PDA

View Full Version : DRF workouts

ultracapper
12-27-2015, 02:40 PM
Here's one for you. #1 in the 6th at SA today has a recorded work on Dec 13. However, when I go to the SA workout records on their website, no such workout.

Where/who would have DRF gotten this info from, or who would have provided it. Sean McCarthy didn't report any workouts at all on Dec 13 to SA.

Just those oddball things only I can run across.

cj
12-27-2015, 02:42 PM
It isn't DRF, it is Equibase...we have the same thing.

WoxFan
12-27-2015, 04:59 PM
I subscribe to a workout report and it shows a workout for the horse ( Market Notes ) on the 13th:

MARKET NOTES Dec 13 SA 4 :48.3H M FT B-

WoxFan
12-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Santa anita's sheet: http://www.santaanita.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ReportRequest11.pdf

shows 91 workouts at 4f on the main track.

The equibase workouts for Market Notes show 22/99

ultracapper
01-02-2016, 10:30 AM
It isn't DRF, it is Equibase...we have the same thing.

Hey CJ, or anybody that reads this post that can verify this, if you have a minute today, can you see what you have for a horse named "Black Tie" running in the 7th at SA? Shows a race at LosAl 13Dec, WO at BELMONT 19Dec and then back at San Luis Rey on the 28th. There are Black Tie this and that's all over the racing landscape so I figure some wires got crossed.

I appreciate any light that can be shed on this, and the time invested checking it out. TIA.

ultracapper
01-02-2016, 10:31 AM
I subscribe to a workout report and it shows a workout for the horse ( Market Notes ) on the 13th:

MARKET NOTES Dec 13 SA 4 :48.3H M FT B-

If you have a minute WoxFan, check the post above. Thanks.

johnhannibalsmith
01-02-2016, 10:48 AM
I can't verify anything but I'd say there's roughly a 99% chance that your intuition is correct and the real name for the Belmont worker that day was lost in translation.

ultracapper
01-02-2016, 11:02 AM
I can't verify anything but I'd say there's roughly a 99% chance that your intuition is correct and the real name for the Belmont worker that day was lost in translation.

I'm certain you're on the mark. I don't want to waste anybody's time on this either. It's not like we're investigating AP's where-abouts or anything.

RonTiller
01-03-2016, 10:14 AM
I checked this out in the Equibase workout table. It is clearly a misidentified horse. I notified Equibase of the issue. This is not a waste of anybody's time, although we all understand that getting something as fundamental as times correct is a bigger ticket item.

Incidentally, the resolution of suspect workouts, including misspelled horse names and misidentified horses, is a substantial job, not for the faint of heart.

Ron Tiller
HDW

ultracapper
01-03-2016, 10:35 AM
I checked this out in the Equibase workout table. It is clearly a misidentified horse. I notified Equibase of the issue. This is not a waste of anybody's time, although we all understand that getting something as fundamental as times correct is a bigger ticket item.

Incidentally, the resolution of suspect workouts, including misspelled horse names and misidentified horses, is a substantial job, not for the faint of heart.

Ron Tiller
HDW

Thank you. Considering the stature of the horse involved, I wished later I hadn't posted it because I was afraid it might evolve into a complaint session concerning Equibase's issues now and again with accuracy. I did have some interest in the horse though, so it caught my attention.

Thanks for the effort.

cj
01-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Hey CJ, or anybody that reads this post that can verify this, if you have a minute today, can you see what you have for a horse named "Black Tie" running in the 7th at SA? Shows a race at LosAl 13Dec, WO at BELMONT 19Dec and then back at San Luis Rey on the 28th. There are Black Tie this and that's all over the racing landscape so I figure some wires got crossed.

I appreciate any light that can be shed on this, and the time invested checking it out. TIA.

Didn't see this yesterday, sorry, but yes the horse showed a BEL work and I'm sure it is error as everyone has said.

elhelmete
01-03-2016, 06:07 PM
I was visiting a very sleepy San Luis Rey one morning this November and a striking grey horse was walking onto the track for a work. The horse's name was announced clearly and it was announced he would work 4f.

The next day I checked the work list on Equibase. Nothing. Next day, same thing. Then I saw a work published 3 days later for that horse at SLR. So a 3-day error.

I mostly pay attention to works with respect to a regular pattern, so a 3-day error to me is significant.

ubercapper
01-04-2016, 11:10 AM
I was visiting a very sleepy San Luis Rey one morning this November and a striking grey horse was walking onto the track for a work. The horse's name was announced clearly and it was announced he would work 4f.

The next day I checked the work list on Equibase. Nothing. Next day, same thing. Then I saw a work published 3 days later for that horse at SLR. So a 3-day error.

I mostly pay attention to works with respect to a regular pattern, so a 3-day error to me is significant.

Please name the horse so this can be looked into. Thanks.

elhelmete
01-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Please name the horse so this can be looked into. Thanks.

I'll try to recall. "Silver ____" if I recall. May have been Adam Kitchingman's.

Would have been weekend of Nov 5-8

ubercapper
01-04-2016, 01:05 PM
I'll try to recall. "Silver ____" if I recall. May have been Adam Kitchingman's.

Would have been weekend of Nov 5-8

The only horse with Silver in its name in that time frame at SLR that I found was Glitter of Silver (11/6 1.14:20) but it wasn't trained by Kitchingman. Would have been Andy Mathis or Clifford Sise (changed trainers between 10/5 and 11/19 races).

If that's the horse let me know. Thanks.

elhelmete
01-04-2016, 02:16 PM
The only horse with Silver in its name in that time frame at SLR that I found was Glitter of Silver (11/6 1.14:20) but it wasn't trained by Kitchingman. Would have been Andy Mathis or Clifford Sise (changed trainers between 10/5 and 11/19 races).

If that's the horse let me know. Thanks.

Maybe not him. Definitely didn't work 6f, and I believe the morning I went there and saw the work was the Saturday 11/7. If I recall the work got reported as being done 11/10.

elhelmete
01-04-2016, 05:18 PM
If I saw a list of horses shown as working at SLR on 11/9 and 11/10 I bet I could pick it out.

RonTiller
01-07-2016, 10:35 AM
FYI: the Belmont workout for Black Tie on Dec 19th is now gone. I do not know if that Belmont workout got assigned to another (the correct?) horse - I'm guessing not, since it is several weeks after the fact, but you never know.

We post workouts on one of our sites so I spent some time getting a feel for the data. The vast majority of workouts come the day of the workout. For instance, we processed a batch of today's workouts for Belmont from Equibase a little after 9:00am; we processed today's workouts for Laurel a little after 10:00am. They come trickling in by track throughout the day as each track sends them in. On the whole, it seems to be quite reliable.

If a workout takes 3 days to be posted (when others at the same track were posted promptly), it could mean that when the workout data was processed, there was no match for the horse name in the database. My understanding is that problem workouts like that go into a type of problem-workout bin, where they are laboriously resolved in concert with the personnel at the track and maybe even trainers themselves. That job does not appear to be very rewarding but it has to be done.

Ron Tiller
HDW

GatetoWire
01-07-2016, 10:55 AM
This stuff happens.
A few years ago Mucho Macho Man was stabled at Saratoga and a 5 furlong work showed up at Penn National.
I checked with the owners on Twitter and found out that the horse never left Saratoga and it was just a data entry error

ubercapper
01-11-2016, 10:19 AM
If I saw a list of horses shown as working at SLR on 11/9 and 11/10 I bet I could pick it out.

Send me a pm with an email address and I'll try to get that list.

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2016, 12:07 PM
This stuff happens.
A few years ago Mucho Macho Man was stabled at Saratoga and a 5 furlong work showed up at Penn National.
I checked with the owners on Twitter and found out that the horse never left Saratoga and it was just a data entry errorI remember when Ghostzapper showed up in the workout tab a year or two after he retired...cj remembers how that went on here... :lol:

cj
01-18-2016, 12:55 PM
I remember when Ghostzapper showed up in the workout tab a year or two after he retired...cj remembers how that went on here... :lol:

That was pretty comical.

Maryland Owner
01-18-2016, 09:54 PM
I actually had a horse that had been euthanized show up in a workout notice. Horse had been dead for a few weeks.