PDA

View Full Version : Carson on AntennaTV

Tall One
01-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Heads up for all that have this channel on cable, or OTA antennas; starting tonight, full episodes of the Tonight Show are airing at 11:00pm. Eddie Murphy and McLean Stevenson are the guests tonight from 1/1/82. :ThmbUp:

Tom
01-02-2016, 09:02 AM
What channel?

AndyC
01-02-2016, 10:25 AM
What channel?

See http://antennatv.tv/

Secondbest
01-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Great new. Thanks. Been a Carson fan since I first saw him on Who do you trust.

Inner Dirt
01-02-2016, 12:11 PM
He is basically the last late night talk show I watched, never liked Letterman, Leno or any of the others. I will watch and am curious to see if I still find him funny. Used to watch Benny Hill in college (35 years ago) and thought he was hilarious, any time I watched him as an older adult I am mystified at what I thought was so amusing.

Tall One
01-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Honestly, some of the best news i'd heard in awhile, Secondbest. This channel, as well as MeTv, are two of the best out there for programming.

Should've linked it last night. Thanks, Andy.

ID--in my opinion it held up very well. :ThmbUp:

Tom
01-02-2016, 02:33 PM
MeTV is one of my favorites. :ThmbUp:

sandpit
01-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Last night's lineup: Bob Hope, Don Rickles, Michael Landon, 19yo Freddie Prinze and a Carol Wayne cameo...just great stuff. Plus a Karnac skit w/Ed.

I was never a big follower of Landon, but he was really witty; Little House on the Prairie had only been a movie at the time.

My teenage son absolutely loves Rickles, so there is some hope out there :)

Tom
01-04-2016, 12:24 PM
One of my all time favorites what the time Ed Ames was throwing the tomahawks. :eek:

Then, Jay Silverheels (Tonto) told Johnny he was going on vacation.
"Where" Johnny asked
"Toronto."
"When?"
"Pronto.":lol:

Nutz and Boltz
01-04-2016, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]One of my all time favorites what the time Ed Ames was throwing the tomahawks. :eek:

I liked Carson's line ..." Welcome to frontier bris" :lol:

Tall One
01-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Good one from '74 tonight:

Kreskin
David Brenner
Sarah Miles half baked, but lookin good
Joan Embry and friends

Replay later

cj's dad
01-25-2016, 01:52 AM
Is Bounce TV nationwide? I have it here but have no idea as to its' reach.

Red Knave
01-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Is Bounce TV nationwide? I have it here but have no idea as to its' reach.
I get it at home from Buffalo. Looks like they have a decent reach if you live near a big market.
http://www.bouncetv.com/find-us/

cj's dad
01-25-2016, 12:21 PM
Like the BET network it is racially motivated. The slogan for Bounce is "TV our way". All shows are black by nature.

Red Knave
01-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Like the BET network
They have the odd decent movie which I watch during the summer when all the reruns are on.

Tall One
01-25-2016, 05:56 PM
Like the BET network it is racially motivated. The slogan for Bounce is "TV our way". All shows are black by nature.

Nice.. :D

I did read that MeTV will be adding The Incredible Hulk to the Saturday night line-up, and ol' Barnaby Jones is on their horizon too. AntennaTV might start showing classic cartoons--Looney Tunes, Johnny Quest, etc--on Saturday mornings.

I swear, I watch maybe a handful of shows on mainstream, the rest are on these two channels.

dartman51
01-25-2016, 09:40 PM
He is basically the last late night talk show I watched, never liked Letterman, Leno or any of the others. I will watch and am curious to see if I still find him funny. Used to watch Benny Hill in college (35 years ago) and thought he was hilarious, any time I watched him as an older adult I am mystified at what I thought was so amusing.

I'm sure it had nothing to do all the scantily clad females. :D. Benny Hill, that is.

Tall One
06-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Tonight's episode has Ali as a guest.

10 eastern.

JimG
06-04-2016, 04:48 PM
The only thing I dislike more than Microsoft are cable companies. I got rid of cable tv about 4 years ago. MeTV and AntennaTV have helped make the transition much easier.

Jim

Inner Dirt
06-05-2016, 07:53 AM
The only thing I dislike more than Microsoft are cable companies. I got rid of cable tv about 4 years ago. MeTV and AntennaTV have helped make the transition much easier.

Jim

Those two and Grit are pretty much all I watch. Old Western movies, Laramie and Walker Texas Ranger. I am getting to where I have seen most of them. I never watched either when they were first run, too young for Laramie 1959-63 as I was born in 1961.

Inner Dirt
06-05-2016, 08:00 AM

I'm sure it had nothing to do all the scantily clad females. :D. Benny Hill, that is.

The only thing more risque that Benny Hill those days was any TV show from Mexico. I could not believe all the cleavage even on children's shows. The Mexican version of Sesame Street had women in bikinis on it.