PDA

View Full Version : First Time Front Bandages

classhandicapper
01-04-2016, 09:06 AM
I know some guys always use fronts and some guys rarely do. I was wondering if anyone has actually looked at the data to see if there is a meaningful difference when bandages are coming off or going on for trainers that don't use them all the time.

betovernetcapper
01-04-2016, 10:10 PM
HDW prints a trainer sheet for each race and gives relevant stats for each horse/trainer/jockey. One of the stats is IFWo on #of starts-# of wins-ROI.
This is only for the last year.

For a few guys this may be meaningful and for some it's just noise. Playing exclusively online, I usually don't get a clear view of their wraps, so I don't use this data, but it's out there.

classhandicapper
01-05-2016, 08:57 AM
For a few guys this may be meaningful and for some it's just noise. Playing exclusively online, I usually don't get a clear view of their wraps, so I don't use this data, but it's out there.

I was discussing this issue with someone yesterday and he thinks it's all noise. My best guess was that some trainers run all their horses with fronts. So that can't mean much. But it could mean something for certain trainers. I've just never seen any data that verified it. I think Thorograph also has that info in its sheets.

Baron Star Gregg
01-05-2016, 02:55 PM
There are number of reasons for front wraps. Some of those are valid, some are not. Front wraps on for the first time is a question that has to be addressed although the answer will almost always be an educated guess.