PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing my next Laptop/Tablet, please

pktruckdriver
01-13-2016, 10:57 AM
As we all know I am truckdriver and will need something tough enough to bounce around with me all day, but something also powerful and easy to use.

My requirements for this machine are as follows

Run the following programs

RDSS2
HSH
ADW sites, NHPLAY, Xpressbet, Twinspires
Apps like ESPN, NFL, CBS to watch sports ,etc..
Email , Facebook, various ( a dozen or so) other truck related app's
Take pictures of BOL's to send , like with a smartphone
Ability to print easily with printers, even wirelessly , but min. 1 usb port
Screen resolution minimum 1920 x 1080
Be able to watch dvd movies on it, like from redbox, (is there a better way)

Trying to stay under 1500, if possible under 1000.00 , not likely I know

Here are a few possibilities I saw

Microsoft - Surface Pro 4 - 12.3" - 128GB - Intel Core m3 - Silver

HP - ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Natural Silver

Now I would like something that is not hard to take out and turn on and use then put away again, my current laptop is very bulky and tough to get out and turn and use then put away again.
Can a tablet really work with these programs I want to use and have my ADW on and RDSS2 on and also maybe a pdf file or to opened, all part of my horse handicapping experience. Oh, and maybe facebook running in the background too...lol

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer me, those 2 products are not written in stone, just a possibility from Best Buy website, nothing more.

patrick

pktruckdriver
01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Problem solved I got a HP Envy 17t

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-envy---17t-laptop-m9x66av-1

Up next a Tablet, probably the Surface 4 , we'll see

Thanks

parlay
01-14-2016, 09:59 PM
please report back on how the laptop performs for you. thanks

NorCalGreg
01-15-2016, 04:22 AM
Problem solved I got a HP Envy 17t

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-envy---17t-laptop-m9x66av-1

Up next a Tablet, probably the Surface 4 , we'll see

Thanks

Please do report back, pk. I'm not a laptop guy, I know you're on the road night and day. I've never spent more than $400 on a desktop--usually can salvage a monitor, or some other component, when it's time for a replacement.

Looks like you spent a good amount for your laptop--hang on to that thing. Oh...I had a hard time with this part of the ad:

"State-of-the-art Audio by Bang & Olufsen sound transforms your PC into a soundstage where entertainment comes alive with sound you can feel. Designed for true audio perfection on a PC."

The only name on my speakers is "China"

-NCG