PDA

View Full Version : quick ? re: Australian racing

elhelmete
01-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Anyone know why Australian races take so long to go official?

Seabiscuit@AR
01-04-2016, 09:40 PM
The jockeys have to go back to scale and weigh in to ensure all the top finishers carried correct weight. Every once in a while a horse is disqualified for not carrying correct weight (ie it was allocated 56kg but carried less than 56kg)

chenoa
01-04-2016, 10:38 PM

You should see how long when an inquiry.

Enough time to go pick up a pizza. :lol:

theiman
01-05-2016, 12:10 AM
I was at an Australian racetrack during an inquiry. They actually had it on the TV monitors with the 3 stewards in a room speaking to both jocks involved. It did delay the making the race official, but was interesting to see how its done.
However, they post the next race time and didnt delay that post, even though the prior race wasnt official.

Hoofless_Wonder
01-05-2016, 12:49 AM

If you're referring to an Australian race carried by the North American ADWs (Twinspires, Xpressbet, TVG, etc), I also believe there's a delay in posting prices due to it being a North American only pool. The wagers are not tied directly into the Aussie tote system. Years ago the delay was even longer, as if there was a manual entry of the results being done. It seems a bit quicker these days, and rarely is longer than 15-20 mins.

However, what I can't explain is why the Hong Kong races, which are commingled into the HKJC pools take so long to go official as well. Not as long as Aussie races, but the winnings are not posted until 5 or 10 mins after the prices are shown on track.....

Seabiscuit@AR
01-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Tigidig Tigidig just DQed as the winner in R6 at Sandown. Jockey Jye McNeil weighed in -0.60kg light. They allow you to weigh in up to -0.50kg light