PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Live!: Sunday, January 10

Teach
01-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Race One:

It looks like an “inside job”. Post positions: #s 2 through 4. I’m leaning toward #s 2 and 3. If I had to choose, my top pick is Manny Franco’s mount, :3: Boomerang Becky. This A.P. Indy-bred filly closed well in a race taken off the turf about a month-and-a-half ago. The filly’s breeding – A.P. Indy, Forest Wildcat -- indicates she should appreciate the sloppy track. I believe she moves up on a wet surface. Manny Franco’s most capable in the irons. The filly’s trainer, Jason Servis, remains winless at the Aqueduct meet; that concerns me. Yet, Servis does well with horses coming off a layoff. The filly’s Dam, Madison Dollie, had five winners from six starters. Others: :2: , :4: , :6:

Teach
01-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Race Two:

Many of the runners here are stepping up. Which filly/mare will get the job done? I’m giving my lukewarm, tepid nod to the :4: Run a Dubb Dubb. This 6 year-old Unbridled-bred mare is trained by the red-hot Rudy Rodriguez; the mare’s jockey is the equally razor-sharp Irad Ortiz, Jr. The mare’s pedigree says she should handle the sloppy conditions. I like the route-to-sprint turn back. Caveat emptor: This mare has burned a lot of "do-re-mi" as the failed favorite in her last two. Is her third try – as the saying goes – the charm? The blinkers are back on. That something that trainer Rodriguez does very well with. This mare should be sitting in an excellent stalking position as the field turns into the top of the stretch. All that would appear necessary is proper handling. Others: :1: . :2: , :5:

Teach
01-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Race Three:

In this Ladies HB Handicap route, I'm casting my lot for the :4: Mei Ling. This lightly-raced 5 year-old mare has a solid wet-track lineage; this daughter of Empire Maker has hit the tote in all three of her wet-track tries. You can add to the equation the services of jockey Jose Ortiz and trainer Todd Pletcher. This mare did well -- finishing second -- in the Grade III Go For Wand at Aqueduct in late November. She appears to be well slotted against this field. This mare has had a steady array of solid morning works; I believe that signals readiness. Others: :3: , :6: , :1:

Teach
01-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Race Four:

:1: My Friend Keith is my selection in this claiming n2L route. This Chris Englehart-trained gelded son of Rock Hard Ten has both the wet-track pedigree and back-class background to prevail here. This Kris S.-bred was second in this company at "The Big A" a few weeks ago. Any slight improvement... Jose Ortiz is in the irons. Oh, I should mention that trainer Englehart does very well in the second-race for a trainer category. Others: :3:, :5: , :6:

Teach
01-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Race Five:

:7: Coco Is Loco is my choice in this OC route. This Holy Bull-bred colt won on the turf in his only start, yet his breeding says that he should handle the slop, as well. He has the services of two of NYRA's best: jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. and trainer Rudy Rodriguez. Others: :1: / :1a: , :4: , :5:

Teach
01-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Late Pick-4:

Race Six: :10: , :2: , :5: , :3:

Race Seven: :12: , :5: , :9: . :8:

Race Eight: :6: , :10: , :1: , :9:

Race Nine: :7: , :12: , :4: , :9: