PDA

View Full Version : GMail Users?

Flysofree
01-03-2016, 06:50 PM
I have set up a gmail email account, but I can't figure out how to add someone's email address without doing an entire switch from Cox, which I don't want to do.. I just want to add one by one (others email addresses..have searched all over and can't seem to locate a button to do it).
Thanks for your help..

forced89
01-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Try this:

Click on the word "Gmail" on the upper left side above the word "Contacts"

Then click on "Contacts"

Look on your screen at the lower right. There is a red circle with a head and a + in it. Click on it and you should be able to add new contacts.

Flysofree
01-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks, I will look for the word "Gmail" . I have never seen just "contacts". Will try tomorrow..

Dave Schwartz
01-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Perhaps there is a CSV export from Cox and a CSV import into GMail?

Cox export (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cox.net%20export%20contacts)

GMail Import (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=gmail+import+contacts)

whodoyoulike
01-03-2016, 08:37 PM
The nice thing about Gmail or Google in general is you can use their Help screens. In Gmail, it should be under your name (I think since I haven't used it in a while) and for Google go to the "box" in the upper right corner.

Btw, you can have several Gmail accounts (uncertain if they have a limit) and just remember the account names and passwords.

Flysofree
01-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Well, I have found that typing in someone's email address seems to save it to contacts, which is good.But I didn't want to switch all my contacts from Cox.
Thanks..Now I have one other question about Gmail....I'll put it in a different thread.

Flysofree
01-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Gmail is (to me ) seems much more complicated to use than Yahoo. I can't find how to create a folder called "Saved" like I have on Yahoo.
The good thing about Gmail...is zero spam yet. My spam folder at Yahoo gets 100-200 per day. But Yahoo is no doubt more user friendly than Gmail.

whodoyoulike
01-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Gmail is (to me ) seems much more complicated to use than Yahoo. I can't find how to create a folder called "Saved" like I have on Yahoo.
The good thing about Gmail...is zero spam yet. My spam folder at Yahoo gets 100-200 per day. But Yahoo is no doubt more user friendly than Gmail.

You can create a new folder using the MOVE TO while you're in the email which you're reading. After you create the folder name it will be automatically saved.

And, don't worry you'll get more than enough SPAM if you happen to click on the wrong email link. Mine automatically goes to a SPAM folder then just delete all forever but it doesn't stop them.

Flysofree
01-13-2016, 08:18 AM
You can create a new folder using the MOVE TO while you're in the email which you're reading. After you create the folder name it will be automatically saved.

And, don't worry you'll get more than enough SPAM if you happen to click on the wrong email link. Mine automatically goes to a SPAM folder then just delete all forever but it doesn't stop them.

That did it.Thanks :ThmbUp: