PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional round

Valuist
01-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Kansas City/New England Under 43

This number will come down. We already know NE receviers are banged up; maybe they play rusty, maybe they don't play. Maclin in concussion protocol. No reason to expect this total to rise. KC D red hot, allowing just 47 points in last 5 games.

Stillriledup
01-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Hard game to call, Pats have been known to play possum with injures. I think the banged up thing is overblown. Gronk got hit in Denver and rolled around like his career was over and the guy was walking around later that night and playing soon thereafter. They're great at the head games so you never really know what you're getting.

You're not wrong to go under a lot of these games are close to the vest situations.

cj
01-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Gronk got hit in Denver and rolled around like his career was over and the guy was walking around later that night and playing soon thereafter.

He missed the next week's game.

Stillriledup
01-10-2016, 06:32 PM
He missed the next week's game.

I said paying soon thereafter, he would have played if it was a playoff game.

cj
01-10-2016, 07:08 PM
I said paying soon thereafter, he would have played if it was a playoff game.

Pure speculation.

Valuist
01-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Tough spot for the Steelers. Big Ben and Brown were really beaten up, now they hit the road for their 4th consecutive road game, in what year in, year out, has been the biggest home field advantage in the NFL.

Denver should've beaten the Steelers in Pittsburgh back on December 20th, but the Broncos melted down on both sides of the ball to lose 34-27.

Bet number 2:

Seattle +3 over Carolina

Stillriledup
01-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Pure speculation.

We can agree to disagree, unless you want to delete this too.

Valuist
01-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Tough spot for the Steelers. Big Ben and Brown were really beaten up, now they hit the road for their 4th consecutive road game, in what year in, year out, has been the biggest home field advantage in the NFL.

Denver should've beaten the Steelers in Pittsburgh back on December 20th, but the Broncos melted down on both sides of the ball to lose 34-27.

Bet number 2:

Seattle +3 over Carolina

Green Bay +7

Kansas City +5

tucker6
01-14-2016, 07:21 AM
Kansas City/New England Under 43

This number will come down. We already know NE receviers are banged up; maybe they play rusty, maybe they don't play. Maclin in concussion protocol. No reason to expect this total to rise. KC D red hot, allowing just 47 points in last 5 games.
imo, betting the over/under in football is just too speculative for my tastes. It's worse than gambling. It's pure luck at times. All you need is a pick/return/fumble 6, a red zone turnover, or an injury to a key player to completely change the dynamics of the over/under during the game. Hell, the over/under is even affected by the score. When KC went up 30-0, both teams ran the clock out. If it was 20-10, there'd have been more opportunity for scoring. Just don't like the play.

BetHorses!
01-14-2016, 09:58 AM
imo, betting the over/under in football is just too speculative for my tastes. It's worse than gambling. It's pure luck at times. All you need is a pick/return/fumble 6, a red zone turnover, or an injury to a key player to completely change the dynamics of the over/under during the game. Hell, the over/under is even affected by the score. When KC went up 30-0, both teams ran the clock out. If it was 20-10, there'd have been more opportunity for scoring. Just don't like the play.

FYI Total is down to 42

Valuist
01-14-2016, 10:26 AM

I disagree. We know the public bets the NFL more than any sport, and what does Joe Public love to bet? He loves to bet on teams with flashy records who light up the scoreboard. Favorites and overs, so there tends to be value in both the dogs and unders. Totals betting involves opinions on tempo and game planning, both of which are part of the handicapping process. I've had a damned good NFL season, and much of it is from totals.

Secondbest
01-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Chandler Jones might be out for pats. Supposedly did a ton of synthetic pot

horses4courses
01-14-2016, 12:30 PM
I like KC +5 / ARIZ -7 / CAR -2.5

DEN/PIT game too close to call for me.

tucker6
01-14-2016, 12:55 PM
I disagree. We know the public bets the NFL more than any sport, and what does Joe Public love to bet? He loves to bet on teams with flashy records who light up the scoreboard. Favorites and overs, so there tends to be value in both the dogs and unders. Totals betting involves opinions on tempo and game planning, both of which are part of the handicapping process. I've had a damned good NFL season, and much of it is from totals.
I could agree that a bias exists among the betting public, and if that is how you bet over the long run, then I can see the advantage.

tucker6
01-14-2016, 12:56 PM

If I may ask, what are you thinking in this game to make that comment?

Stillriledup
01-14-2016, 01:32 PM
Chandler Jones might be out for pats. Supposedly did a ton of synthetic pot

I'm no pot expert but why not just do the real thing?

ultracapper
01-14-2016, 01:52 PM

He's a blind squirrel. Pitt is like the Confederate Army in March 1865. Once proud soldiers reduced to the walking wounded.

However, I don't expect Manning to finish the game. I have zero confidence in his ability to perform at the needed level to make any kind of playoff run. I think we see the backup (can't spell his name) in the 2nd half. Either that, or Denver goes down with the ship.

So maybe the blind squirrel found a nut after all.

PhantomOnTour
01-14-2016, 02:05 PM
Really?
The NFL tests for real weed and it's a banned substance...synthetic (to my knowledge) isn't.
I believe it's also illegal in the state he did this, whereas synthetic (or legal, as it's known) isn't.

horses4courses
01-14-2016, 03:03 PM

I don't like the QB situations with either team.
Each team is a hard sack away from losing their preferred starter.

Apart from that, I'd say it's a tough game to call anyway.
Not saying that any are easy - it's just a tough read for me.

Rookies
01-14-2016, 10:20 PM
I don't like the QB situations with either team.
Each team is a hard sack away from losing their preferred starter.

Apart from that, I'd say it's a tough game to call anyway.
Not saying that any are easy - it's just a tough read for me.

Heard a quote today that sums up that fool HC of the Bungles- with HD pix of the Owner cavorting with farm animals!

"There are 3 things in life that are dead certainties- Death, Taxes & Marv Lewis losing another Playoff game!"

Which is a long way around to say that Ben couldn't throw a 10 Yard Pass, when he came back for the final march and that eedgit didn't have Clue One, after watching one Pass attempt! I did and wondered why no rush by Cinci. As it turns out, Roeth is very damaged goods and Brown may be out on the Concussion protocol.

They have a chance between slim and none, if both are the case.

tucker6
01-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Let's see if Pacman apologizes since Antonio Brown has been ruled out for Sunday. Stupid is as stupid does they say.

rastajenk
01-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Why would Adam apologize for Antonio missing the game?

Secondbest
01-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Why would Adam apologize for Antonio missing the game?
He said Brown took a dive

ponyplayerdotca
01-15-2016, 12:27 PM
K.C. at N.E.

I said in last week's post for the KC-HOU game that "both teams must guard against falling behind by a big margin as neither team has a QB who can rally his team up and down the field quickly for a comeback".

For K.C., that still applies this week. Despite New England's injury issues, they still have the better QB overall. Brady is ready, and the Patriots staff have had nothing but long hours put in to know this Chiefs team inside and out. Last season's 41-14 Monday night loss at Arrowhead is a very fresh catalyst too.

All the same qualities that make Smith efficient when the Chiefs are winning are the same ones that hinder him when they are trailing - his inability to go down field consistently IN A HURRY. If the Patriots score early and build a lead, the Chiefs are in trouble.

G.B. at ARIZ.

Rematch from Week 16 sees a hungry Cardinals team awaiting the same mediocre Packers bunch they crushed 38-8 come back to Glendale. The Packers have had trouble in rematch games in all three of their divisional games this season (lost 2nd game to Bears, hail Mary saved a 2nd loss at Lions, and loss to the Vikings in their rematch on final day).

Now they face their 4th and final rematch of this season against a much better team than all those three, the Cardinals. Not exactly sure the Packers can make enough adjustments and execute them all to perfection on both sides of the ball to narrow that 30-point gap enough to victory.

Even if they play much better, they need Arizona to make many mistakes with the ball to keep this game close enough. The bait to meet either divisional foe (Seahawks or Panthers) in the championship game could be too enticing for them to make them look past the Packers, but I think their poor game vs Seattle in Week 17 has them focused on Green Bay first.

SEA. at CAR.

Rematch of Week 6 this season (CAR 27 SEA 23) as well as divisional playoff round matchup from last season's playoffs (SEA 31 CAR 17). Best game of the weekend on paper.

Panthers seem to be a team that has played so well, especially since that big play late win in Seattle this season. They also look like a team that was exposed on defence late in the season by the Saints, Giants, and 2nd game vs Falcons. They always play the Seahawks close, but always seem to trail and play from behind. Great win this year, but they did struggle for a lot of that game and the Seahawks gave it away, in my opinion. Newton still must prove that he can be a superstar now that the do-or-die game is upon us.

Two seasons back, after a 12-4 season and bye week at #2, they came out favored and flashy while hosting the 49ers on the divisional weekend. They played flat after the week off, and lost 23-10. Maybe Coach Ron Rivera and the remaining players from that day learned all they need to know to avoid that this time around, or they could be destined to repeat the feat.

Seattle's improbable survival thanks to that missed FG last week has brought that team some divine intervention that a #6 seed Wild Card needs to navigate three road playoff games to get to a Super Bowl. (Big Ben's saving tackle in Indy back in 2005 season playoffs sent the Steelers on their way for example). The Seahawks have been waiting for a rematch chance against the Panthers since that week 6 loss and might just have what it takes to be the one road team to win this weekend.

PIT. at DEN.

Both teams start their #1 QBs, both who are battling injuries to do so. Both are one big hit, or a quick set of "three and outs" away from forcing their coaches to make a big decision - do I switch my QB before its too late?

Ben looks like he will be ok to go early, but one big hit, or poor pass for an INT here and there, and Landry Jones will have to come in. Whereas, if Peyton is inefficient or lags, the Broncos can bring in Osweiler, who led them well down the stretch and put up a 27-10 lead on the Steelers in Pittsburgh before that ugly 2nd half.

Broncos should prevail as they have the better defense. Home field and altitude advantage obviously goes to the Broncos too. And remember that even when the Broncos were playoff led by Tim Tebow in 2011 season playoffs, the Steelers still lost at Mile High in that atmosphere.

PICKS - N.E., ARIZ., SEA., DEN.

Secondbest
01-16-2016, 11:05 AM
3-0-1 on wild card weekend.

K.C. +4 1/2
Ari. -7 1/2
Car. -2
Pitt. +7 1/2

Valuist
01-16-2016, 12:59 PM
If you are Denver, don't you have to put 8 in a box and dare Ben to make more than a 10 yard throw? Of course, Steelers running game has also been battered by injuries. Wheaton and Bryant are just ordinary receivers who benefit from the best WR in the game always drawing double coverage. Without Brown, its gonna to be tough for them.

Secondbest
01-16-2016, 02:09 PM
If you are Denver, don't you have to put 8 in a box and dare Ben to make more than a 10 yard throw? Of course, Steelers running game has also been battered by injuries. Wheaton and Bryant are just ordinary receivers who benefit from the best WR in the game always drawing double coverage. Without Brown, its gonna to be tough for them.
Same goes for Pitt. Can Manning make a long throw. Last game he played it was what 5 or 6 short throws? Ben is tough he will try to do what takes even if his arm falls off.

Stillriledup
01-16-2016, 02:18 PM

All logic points to Denver, but the one thing nobody talks about is heart. Denver doesn't really have much heart, they aren't the team you want in a dogfight. Denver will win if they open up a big lead, but if they're under pressure to win, you gotta question the ticker.

tucker6
01-16-2016, 03:48 PM
This will be a dangerous game for Denver. I think they win, but the Steelers feel like they are playing with house money. The Steeler defense tends to play to the needs of the game. I expect a 17-14 type of game and wouldn't be completely stunned if the Steelers win it.

Valuist
01-16-2016, 03:58 PM
All logic points to Denver, but the one thing nobody talks about is heart. Denver doesn't really have much heart, they aren't the team you want in a dogfight. Denver will win if they open up a big lead, but if they're under pressure to win, you gotta question the ticker.

Teams with heart win close games. The Broncos won 4 games by 3 points or less, and 7 games by 6 points or less. Having said that, I wouldn't want to lay more than a TD with them, but not sure how you question their heart. Was it the game against the Steelers in December? Right after that, they rallied from a 2 TD deficit against Cincinnati.

burnsy
01-16-2016, 04:33 PM

I am, and believe me that synthetic crap is bad news but some how its legal when the real thing is way safer. Smoking that crap is like Russian Roulette because they spray it with chemicals. The "Leafy substance" that looks like pot doesn't get you high......its the crap they spray on it.

Playoff Record 2-2

Kansas City + 6

Don't know if they can win but I'll take the points.

Arizona - 7.5

Looking for a blood bath.

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2016, 04:53 PM
K.C. wins toss and defers on the road. Gives the defending champions the ball first and they march straight up the field 7-0. Crowd going wild and Chiefs at a deficit already.

Bye bye Kansas City.

====

Original post in thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128168&page=9&pp=15

Post #130

Why do they always prefer to defer???
Why is the predominant preference upon winning the coin toss to "defer"?

I have never understood this choice of not wanting the ball first.

Isn't that like always choosing to be "black" in a game of chess? White gets first move and wins most of the time by dictating play right from the start.

RXB
01-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Seriously? One drive into the game and you think it's already over?

RXB
01-16-2016, 05:29 PM
What a punk move by Amendola. He should be ejected.

tucker6
01-16-2016, 06:11 PM
What a punk move by Amendola. He should be ejected.
The nfl needs to get on top of this crap. Auto 2 game suspensions would stop dirty plays in their tracks.

Valuist
01-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Amendola is stupid. A WR dishing out a helmet to helmet hit. Does he think he's immune to being on the receiving end of one of those helmet to helmet hits?

tucker6
01-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Andy Reid hasn't changed one bit. He couldn't run a hurry up in Philly, and he can't run one now. Difference between a playoff team and a SB champion.

RXB
01-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Andy Reid hasn't changed one bit. He couldn't run a hurry up in Philly, and he can't run one now. Difference between a playoff team and a SB champion.

Can you imagine a Patriots team, in a big hurry, having two receivers stay in bounds when they could've went out of bounds unimpeded? And then the foolish decision to run on first down from the 1? That's why New England wins more than other teams.

Valuist
01-16-2016, 07:47 PM
If you gonna onsides kick, wouldn't Gronk be about the last guy you'd kick to?

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Maybe the Chiefs would have had the 2-4 minutes that NE had the ball on that first drive on the back end of the game had they not deferred at the start.

But the cold truth is they fell behind by 7, never tied the game, never led, and only scored 20 points on over 80 plays from scrimmage on offense.

With numbers and margins that narrow, THAT's why I think you want the ball to start the game, especially away from home.

tucker6
01-16-2016, 07:53 PM
As Andy Reid said 10,000 times while in Philly, "I need to do a better job there". That's one of the reasons he is not in Philly anymore. KC is just finding out that he will break their hearts. Marty Schottenheimer redux.

Rookies
01-16-2016, 08:45 PM
Can you imagine a Patriots team, in a big hurry, having two receivers stay in bounds when they could've went out of bounds unimpeded? And then the foolish decision to run on first down from the 1? That's why New England wins more than other teams.

It is so rare that the really stupid teams, their equally stupid HCs & QBs do something, astonishingly intelligent against the smart teams. FFS, could Reid & Smith have moved them any faster on that loser march? It was like they were blowing time off the clock by sundial!

And Wideouts that never, ever understand that gaining 2 yards is never a successful equation for 30 seconds off the clock.

Just another stupid team.

tucker6
01-16-2016, 08:49 PM
It is so rare that the really stupid teams, their equally stupid HCs & QBs do something, astonishingly intelligent against the smart teams. FFS, could Reid & Smith have moved them any faster on that loser march? It was like they were blowing time off the clock by sundial!

And Wideouts that never, ever understand that gaining 2 yards is never a successful equation for 30 seconds off the clock.

Just another stupid team.
Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb. They lost several championship games this way. Painful to watch a 30 second huddle with under 2 minutes and down by 14. Maybe Andy had NE and the points.

PhantomOnTour
01-16-2016, 09:06 PM
K.C. wins toss and defers on the road. Gives the defending champions the ball first and they march straight up the field 7-0. Crowd going wild and Chiefs at a deficit already.

Bye bye Kansas City.

====

Original post in thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128168&page=9&pp=15

Post #130

Why do they always prefer to defer???
Why is the predominant preference upon winning the coin toss to "defer"?

I have never understood this choice of not wanting the ball first.

Isn't that like always choosing to be "black" in a game of chess? White gets first move and wins most of the time by dictating play right from the start.
Deferring gives you the chance to play 'make it - take it' at the end of the 1st half and beginning of the 2nd half....you can get two possessions in a row without giving the other team the ball.

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Another stupid selfish play by an NFL player.

Peterson's pick-six wouldn't have counted as he taunted his opponent before entering the end zone.

As it turned out, his teammate's hands-to-the-face penalty would have negated the score had he not done it, but wow when will they ever learn?

Get in the endzone FIRST!

tucker6
01-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Another stupid selfish play by an NFL player.

Peterson's pick-six wouldn't have counted as he taunted his opponent before entering the end zone.

As it turned out, his teammate's hands-to-the-face penalty would have negated the score had he not done it, but wow when will they ever learn?

Get in the endzone FIRST!
We live in the ME generation. Team is for the other guy to practice.

Rookies
01-16-2016, 09:20 PM
Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb. They lost several championship games this way. Painful to watch a 30 second huddle with under 2 minutes and down by 14. Maybe Andy had NE and the points.

Indeed.

I get this if you've got rooks at both HC & QB. Well actually- I don't! Even if they are, they'd better be the 3rd. string ones, after the first two went down with injuries and illness- in the same game.

Let alone, seasoned lifers like Reid & Smith.

THIS IS THE MULTI BILLION DOLLAR NFL! With slightly more than a mere modicum of intelligence, a march like that should have beeen scripted & practiced, minimum- before the game has begun, if not at Training Camp. Instead, the two bozos were snoring through it at 5 yards per avg. attempt, fool receivers staying in bounds and just a complete lack of competence.

As opposed to, the quick to the line Brady, getting a 96% success rate on 3rd. & 4th. & 1. I have no doubt that play was designed about a decade ago.

tucker6
01-16-2016, 09:25 PM
I owe McNabb an apology. I always blamed him for these "two minute" drills. Apparently it was Andy Reid all along.

RXB
01-16-2016, 10:40 PM
Carson Palmer, ay-yi-yi.

Secondbest
01-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Carson Palmer, ay-yi-yi.
Gagging it up

RXB
01-16-2016, 10:59 PM
What a catch by Johnson.

Stillriledup
01-16-2016, 11:06 PM
Carson Palmer, ay-yi-yi.

Tom Brady > Carson Palmer :lol:

Stillriledup
01-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Incredible.

Throwing a pass in that situation, giving Rodgers 2 mins vs 1:20 and that's not even counting that Palmer has been very shaky throwing the ball.

I've seen it all.

Secondbest
01-16-2016, 11:29 PM
What a coitus play

MutuelClerk
01-16-2016, 11:30 PM
WOW!!!! It's not just the Lions. Oh wait. Caught up in the moment. What a play.

MutuelClerk
01-16-2016, 11:32 PM
If you ever wondered if it's really about the money. How did they go to a commercial there? UNREAL.

Stillriledup
01-16-2016, 11:33 PM
If you ever wondered if it's really about the money. How did they go to a commercial there? UNREAL.

Thank you.

Rookies
01-16-2016, 11:34 PM
WOW!!!! It's not just the Lions. Oh wait. Caught up in the moment. What a play.

TWO of the greatest throws/ catches of All Time- in the same Season!

And two other things.

1) Arians & Palmer FUBAR the clock worse than KC in the first game.
2) How do 2 D Backs FUBAR that end zone coverage up?

RXB
01-16-2016, 11:35 PM
And then Palmer makes a great play.

Secondbest
01-16-2016, 11:39 PM
WHAT A GAME!!

Tom
01-16-2016, 11:39 PM
What a game!
It was so good, I ran out of beer! :eek:

MutuelClerk
01-16-2016, 11:40 PM
Larry Fitzgerald. Great player. Greater person. I'm happy for him.

Stillriledup
01-16-2016, 11:42 PM
Larry Fitzgerald. Great player. Greater person. I'm happy for him.

No doubt. :ThmbUp:

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2016, 11:46 PM
Game was Packers season in a nutshell. After 6-0, smoke, mirrors, guts, and determination. Needed two hail marys to stay alive twice, but ultimately not enough.

All I know is that any other team that had that many players on both sides of the ball get hurt and no-name guys step in, they would have been dead in the water a long time ago.

I am a Bears fan, and "hate the Packers" (as I have to), but a HUGE tip of the hat to them for their 2015 season. Admirable performance in light of it all.

Valuist
01-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Another example why blitzing in today's NFL is bad strategy. The Packers went all out on a blitz early in OT and what should've been a 10 yard pass turned into a 60 yard gain. Back in the days before all the rules favoring the offense it made sense. Nowadays, if you have a defense like the 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens or 2013 Seahawks, you can do it. But otherwise, blitzing should only be done against rookie QBs, or inept veterans.

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 12:22 AM
Another example why blitzing in today's NFL is bad strategy. The Packers went all out on a blitz early in OT and what should've been a 10 yard pass turned into a 60 yard gain. Back in the days before all the rules favoring the offense it made sense. Nowadays, if you have a defense like the 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens or 2013 Seahawks, you can do it. But otherwise, blitzing should only be done against rookie QBs, or inept veterans.

I think the key to effective blitzing is to do it when it's not really expected. If you don't disguise it well, it's certainly questionable strategy. I agree with your sentiments.

Valuist
01-17-2016, 12:29 AM
I think the key to effective blitzing is to do it when it's not really expected. If you don't disguise it well, it's certainly questionable strategy. I agree with your sentiments.

And with Rob Ryan to join brother Rex's staff in Buffalo, look for the Bills to underperform. There's talent on that D, yet their year end numbers weren't even average.

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 12:31 AM
And with Rob Ryan to join brother Rex's staff in Buffalo, look for the Bills to underperform. There's talent on that D, yet their year end numbers weren't even average.

I can't argue.

PhantomOnTour
01-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Still cannot believe in Carson Palmer...he was tight, and got lucky that he didn't throw a few more picks. Had a lucky deflected TD pass also.
The Seahawks or Panthers will knock him down and force mistakes.

He's just like Jim Everett...a beautiful loser.

tucker6
01-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Well, that was a brutal 1st qtr for Seattle. Wow

gheuks
01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
jim Everett, or as jim rome called him 'Chris' Everett

Valuist
01-17-2016, 01:55 PM
I thought this Seattle team was a clear cut below the previous 3 seasons teams (yes, 2012 included) and that is apparent. Lynch looks like he's done. He was struggling before he got hurt, and the time off hasn't helped. Tough to be a 30 year old RB in the league.

tucker6
01-17-2016, 02:05 PM
This is an old fashioned ass whoppin.

ponyplayerdotca
01-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Defer the toss. Home team scores - boom 7-0.

Two plays into offense, pick six - boom 14-0.

Can't recover from any of that - boom 31-0.

But hey, at least Seattle gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

PhantomOnTour
01-17-2016, 02:24 PM

Do you think their decision to defer is the reason Carolina is routing them?
C'mon...they are getting run off the field and it's not because of a decision on a coin toss.

kingfin66
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
This is an old fashioned ass whoppin.

Maybe even worse than that if such a thing is possible. A total and complete collapse. As a devout Seahawk fan this is really hard to watch, but watch I will. Ughhh. Did not see this coming.

thaskalos
01-17-2016, 02:36 PM

You are right.

The coin toss decision was easily worth 31 points.

Grits
01-17-2016, 02:38 PM
The only two moving this half for Seattle have been Sherman and Lynch. It takes an army to bring Marshawn down, as always.

I don't ever get complacent at half time. 'Nuther whole half of a game to play.

#KEEP POUNDING ;)

ponyplayerdotca
01-17-2016, 02:57 PM
No, Seattle is getting whooped, coin toss deferral or not.

But you can control how many times you get the ball and if need be, come back from a deficit by taking it first.

Erin Andrews said that the Seahawks admitted they felt their offense "never had a chance to get going" in the first half.

Well, when you come on the field down 7-0 instead of 0-0 and then you screw up to go down 14, is it any wonder their offense had trouble getting going after that.

At least the Seahawks have started the 3rd quarter with that initial burst of life when facing elimination. But down 31 points isn't the time to THEN take the ball to start a half and score a TD.

God, you want the ball as many times as you can get your hands on it, so take it at the start of the game!

RXB
01-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Teams that take the ball first don't win any more often than teams that defer. If anything, I believe the overall numbers slightly favour deferral.

elysiantraveller
01-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Coin toss? :confused:

It's tightened up a bit but on every snap watch what's happening in the trenches... That's why the score is what it is.

Secondbest
01-17-2016, 03:19 PM
carolina starting to tighten up.

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Stupid time out there by Seattle

Secondbest
01-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Still away to go but that play by norman may have saved Them from a collapse

Valuist
01-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Reminiscent of the playoff game in Atlanta in January 2013, when Seattle dug themselves into a 20-0 hole, only to lose 30-28. Last year, they fell behind 16-0 vs GB before rallying late to win. Last week, they trailed 9-0 in 4th quarter. The team needs to stop doing a Silky Sullivan act. They are down a notch this year and can't get away with it.

Valuist
01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
At 39.5, I couldn't bet the total in Pitt/Denver. But at 41? I'm on the Under. 41 is a key number. Hard to imagine either QB throwing the ball down field very far.

Grits
01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Y.E.S.

CAROLINA, CAM & CO.

#KEEP POUNDING!!!! :) ;) :)

PhantomOnTour
01-17-2016, 04:23 PM
No weak heart or doubting Thomas will ever get to the promised land.
We retire Peyton Manning today.
Let's get it on!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 04:53 PM
No weak heart or doubting Thomas will ever get to the promised land.
We retire Peyton Manning today.
Let's get it on!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!

Rooting for the steelers is essentially rooting for New England to get to SB.

Valuist
01-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Two big dropped passes by the Steelers already. They really miss Antonio Brown.

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Two big dropped passes by the Steelers already. They really miss Antonio Brown.
Gotta play a perfect game to win on the road. Seems like they're just happy to be there?

Valuist
01-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Gotta play a perfect game to win on the road. Seems like they're just happy to be there?

Nance and Simms are acting like Ben and Peyton are 100%, and they clearly arent. All that passing on opening series was for show, IMO. I expect the ground games to take over the rest of the way. Ben looks more comfortable throwing than Manning.

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Nance and Simms are acting like Ben and Peyton are 100%, and they clearly arent. All that passing on opening series was for show, IMO. I expect the ground games to take over the rest of the way. Ben looks more comfortable throwing than Manning.
They gotta pull the plug on manning if he's not at a high level their backup is capable and they're going to win this game with their defense anyway, the gameplan for Denver has to be not to give up and free TDs on pick offs.

Rookies
01-17-2016, 05:22 PM

Simms embarrasses me as an NFL Announcer. He has become the #1 corporate shill and NFL knob gobbler. Wouldn't state his opinion of an eedgit in game decision, a blatant omission or commission by the blind refs or a contrary one to the latest NFL idiocy, if his life was on the line.

And, he omits deliberately an opinion on an obvious missed spot/call.

Simply, an odious lickshpittle. :ThmbDown:

Robert Fischer
01-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Steelers Broncos

game is ripe for some big plays to take the initiative

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Simms embarrasses me as an NFL Announcer. He has become the #1 corporate shill and NFL knob gobbler. Wouldn't state his opinion of an eedgit in game decision, a blatant omission or commission by the blind refs or a contrary one to the latest NFL idiocy, if his life was on the line.

Totally agree, he's an annoying shill, openly roots for New England even though he played his entire career in New England's most rivalrous city, give me Al and Cris over this guy any day of the week.

horses4courses
01-17-2016, 06:43 PM

To quote the great Mr. Loaf (Meat to his friends)
1 out of 3 really sucks.........

Rookies
01-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Totally agree, he's an annoying shill, openly roots for New England even though he played his entire career in New England's most rivalrous city, give me Al and Cris over this guy any day of the week.

Holy shit. He just had to think for 5 seconds, whether a pass 5 yards out of bounds was even catchable on that PI play!

What a buffoon!

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Refs working hard to get Pitt home here

Tom
01-17-2016, 07:49 PM
Singalong with Payton......

*Denver made it out alive!*

tucker6
01-17-2016, 08:15 PM
my depleted Steelers made it a game, but we had too few weapons on offense to get the job done. Defense played well. That said, Peyton is DONE. If he was even an average qb, the game would not have been decided so late. Next week will be a bloodbath in NE's favor, and I really hate to say that.

horses4courses
01-17-2016, 08:19 PM
my depleted Steelers made it a game, but we had too few weapons on offense to get the job done. Defense played well. That said, Peyton is DONE. If he was even an average qb, the game would not have been decided so late. Next week will be a bloodbath in NE's favor, and I really hate to say that.

I will put "the mush" on it for you.
Have to believe you are right about that. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 08:45 PM

I would be shocked if the Pats lost this game, Denver looks really shaky and soft, I guess any things possible but they're a small dog that feels like it has no chance.

Stillriledup
01-17-2016, 11:51 PM

The knob gobbler as you say will be the lead color guy for the Super Bowl. That means if New England is there it will be unlistenable. I don't remember an announcer in the SB openly rooting for a team, but you will have this here if the Pats make it.

Valuist
01-18-2016, 10:25 AM
KC +5 L
KC/NE Und 43 L
GB +7 W
Seattle +3 L
Pitt/Den Und 41 W

2-3 on week
51-38-1 YTD

Secondbest
01-18-2016, 11:10 AM
3-0-1 on wild card weekend.