Results

R# 6 = 6-1-2-4 - – EX & TRI Bx :ThmbUp:

$2.00 EXACTA – 6-2 - $45.40
$2.00 TRIFECTA – 6-2-7 - $158.40

SkunkApe
12-27-2015, 06:21 PM
R# 6 – 2-1 W/ 7-6-8

I don't get it.

Are you boxing all five if these horses with $2 exactas, tris, and supers, plus playing $2 across the board on all five of them?

iceknight
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't get it.

Are you boxing all five if these horses with $2 exactas, tris, and supers, plus playing $2 across the board on all five of them? Well if you are getting $45 on a $40 bet or 158 on a 120 bet, and $ 11 on 10 bet on winners.. it is still a win.. but I didnt get the logic of the posts either

Nitro
12-27-2015, 06:33 PM
R# 7 – 3-1 W/ 7-8-4

SkunkApe
12-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Well if you are getting $45 on a $40 bet or 158 on a 120 bet, and $ 11 on 10 bet on winners.. it is still a win.. but I didnt get the logic of the posts either

Sort of. But playing five horse the way I suggested costs $430 per race.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like credit is being claimed if any horse listed comes in in any possible win/place/show/exacta/trifecta/superfecta with the other horses listed.

If this is so, why even list two horse over three horse? Just list all four or five and say "bet them every way from Sunday"?

Nitro
12-27-2015, 06:40 PM
I don't get it.

Are you boxing all five if these horses with $2 exactas, tris, and supers, plus playing $2 across the board on all five of them?

That’s unfortunate! But if you don’t know how to Key 2 entries when playing Exotics then I would recommend reading some good material on exotic betting because I’m not going to explain it in the middle of my playing this card. Besides why are you worried about what I’m doing. I’m only here providing my best selections. The results I post are what they produce. Apparently you have a problem with that!

Nitro
12-27-2015, 06:45 PM
R# 7 – 3-1 W/ 7-8-4

Results

R# 7 = 5-9-10-8 - Nothing in that one – No clues on the top 2 LSs

SkunkApe
12-27-2015, 06:49 PM
That’s unfortunate! But if you don’t know how to Key 2 entries when playing Exotics then I would recommend reading some good material on exotic betting because I’m not going to explain it in the middle of my playing this card. Besides why are you worried about what I’m doing. I’m only here providing my best selections. The results I post are what they produce. Apparently you have a problem with that!

Thanks for your selections.

I ask, because at first glance, it appears you're having remarkable success. (I would also like to have remarkable success at the track.)

But at second glance, I couldn't figure out how to actually achieve the results posted without a quite large investment. Enough, I think, to offset any profits. So I asked.

Since this is a public discussion forum, I thought I was within the bounds of etiquette to ask questions or initiate a discussion of others' posts. I'm sorry if I misunderstood: I'll read your posts without comment going forward.

Good luck.

iceknight
12-27-2015, 06:49 PM
That’s unfortunate! But if you don’t know how to Key 2 entries when playing Exotics then I would recommend reading some good material on exotic betting because I’m not going to explain it in the middle of my playing this card. Besides why are you worried about what I’m doing. I’m only here providing my best selections. The results I post are what they produce. Apparently you have a problem with that! Instead of recommending books to others, may be pick up a book on how to communicate in writing as,

1-2w/ 6-7 never means 1-2-6-7 box.

Some of your picks are quite good in medium/large fields so I dont want to sound negative. :ThmbUp:

Nitro
12-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Instead of recommending books to others, may be pick up a book on how to communicate in writing as,

1-2w/ 6-7 never means 1-2-6-7 box.

Some of your picks are quite good in medium/large fields so I dont want to sound negative. :ThmbUp:
Apparently you don't get it either! I've explained my posting format many times in the past. I'm not going to explain it again. Sorry.

iceknight
12-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Apparently you don't get it either! I've explained my posting format many times in the past. I'm not going to explain it again. Sorry.enif s'taht.

Nitro
12-27-2015, 07:04 PM
R# 8 – 7-12 W/ 3-4-8

Nitro
12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
R# 8 – 7-12 W/ 3-4-8

Results

R# 8 = 11-7-12-4 - Nothing in that one – No clues on the LS Winner

Nitro
12-27-2015, 07:32 PM
R# 9 – 7-10 W/ 5-12-1

Nitro
12-27-2015, 07:50 PM
R# 9 – 7-10 W/ 5-12-1
Results

R# 9 = 10-7-1-5-3 - WIN – EX – TRI - SUPER :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

$2.00 WIN – 10 - $7.20
$2.00 EXACTA – 10-7 - $24.40
$2.00 TRIFECTA – 10-7-1 - $91.80
$2.00 SUPER – 10-7-1-5 - $271.00

ultracapper
12-27-2015, 10:37 PM
I've watched along at times and thought you were using your keys in the win and place slots in the exotics, but that wouldn't explain the 1st race today. Would have had to key them in the first 3 spots.

Nitro
12-27-2015, 11:25 PM
I've watched along at times and thought you were using your keys in the win and place slots in the exotics, but that wouldn't explain the 1st race today. Would have had to key them in the first 3 spots.
I’m not sure what you’re watching or think you’re watching, because as I’ve explained so many times before, I simply post my best selections. If my Keys don’t show up then the results I post acknowledge that. I certainly don’t tell anyone how to bet or what to bet. My selections will sometimes offer some real value, but if someone viewing and following along doesn’t recognize that, well what can I say. Maybe they shouldn’t be playing. As far as the 1st race goes, it doesn’t take much imagination or capital to box 4 entries in Triple or Super play especially when there’s anticipated value!

ReplayRandall
12-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Nitro, do me a favor and just explain your bet set-up, one last time, so I can understand it, since I'm a bit dense.... :cool:

NorCalGreg
12-28-2015, 02:35 AM
Nitro, do me a favor and just explain your bet set-up, one last time, so I can understand it, since I'm a bit dense.... :cool:

LOL.....you all are getting drawn in to fantasyland. It was finally explained that--what plays are posted--are NOT the plays he wagers.

-And if I didn't know how to parlay a double key/ over a triple whammy/ trifecta-squared...it was suggested I go read a book.

Unicorn
12-28-2015, 02:39 AM
I don't get it.

I've been wondering the same thing. How are you playing the numbers?

Unicorn
12-28-2015, 02:46 AM
Disregard my post. I only read page 1.

maskedmagician
12-28-2015, 11:03 AM
could this be the "rhythm method " that Teach mentioned :D

joking fellas........happy and safe holidays to all

:ThmbUp:

Nitro
12-28-2015, 02:11 PM
It’s always been my understanding that this forum is dedicated to providing helpful information in the form of pre-race selections. Apparently that’s being misconstrued by some to also mean telling others what to bet, how to bet, or even how much to bet. Perhaps they’re also interested in what I’m betting, but as far as I’m concerned that’s my personal business. Because the only source of my pre-race selections are based on the tote board activities, the best I can offer are posting selections between 3 and 5 minutes to post. Between making my personal on-line bets and posting here, there’s just not enough time to provide any additional pre-race commentary.

That being said and for those of you who are still puzzled by my posting selection format I will offer a very simple explanation. I will always post 2 Key selections along with 2, 3, or even 4 other selections depending on how many entries are in the race. (2 w/7 entries or less, 3 w/8 to 11 entries, and 4 w/12 or more entries).

The 2 Keys are literally just that. Based on the analysis I use they are my primary contenders and have the best chance of either winning or at least showing up in the money somewhere. I use them in a number of ways depending on their value. I will sometimes just Dutch win bet them, but more often than not I will “key” them in an exotic bet if I believe the combinations offer a valued return. Sometimes (believe it or not) I will also pass the race entirely because the value just isn’t there.

The results I post for each race provide an awareness of what the posted selections offered in terms of the type of bets that could have been made. These results aren’t meant to imply that I’ve made every bet possible. I sure hope it isn’t necessary to explain how to use a Key choice in combination with other entries and structure an Exacta, Quinella, Triple or Super bet. If so, then I would suggest reading some literature on the subject of Exotic wagering. Again I want to emphasize that posting selections is only half the game. Betting those selections as far as I’m concerned is a personal judgment call for to those who wish to get involved. I don’t believe it’s my place (or anyone else’s for that matter) to tell someone else what to bet, how to bet, or how much to bet.

I think it’s unfortunate that so many players get caught up in just looking for winners, when in fact this game is really all about making winning plays. On face value, if someone was inclined to simply just play 10 cent boxed Supers on all 9 races using the selections I posted the cost would have amounted to $98.40. The return would have been approx. $142.00 (or nearly a 44% profit). This isn’t the first time I’ve felt compelled to point things like this out.

Funny thing is I don’t see others who post selections being scrutinized and many of whom don’t even bother to post their results. I guess it’s just coming from those inquisitive minds who have nothing better to do then attempt to downplay some else’s good fortune. I sure hope they’re doing better than what I’ve seen from their posted selections!

ultracapper
12-28-2015, 05:59 PM
I’m not sure what you’re watching or think you’re watching, because as I’ve explained so many times before, I simply post my best selections. If my Keys don’t show up then the results I post acknowledge that. I certainly don’t tell anyone how to bet or what to bet. My selections will sometimes offer some real value, but if someone viewing and following along doesn’t recognize that, well what can I say. Maybe they shouldn’t be playing. As far as the 1st race goes, it doesn’t take much imagination or capital to box 4 entries in Triple or Super play especially when there’s anticipated value!

I guess I shouldn't be playing then. I'm just not ready to be dazzled by the staggering concept of boxing 4 horses in a 5 horse race. Your brilliance has humbled me. Select away my good man.

ReplayRandall
12-28-2015, 06:43 PM
That being said and for those of you who are still puzzled by my posting selection format I will offer a very simple explanation. I will always post 2 Key selections along with 2, 3, or even 4 other selections depending on how many entries are in the race. (2 w/7 entries or less, 3 w/8 to 11 entries, and 4 w/12 or more entries).

The 2 Keys are literally just that. Based on the analysis I use they are my primary contenders and have the best chance of either winning or at least showing up in the money somewhere. I use them in a number of ways depending on their value. I will sometimes just Dutch win bet them, but more often than not I will “key” them in an exotic bet if I believe the combinations offer a valued return. Sometimes (believe it or not) I will also pass the race entirely because the value just isn’t there.

Nitro, thanks for the reply and continued success at Hong Kong...

ultracapper
12-28-2015, 07:36 PM
It’s always been my understanding that this forum is dedicated to providing helpful information in the form of pre-race selections. Apparently that’s being misconstrued by some to also mean telling others what to bet, how to bet, or even how much to bet. Perhaps they’re also interested in what I’m betting, but as far as I’m concerned that’s my personal business. Because the only source of my pre-race selections are based on the tote board activities, the best I can offer are posting selections between 3 and 5 minutes to post. Between making my personal on-line bets and posting here, there’s just not enough time to provide any additional pre-race commentary.

The results I post for each race provide an awareness of what the posted selections offered in terms of the type of bets that could have been made. These results aren’t meant to imply that I’ve made every bet possible. I sure hope it isn’t necessary to explain how to use a Key choice in combination with other entries and structure an Exacta, Quinella, Triple or Super bet. If so, then I would suggest reading some literature on the subject of Exotic wagering. Again I want to emphasize that posting selections is only half the game. Betting those selections as far as I’m concerned is a personal judgment call for to those who wish to get involved. I don’t believe it’s my place (or anyone else’s for that matter) to tell someone else what to bet, how to bet, or how much to bet.

I think it’s unfortunate that so many players get caught up in just looking for winners, when in fact this game is really all about making winning plays. On face value, if someone was inclined to simply just play 10 cent boxed Supers on all 9 races using the selections I posted the cost would have amounted to $98.40. The return would have been approx. $142.00 (or nearly a 44% profit). This isn’t the first time I’ve felt compelled to point things like this out.

Funny thing is I don’t see others who post selections being scrutinized and many of whom don’t even bother to post their results. I guess it’s just coming from those inquisitive minds who have nothing better to do then attempt to downplay some else’s good fortune. I sure hope they’re doing better than what I’ve seen from their posted selections!

If you ever bet real money, they're going to require you to tell them how you want your bet structured BEFORE the race is run. You can't just tell them you have two key horses, and then when they turn out to be doo-doo and run 3rd and 4th, then tell them that your plan was to bet them throughout every ticket combination known to man. I mean, how were your key horses any different than the other horses you picked?

HAHAHA. Why did it take me so long to realize this is a fantasy.

Nitro
12-28-2015, 08:44 PM
If you ever bet real money, they're going to require you to tell them how you want your bet structured BEFORE the race is run. You can't just tell them you have two key horses, and then when they turn out to be doo-doo and run 3rd and 4th, then tell them that your plan was to bet them throughout every ticket combination known to man. I mean, how were your key horses any different than the other horses you picked?

HAHAHA. Why did it take me so long to realize this is a fantasy.
WOW! You really don’t get it! How sad! If that post is an example of your insight into my comments then buddy you’ve got a real comprehension problem. Any dimwit knows that a bet has to be structured properly. Again, in case you missed it this a SELECTION posting forum, not a BET posting forum. But do me a favor since I can’t argue against Ignorance please put me on your Ignore List and I’ll do the same. As far as I’m concerned your continued commentary fits a perfect _________ profile, and since you’re so good at recognition I’ll let you figure out what that is.

SkunkApe
12-28-2015, 10:10 PM
If you ever bet real money, they're going to require you to tell them how you want your bet structured BEFORE the race is run.

Can't he just tell them to go read a book?

ultracapper
12-29-2015, 01:04 AM
WOW! You really don’t get it! How sad! If that post is an example of your insight into my comments then buddy you’ve got a real comprehension problem. Any dimwit knows that a bet has to be structured properly. Again, in case you missed it this a SELECTION posting forum, not a BET posting forum. But do me a favor since I can’t argue against Ignorance please put me on your Ignore List and I’ll do the same. As far as I’m concerned your continued commentary fits a perfect _________ profile, and since you’re so good at recognition I’ll let you figure out what that is.

If this is a selection forum, and not a bet forum, why do we have to look at your stupid ____ (fill in the blank Einstein) follow up posts with payoffs and cute little thumbs up icons? Bets get payoffs, selections are what dreams are made of. Dreamer.

Clown

ultracapper
12-29-2015, 01:05 AM
Can't he just tell them to go read a book?

Damn, that is funny. Or tell them to get a different job because they are just too dimwitted to get it.