PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park - home of the LA Rams

horses4courses
01-12-2016, 08:22 PM
.Andy Asaro Retweeted
NFL Total Access ‏@NFLTotalAccess 12m12 minutes ago
BREAKING: The #Rams will relocate to Inglewood, CA. The #Chargers have the option to join them. (via @judybattista)

ManU918
01-12-2016, 08:52 PM
$2 Billion dollar stadium... Jesus Christ.

davew
01-12-2016, 09:33 PM
will it be at Hollywood park or somewhere else in Inglewood?

Inner Dirt
01-12-2016, 09:41 PM
will it be at Hollywood park or somewhere else in Inglewood?

Proposed site is the old Hollywood Park grounds, while using the adjoining Forum lot for part of the parking. Last I saw anyways.

kingfin66
01-12-2016, 10:49 PM
And they thought that they could no longer attract crowds to Hollywood Park.

Stillriledup
01-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Those people who bought and refurbished the LA forum kinda knew what they were doing.

horses4courses
01-12-2016, 11:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYknMRiWkAAV6H4.jpg

dnlgfnk
01-13-2016, 01:10 AM
As a boyhood fan of the St.L. football Cardinals, I never took to the Rams and felt we "stole" them.

But this year long song and dance by Goodell, Grubman, Kroenke et.al., that it was a process seeking fairness, when the fix was laughingly, clearly in all along, makes them look silly and certifies the league as being run by greedy egoists.

barahona44
01-13-2016, 08:57 AM
$2 Billion dollar stadium... Jesus Christ.
Well with state of California flush with cash, this shouldn'the a burden on the taxpayers! :bang:

ronsmac
01-13-2016, 12:37 PM
I wonder if this will hurt California racing on Sunday's? Maryland didn't run on Sundays for years because of the Ravens and Redskins and Hawthorne doesn't run on Sundays during football season.

_______
01-13-2016, 04:16 PM
As a boyhood fan of the St.L. football Cardinals, I never took to the Rams and felt we "stole" them.

But this year long song and dance by Goodell, Grubman, Kroenke et.al., that it was a process seeking fairness, when the fix was laughingly, clearly in all along, makes them look silly and certifies the league as being run by greedy egoists.

Given the record of Kroenke franchises (Rams and Blues, bottom 1/3 attendance in their league. Nuggets and the MLS franchise, worst attendance in their league) I'd mark today as the high water mark for ownership's popularity in Los Angeles. I started rooting for the Packers after the Rams left town 22 years ago and have no intention of changing the color of the laundry I support again. I doubt many here in SoCal have any idea what they are getting. Give it another 25 years and the new stadium will be out of date and the merry go round can start again. I'll stick with the team that is owned by it's community and look forward to visiting the new kids stadium when mine comes to town.

_______
01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
Well with state of California flush with cash, this shouldn'the a burden on the taxpayers! :bang:

There is no direct taxpayer money going into the stadium. Kroenke is the wealthiest NFL owner and is building the stadium with partners.

It's the marriage of a valuable marketplace with someone of means beyond that of even the average NFL owner. I don't think it's a model that can be copied everywhere but I'm glad to see it worked here.

kingfin66
01-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Is Kroenke wealthier than Paul Allen? That is impressive!

barahona44
01-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Is Kroenke wealthier than Paul Allen? That is impressive!
Kroenke. 6.3 billion
Allen. 17.4 billion

Guessing neither of these 2 will be playing Powerball today.

Also, if San Diego joins the Rams in the new stadium, it will also be a homecoming for them as the franchise played it's first year (1960) in the AFL in Los Angeles.

zico20
01-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Given the record of Kroenke franchises (Rams and Blues, bottom 1/3 attendance in their league. Nuggets and the MLS franchise, worst attendance in their league) I'd mark today as the high water mark for ownership's popularity in Los Angeles. I started rooting for the Packers after the Rams left town 22 years ago and have no intention of changing the color of the laundry I support again. I doubt many here in SoCal have any idea what they are getting. Give it another 25 years and the new stadium will be out of date and the merry go round can start again. I'll stick with the team that is owned by it's community and look forward to visiting the new kids stadium when mine comes to town.

Kroenke does not own the Blues. There will be two teams in LA and eventually neither one of them will have much support at the gate. LA is not a pro football town.

_______
01-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Kroenke does not own the Blues. There will be two teams in LA and eventually neither one of them will have much support at the gate. LA is not a pro football town.

Colorado Avalance. My bad.

MutuelClerk
01-14-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm a Raider fan in the Midwest. If the league gives them 100 million to build a stadium in Oakland and they'd rather pay almost 500 million to relocate and leave. I believe I will have had it with the NFL. If I have these numbers wrong, apologies.

dnlgfnk
01-14-2016, 09:30 PM

And Stillman (and Card's Dewitt family) couldn't be more different than Stanley Enos. But what's in a name?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-cardinals-drop-the-puck-for-st-louis/article_4de101de-6c6e-5f69-82e0-21a5bdae2f67.html