PDA

View Full Version : La Boheme (Ger)

ultracapper
01-13-2016, 01:33 PM
RMandella/Prat running in the 3rd at SA Thursday 1/14/2016.

Anybody have anything to add about this horse that isn't self evident in the DRF pps? She looks like a real wild card in this race. Going 1 1/8 off a 7 month layoff, but then again, she debuted at 1 1/4 and missed by a neck while 6 clear at Sandown.

Maybe some comments on the stature of the tracks she ran at (Sandown, Salisbury, Newbury) and the competition she may have been expected to face routing on turf as a 3yo in the spring?

azeri98
01-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Those tracks are not top tier, maybe 2nd or 3rd, you are right about the wildcard aspect.

ultracapper
01-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Typical RMandella work pattern for an import, but that last workout was a BANG!!!

Know anything about Luca Cumani?

azeri98
01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Don't know too much about him, I thought he had some good horses years ago from what I remember but I can't be sure.Mandella is good at making import horses better, just don't know how good this one is, I usually watch the toteboard on horses like this.

Rise Over Run
01-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Typical RMandella work pattern for an import, but that last workout was a BANG!!!

Know anything about Luca Cumani?
I know he trained a BC Mile winner for Sheikh Mohammed. Can't remember the name, I think it was the year that Concern won the classic.

Edit: Looked it up; Barathea - 1994

ultracapper
01-13-2016, 02:59 PM
I know he trained a BC Mile winner for Sheikh Mohammed. Can't remember the name, I think it was the year that Concern won the classic.

Edit: Looked it up; Barathea - 1994

That's enough to tell me right there to not be surprised if she turns out to be a real race horse. Tried to get ownership info in England last spring, but I don't have the resources to find that. I'd be interested to know if there was a sale to the present owners or if one or both owned the horse in England last spring. She's the ML favorite, and that right there tells me she will be bet down from there as she wouldn't be the ML favorite if there wasn't some talk about her on the backstretch.

The race will end up being a pass for me unfortunately. Without her, the race sets up for #1 Margaret Reay to almost slam dunk proportions, but being La Boheme races forwardly, she muddles this up, making the race unbettable.

azeri98
01-14-2016, 07:17 PM
She ran well but the way the race was run made it hard for her to win, slow pace and running wide the whole race, the :1: couldn't have had an easier trip.

cj
01-14-2016, 08:57 PM
She ran well but the way the race was run made it hard for her to win, slow pace and running wide the whole race, the :1: couldn't have had an easier trip.

She'll get Lasix next time and win.

ldiatone
01-14-2016, 09:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDvE8uKWznc

ultracapper
01-15-2016, 02:55 AM

Margaret Reay was as easy as it gets, if it weren't for the shipper, but you couldn't bet her at even with that shipper in there. Too many signals said the shipper was going to be solid.