PDA

View Full Version : North Korea

upthecreek
01-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Has detonated a bomb:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/world/asia/north-korea-hydrogen-bomb-test.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share&referer=https://t.co/xUHjRA4qnq

Tom
01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Obama's plan to react to this:

1. Insult Israel
2. Lecture us on not lumping all midget, murdering North Koreans together
3. Call for tighter gun control laws
4. Blame Bush
5. Sign an agreement that paves the way for N Korean to have nukes in 10 years or less
6. Give them a few billion dollars for all the bad things we have said about them in the past
7. Bow.

That about cover it?

Marshall Bennett
01-06-2016, 12:02 PM
They're bluffing and full of shit as always. Why would they announce anything at all? Just keep it to themselves and if they choose, then use it?
Kim is sick of seeing ISIS getting all the attention and N.Korea on the sidelines.

davew
01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
It was a earthquake caused by global warming - last year was the highest recorded temperature EVER.... he need to expect more of these events.

Tom
01-06-2016, 12:12 PM
His inflated ego needs to make up for his un-bee-lee-vably small manhood.

(Google your name, you little puke....see if you get this! :lol:
What's it again, Kim Dung Pile?)

NorCalGreg
01-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Obama's plan to react to this:

1. Insult Israel
2. Lecture us on not lumping all midget, murdering North Koreans together
3. Call for tighter gun control laws
4. Blame Bush
5. Sign an agreement that paves the way for N Korean to have nukes in 10 years or less
6. Give them a few billion dollars for all the bad things we have said about them in the past
7. Bow.

That about cover it?

That does, indeed :lol:

Nutz and Boltz
01-06-2016, 07:08 PM
If Trump were prez, he'd sue them for breach of contract.

_______
01-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Estimated yield on the North Korean weapon tested was 8-14 kilotons based on seismic data.

The first hydrogen bomb test by the U.S. in 1954 was around 10.4 megatons (10,400 kilotons).

The regimes boasting has a lot to do with their internal politics. The son needs the show he is even better than his father. This test is the 4th in a series since North Korea left the nuclear non-proliferation protocol.

I'd be more concerned about their progress on miniaturization to fit a warhead on a missile and general missile technology. That poses a larger existential threat to the U.S. than transparently false boasts.

Marshall Bennett
01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
I heard this morning that the seismic was 1/10th of what a hydrogen bomb should be.

thaskalos
01-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Estimated yield on the North Korean weapon tested was 8-14 kilotons based on seismic data.

The first hydrogen bomb test by the U.S. in 1954 was around 10.4 megatons (10,400 kilotons).

Yes...but we are the U.S., and they are just North Korea.

Saratoga_Mike
01-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Yes...but we are the U.S., and they are just North Korea.

I know you're coming from, but the North Korean leadership starves its people, among other things. I see no moral equivalency.

I do understand their desire to procure additional nuclear weapons. I just hope it doesn't happen.

thaskalos
01-07-2016, 12:43 PM
I know you're coming from, but the North Korean leadership starves its people, among other things. I see no moral equivalency.

I do understand their desire to procure additional nuclear weapons. I just hope it doesn't happen.
Where did I say anything about "moral equivalency"? I was just saying that, if WE can test a 10.4 megaton bomb...then we shouldn't be complaining if some other country tests a bomb that's one/thousandth the size.

Saratoga_Mike
01-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Where did I say anything about "moral equivalency"? I was just saying that, if WE can test a 10.4 megaton bomb...then we shouldn't be complaining if some other country tests a bomb that's one/thousandth the size.

I thought you were implying a parallel. Apologies.

Tom
01-07-2016, 01:15 PM
If the little POS wants a nuke, I say we send him one.
Sooner the better.

Some people just need killing.

OntheRail
01-07-2016, 01:30 PM
I heard this morning that the seismic was 1/10th of what a hydrogen bomb should be.

Maybe it was his Kimchi pot that went poof... :lol:

All joking aside... the little cock-a-roach needs chucked out. I say we carpet bomb NK with IPads, Pizzas and Pitchforks.

Fager Fan
01-07-2016, 02:54 PM

That's like saying if a special forces guy can practice with his gun, we shouldn't care if a known lunatic who has threatened to kill his wife is practicing with his new gun.

thaskalos
01-07-2016, 04:14 PM
That's like saying if a special forces guy can practice with his gun, we shouldn't care if a known lunatic who has threatened to kill his wife is practicing with his new gun.
Every country was the right to protect itself.

woodtoo
01-07-2016, 04:50 PM
It sounds like their trying to blow themselves up, from the inside out.
Maybe they'll cause a tsunami on themselves. :lol:

Tom
01-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Who is trying to do any harm to the most pathetic S Hole of a country on Earth?
Allowing a mentally deficient POS like Dung Pile to have a nuke is stupid enough to fully justify obliterating him from the face of the Earth. Killing him would be considered defending the N Korean people by any sane person. Allowing him to live is the only danger N Korea faces.

horses4courses
01-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Who is trying to do any harm to the most pathetic S Hole of a country on Earth?
Allowing a mentally deficient POS like Dung Pile to have a nuke is stupid enough to fully justify obliterating him from the face of the Earth. Killing him would be considered defending the N Korean people by any sane person. Allowing him to live is the only danger N Korea faces.

When the next conservative president makes it into the WH,
he/she should strongly consider the chimp for Sec.of State :rolleyes:

Tom
01-07-2016, 08:53 PM
So horsey, you support the little pile of dung and the way he treats the N Korean people?

horses4courses
01-07-2016, 09:07 PM
So horsey, you support the little pile of dung and the way he treats the N Korean people?

Not in the least......he's a complete tyrant.

Fager Fan
01-07-2016, 09:48 PM

Not really. When the person in charge of that weapon can't be trusted to only use it for self defense, then he can't be allowed to have it.

He made his bed.

Rookies
01-07-2016, 09:50 PM
His inflated ego needs to make up for his un-bee-lee-vably small manhood.

(Google your name, you little puke....see if you get this! :lol:
What's it again, Kim Dung Pile?)

Nah, he's the little dude on Broke Girls! ;)

ebcorde
01-08-2016, 08:20 AM
is South Korean. They say "drop it and get it over with, we're sick of hearing about it"