PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Thursday, January 7, 2016

Teach
01-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Race One:

:7: VOIDED CONTRACT. Best by default in what I see as a non-descript bunch of 3 year-old 40k maiden-claiming fillies. Two starts. This Unbridled’s Song-bred filly did better in her first pari-mutuel start at Belmont on a muddy track (she’s bred to handle wet surfaces). Subsequently, she became a “money-burner” when she disappointed as the 9-to-5 “chalk” against better. The filly contested early in that one, but then folded like the proverbial “cheap suit”. The filly has an excellent trainer in Todd Pletcher and a solid reinsman in the irons in Manny Franco. That combination should be sufficient for this filly to earn her diploma. A string of solid works appear to signal readiness. Others: :2: , :6: , :5:

:6: SUMMIT MOON is a 5 year-old A.P. Indy-bred ridgling who hasn’t won since winning two straight against better at Belmont in the late spring. This ridgling appears to have his best chance of winning out his lifetime conditions about three weeks ago but weakened on the inner and finished fifth. I’m willing to give this Malibu Moon-bred another chance. As they say when you’re doing the limbo: “How low can you go?” The apprentice reinsman, Harry Hernandez, is in the irons for trainer John Kimmel. Trainer Kimmel does reasonably well with claiming races. Others: :5: , :4: , :7:

Race Three:

In this six-panels OC sprint for New York state-breds, I’m going with :5: TAKE ISSUE. This Sir Whimsey-bred filly got caught in a blind switch and was bumped in her last. This filly’s last win came toward the end of last spring’s Aqueduct meet in the 100k NY Stallion Sires. The filly certainly fits in this company; she was only a length and a half off the winner in similar company about three weeks ago. Any slight improvement… Irad Ortiz, Jr. for trainer Steve Asmussen. Others: :2: , :1: , :3:

Race Four:

:4: SHEYN VI DI LEVONE (“As Beautiful As the Moon”). This Arch-bred filly put in a solid closing run in her last despite bobbling at the start against similar. Now, in her second start in for a tag, she has a solid chance of breaking her maiden and getting her picture taken with the mishpocheh. Jockey Chris DeCarlo reprises the ride for trainer Mike Dilger. Dilger does very well with both maiden-claiming and dirt starts. Others: :3: , :8: , :7:

Race Five:

:2: JUST GOT OUT has faced better in the recent past with little success. This Ontario-bred now is back in with the kind this 5 year-old mare should handle. Three races back this mare won against slightly better company. The most capable Jeremiah Englehart has “gotten off the schneid” and looks to be on the upswing. Jose Ortiz reprises the ride. Others: :6: , :8: , :1:

Race Six:

:1: EXEXEX is my pick in this 8-panel claiming route, n3L. This Read The Footnotes-bred colt gained the lead midway through his last race against similar company only to falter in the stretch. This race marks his 3rd start off a layoff. Trainer Gary Contessa has made a significant rider switch to Irad Ortiz, Jr. Look for this colt to be in contention early. Any moisture from possible thawing would be appreciated. This colt signaled readiness with a solid three-panel “bullet” work. Others: :2: , :5: , :4:

Race Seven:

:7: LEGEND KEEPER was ambitiously entered in Belmont’s Grade II Futurity back in mid-October. This Brother Derek-bred was in contention early as a vied for the lead; however, in the end, the competition was just too formidable. This chestnut colt finished six and last in that one. Now, however, this 3 year-old is in with the kind he handle, or maybe better said, should handle. He’s going to have to sustain his speed and endurance for the full six panels. Trainer David Jacobson does well with 1st time claiming races. Cornelio Velasquez reprises the ride. Others: :8: , :1: , :4:

Race Eight:

In this allowance route, I like :6: HIGH RIDGE ROAD. This is a highly-priced, lightly-raced 4 year-old filly out of the Chad Brown barn. This filly has been a consistent sort having hit the board in three out of her four races (in her other start she finished fourth). This Elusive Quality-bred filly should be in a good stalking position to mount a late – and I believe – winning stretch drive. Irad Ortiz, Jr. reprises the ride. Others: :5: , :7: , :8:

Race Nine:

In the finale, a large-field 6-furlongs maiden claimer, I’m putting an AE on top (it all depends if chestnut mare draws in) :14: RAHY’S BANDIT. This lightly-raced mare ran a solid race in her last; she finished second against similar company at 25-1. Any slight improvement… Jackie Davis reprises the ride for trainer Jim Iselin. Others: :4: , :7: , :5:

Teach
01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi everybody. Good Luck today at "The Big A".
As I see the horses warming up on the track, I like the four horses that I cited as my picks. Although I believe :7: is a logical fave, I just can't bet this filly at 2/5. Let's see what "THe Mig" has to say.

Teach
01-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Folks,

I think the rail may be the place to be.

Your Obedient Servant,

Teach