PDA

View Full Version : Daily work?

TravisVOX
06-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I always enjoy creating some interesting topics out of curiosity and wanting to learn from others...

This question came to mind when I was watching my local OTB. They have a show that airs during the late afternoon and the handicappers just provide selections and give prices. I know that most just simply use the PP's and don't do outside research, and that leads me to the question.

What work do you do to recap, sum-up, log etc. a race card?

I download the PDF charts for NYRA and update any and all result charts with key races for the New York tracks.

I also break down the fractions to acquire the inner-clockings to see who was involved with hot paces.

That's it. Sad, I know. I was making a list of more things I should do to increase my potential at the windows. What does everyone else do? Suggestions?

kenwoodallpromos
06-20-2004, 12:28 AM
I log slow fractions, slow stretch, and angling as biases.

sjk
06-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Download all charts; create variants, adjusted speed ratings, and data to make pace ratings.

Look at "what if" results by having the computer handicap all the days races to see how I would have done if I had played all overlays.

Valuist
06-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I buy the DRF weekly charts and use them for reference every time I handicap. I also like Brisnet's video replay library. I take trip notes for turf races in Chicago, NY and Kentucky.

TonyK@HSH
06-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Don't forget to spend time recording and analyzing your bets. This will be time well spent

Tony

fiveouttasix
06-22-2004, 07:37 PM
I log in all trainers that won at 3-1 or higher or placed at 10-1 or higher also noting any specific angles. This also helps to get a handle on who's hot.

bettheoverlay
06-22-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm like Maynard G. Krebs when it comes to "WORK!!!!!" Someday I'm going to write a book called "Happiness and Instinctive Handicapping - How to Pick Winners in 30 Seconds or Less." But that would be work.

The only extra-cirrcular activities I've enjoyed is watching replays of Turf races and noting any fast closing horses who have trouble in the stretch run. Not really work for me as I love watching horses run on the green. And horses, even older ones, tend to retain good form on the turf longer than the dirt. Always read the charts for these races as well.