PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires yanking Free Harness PPs from customers again.

chaz63
01-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Does TVG or any other ADW provide free rebates on Harness programs wagered on? I'm pretty much done with Twinspires and CDI in general. I know Canada already provides PPs for there tracks.

Ray2000
01-14-2016, 07:59 PM
I've never used them but you may want to check them out.

GL

http://www.drf.com/store/drf-bets-free-harness-pps

cecil127
01-14-2016, 08:36 PM
last I checked xpressbet still did for the condensed pp's (you pay $2 then wager $2 on that track and they'll refund the purchase price the following day)...but I haven't purchased any condensed pp's recently. their bonus pts system lets you "purchase" the premium pp's which are (to me) a lot better :ThmbUp:

titans1127
01-14-2016, 10:36 PM
They also raised the price of the condensed and full PPs from $1.50 to $1.75. I don't see why we always have to be screwed.

I tend to prefer playing Canadian tracks just for the free PPs.

chaz63
01-14-2016, 10:59 PM
They also raised the price of the condensed and full PPs from $1.50 to $1.75. I don't see why we always have to be screwed.

I tend to prefer playing Canadian tracks just for the free PPs.
Yup, I see that now, that must of happened pretty recently, hmmm......I guess I should place a good part of the blame on Equibase/Trackmaster too then.

chaz63
01-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks for you all's help/advise, much appreciated!

mrroyboy
01-17-2016, 03:03 PM
You may have noticed adds from Drf and others offering discounts. The reason is they are getting big time competition from Timeform and others.
Maybe the same will happen with harness racing.

Canarsie
01-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Yup, I see that now, that must of happened pretty recently, hmmm......I guess I should place a good part of the blame on Equibase/Trackmaster too then.

In 2011 I wrote a letter to trackmaster asking why there was two price increases in a year. They also contacted me as a former "frequent downloader" whose account has become inactive. As I still have the email I'll give you part of a sentence that they personally responded to.

"the USTA has insisted on higher and higher data royalties each time the contract is up for renewal".

Hope this info helps a little before putting blame the people who publish the charts. It could be either one or a daily double that made the prices go higher.

Tom
01-19-2016, 10:17 AM
It's like a restaurant selling menus. :ThmbDown:

chaz63
01-19-2016, 11:34 AM
In 2011 I wrote a letter to trackmaster asking why there was two price increases in a year. They also contacted me as a former "frequent downloader" whose account has become inactive. As I still have the email I'll give you part of a sentence that they personally responded to.

"the USTA has insisted on higher and higher data royalties each time the contract is up for renewal".

Hope this info helps a little before putting blame the people who publish the charts. It could be either one or a daily double that made the prices go higher.
Thanks for posting this, I received info from a few other Trackmaster customers that were told the exact same thing.