PDA

View Full Version : bris files

green80
12-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Is there a way to convert a single bris data file to a multi? Or a multi to a single? I have different software programs and one uses the single files and the other the multi files and want to avoid buying 2 files for the same track for the same day.

UltimateBetter
12-29-2015, 10:53 AM
I will in house you or email you to.

headhawg
12-29-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't know of single-to-multi, but you could try this for multi-to-single. Not sure if it works as it's pretty old and I don't think Nathan writes code anymore: http://www.thorotech.com/freestuff/multi2single.html

Speed Figure
12-29-2015, 11:27 AM
What is the difference between the two files?

Pick 'em Charlie
12-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Is there a way to convert a single bris data file to a multi? Or a multi to a single? I have different software programs and one uses the single files and the other the multi files and want to avoid buying 2 files for the same track for the same day.

The Multi to single is easy. Just change the suffix from .MCP to .DRF.

green80
12-29-2015, 12:06 PM
The Multi to single is easy. Just change the suffix from .MCP to .DRF.

?????????????

The bris multi data files create 4 files ending with .drf, dr2, dr3 and dr4. The single data files create 1 file ending with .drf but it is a different .drf file than the one created by the multi data file. I see nothing with .mcp.

cj
12-29-2015, 12:20 PM
?????????????

The bris multi data files create 4 files ending with .drf, dr2, dr3 and dr4. The single data files create 1 file ending with .drf but it is a different .drf file than the one created by the multi data file. I see nothing with .mcp.

I think he is confusing the multi file with the file which is a single file and used for one of the free software programs from BRIS, Multicaps.

upthecreek
12-29-2015, 12:29 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=drfmff

I know of at least 2 software programs that use it

green80
12-29-2015, 02:21 PM
I think he is confusing the multi file with the file which is a single file and used for one of the free software programs from BRIS, Multicaps.

You are right, MCP is a multicap file

Pick 'em Charlie
12-29-2015, 03:17 PM
?????????????

Okay, I was talking about changing a MCP file into a DRF. The multi drf should add up to a single DRF.

green80
12-29-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't know of single-to-multi, but you could try this for multi-to-single. Not sure if it works as it's pretty old and I don't think Nathan writes code anymore: http://www.thorotech.com/freestuff/multi2single.html

Thanks Headhawg, that worked.

NorCalGreg
12-29-2015, 03:31 PM

This probably won't help you greenie, but having signed up for unlimited data...it's either one--single or multi--or both--download to your hearts content.

I had nothing but problems with the program I had, that ran multis, though (printing, formatting, etc) --so buyer beware.

green80
12-29-2015, 04:13 PM
This probably won't help you greenie, but having signed up for unlimited data...it's either one--single or multi--or both--download to your hearts content.

I had nothing but problems with the program I had, that ran multis, though (printing, formatting, etc) --so buyer beware.

Had to be the program, use the multi's everyday with no problem.

NorCalGreg
12-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Had to be the program, use the multi's everyday with no problem.

Yeah...just discussed this very subject--it was the program, not the files themselves.

UltimateBetter
12-29-2015, 06:30 PM
I think what he means is getting a single file which he uses for one program and changing the single file in too a multi file...