PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the dumbest paragraph ever..

sq764
06-19-2004, 05:05 PM
From the ESPN article on Shaq being disgruntled with the Lakers.. Please explain to me what the freaking hell kind of metaphor he is going for here.. (Speaking of if he and Kobe were on different teams)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=1824721

"It wouldn't be a real rivalry," he said. "It'll be a media rivalry. Won't be a real rivalry. You have to do something and be something before you can become a rival. Like, Napoleon wouldn't have had a rival with a guy that had one sheep and one cow and no army. You know? I don't care how much they say, 'Hey, this guy with one sheep and one cow and his brother that's 50 years old, he's a cold cat. And he's gonna take out Napoleon and that whole army by himself.' So Kobe on the Clippers, that wouldn't be no rivalry. It'd just be, hey, he used to play here and now he's duh duh duh. It'll just be hype. Hype for a night."

cj
06-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Watching the US Open today, Johnny Miller had this gem as Phil Mickelson putted for par on an early hole:

"You want to make a birdie before you make your first bogey."

Really, Johnny? What would I do without this invaluable insight?

GameTheory
06-19-2004, 05:19 PM
What Shaq said makes perfect sense to me. I guess I've been watching too many of his interviews...

Dan Montilion
06-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Dumbest paragraph ever. Not even close... Losing trainers saying "he could not handle the cuppy track". Trainers never stop amazing me with their lines of excuses. First time I hear a winning trainer say "he loves a cuppy track" I'll eat my shorts.

Dan Montilion

sq764
06-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Well, considering there is supposed to be at least 8 high school players drafted in the first round of the NBA draft, I am certain we can look forward to idiotic, uneducated comments..

Maybe in a few years, they will start pulling them out of 6th grade..

Dan
06-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Talk about insanity, Nascar is already starting them young. Check this out. Mark Martin's son is only 12 years old:

http://www.mattmartin.net/index.htm

;)

chickenhead
06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
The Big Aristotle called Kobe a guy with one sheep one cow and no army. I think it's a very good analogy....

sq764
06-20-2004, 01:03 PM
You really need to get out of the house more..

superfecta
06-21-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by buddy_love
Talk about insanity, Nascar is already starting them young. Check this out. Mark Martin's son is only 12 years old:

http://www.mattmartin.net/index.htm

;) Life is scary enough raising your kid,what on earth would let a parent think racing is a good hobby for your son?I assume hes racing in a full sized truck.I thought a child under 16 operating a motor vehicle is against the law.:rolleyes:

GameTheory
06-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by superfecta
Life is scary enough raising your kid,what on earth would let a parent think racing is a good hobby for your son?I assume hes racing in a full sized truck.I thought a child under 16 operating a motor vehicle is against the law.:rolleyes: Only on a public road. Certainly there are young teenagers that can operate farm equipment and drive vehicles around the family ranch, etc.

superfecta
06-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Only on a public road. Certainly there are young teenagers that can operate farm equipment and drive vehicles around the family ranch, etc. yea, but at high rates of speed?:D