PDA

View Full Version : DRF Customer Service Blows Part 2

TravisVOX
06-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I'm frustrated now.

The PDF chart for Belmont Park, on Friday June 18, Race1 is NOT coming up. I've called, I've emailed...no one is listening. "It's coming up on our system."

Well, it's not on anyone elses. I've checked with people here, I've checked with friends...nothing.

I'm a subscriber to the DRF Formulator 4 plan and downloading charts, though free to anyone, should be a consistent and worthy aspect covered by customer service. Yet they play me for a fool, when they're the ones with the problem -- the chart doesn't load!!!!!

Is anyone else able to get the chart?

cj
06-20-2004, 08:57 AM
No, its not there.

I'd recommend e-mailing Marc at DRF, not that the customer service shouldn't be able to handle a problem like this, but that is the route to take if you want results.

Tom
06-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Is it a holiday in India? hehehehe.

As I've always said............but them I am just a habitual DRF hater according to some. BUt hey, DRF made me that with CS just like this.
If you have to defend your customer service, you don't have any.
:D

ROTFLMAF

Tom
06-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Is it a holiday in India? hehehehe.

As I've always said............but then I am just a habitual DRF hater according to some. But hey, DRF made me that with CS just like this.

ROTFLMAF

kenwoodallpromos
06-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Travis[QUOTE]"It's coming up on our system."

That proves they are goofing up something simple. They forgot to hit the "send" button or something. They are automatically on the defensive.

Good thing you use the "qoute" otion. You would not want to be accused of mis-quoting yourself. That might not count in your quoate quota. LOL.

Tom
06-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Did I quote myself?
Ooopss.!:o

schweitz
06-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Tom

Great line---LOL

Marc At DRF
06-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Here's how it works:

1) Sundays we don't do in-house customer service, just the outsourced variety.

2) If there's a problem with a chart, and you call customer service ON A SUNDAY, there's not much that is going to happen to fix this FREE service. The other 6 days, it should be much better. On Sunday, all they can do is send an e-mail to us in NY, and then on Monday morning, we have a fix implemented. After seeing that e-mail this morning, a fix was implemented in... 3 minutes.

3) As it turns out, I actually checked work e-mail on Sunday. As I've made clear about 500 times here, you guys are welcome to e-mail me at mattenb@drf.com if you ever have any problems. If you had done this yesterday afternoon, it would have been fixed yesterday afternoon.

4) I appreciate paying customers wanting all free services on a website to work perfectly. I'd love that to be the case, too. But occasionally the automated charts functionality doesn't work perfectly, and if it's broken on a Sunday, unless someone like me is checking e-mail from home, it just ain't gonna get fixed right away-- especially if I never see any e-mail about it.

Marc At DRF
06-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Addendum--

I know it's fun to compare us to companies with virtually unlimited resources, but we're really not 24-7 on fixing our free services. Sundays are just not a great time to get things fixed around here. If you see a bad chart on a Sunday, I'd just e-mail it to cservice@drf.com and let it lie until Monday noon or so. I don't think that's unreasonable, though I can think of a couple people here who will surely feel otherwise.

TravisVOX
06-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Marc I just dropped you an email.

I didn't want to sound like a jerk on here, but I didn't like how I talked to two different people, and however many in email and they didn't listen to me that it wasn't my computer or my internet that wasn't working.

Bottom line is, I got the chart!!! Take care!

Travis