tacked on to their abbreviation, thus Santa Anita becomes SAX.

elhelmete
01-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Davidowitz published a similar chart in his book based on purse amounts/structure. Probably dated by now...

Baron Star Gregg
01-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Purse structures can be found in each track's Condition Books in the Horseman's section of most track's web site. It'll take a little work to assemble but it's there.

whodoyoulike
01-15-2016, 08:53 PM
In the post which I provided see the link in post #15 which shows DRF's summary report as of 2012.

To the Meister, it took me a second to get your post. You shouldn't be so picky. Good one!

five-eighths
01-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Maybe not 5, but this gives you 4 tiers.

If you look in the class column each track has either 1 (lowest),4,7, or 10 (highest)

https://www.americanturf.com/equalization/index.cfm?showchart=1

DRIVEWAY
01-19-2016, 03:06 PM
1) Determine the number of opportunities for 4000-15000 claimers 0n dirt
per race card and meet - exclude all maiden races

Rank from highest to lowest by meet and race card.

2) Using the same races above group them by number of betting interests
a.) Seven of less
b,) Eight or Nine
c.) Ten Plus

Rank from highest to lowest by meet and race card within each category of
A,B,C

If you choose you could further breakdown by distance or any other criteria.

When I use my handicapping software the sweet spot for me is (B) and (C) above at distances from 5.5fl to 1 1/16.

appistappis
01-19-2016, 10:55 PM
there is only one rating for tracks in my world and thats R.O.I.....In 2015 my number one earner was indiana downs.

davew
01-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Some people rank tracks by betting handle (more important for bettors than purse which is important to trainers/owners).

HuggingTheRail
01-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Hastings is a 7