PDA

View Full Version : Two fallers in the first at Aqueduct

paddy79
12-27-2015, 12:24 PM
What the hell??! Very strange race

Kash$
12-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Brutal first race at Aqueduct 2 horses broke down the favorite Blooper and Successful Sweep in mid stretch tough to watch

Blooper a voided claim 2 back

MonmouthParkJoe
12-27-2015, 12:27 PM
I just watched it too, not a good look by any means

chenoa
12-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Awful anytime a horse breaks down, to see 2 in the same race, yikes.

Burn the video.

Kash$
12-27-2015, 12:31 PM

Nutz and Boltz
12-27-2015, 12:31 PM
The quality of the racing at Aqueduct this year is a disgrace. You have to guess which cripple is going to win and which one is going to break down. See you in the Spring.

Nutz and Boltz
12-27-2015, 12:34 PM
:(

EMD4ME
12-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Wonder what Blooper's voided claim was for :(

EMD4ME
12-27-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm on track, the 6 was attended to by the on track equine ambulance quickly (with the dreaded black curtain)

Took 10 min for the 2nd equine ambulance to come in from the backstretch to attend to the 3. There were 2 ambulances (1 for each horse & jock) but why only 1 equine ambulance available for a quick response?

I saw Arroyo walk away. Not sure if Jose did. Couldn't see.

paddy79
12-27-2015, 12:40 PM
I'm on track, the 6 was attended to by the on track equine ambulance quickly (with the dreaded black curtain)

Took 10 min for the 2nd equine ambulance to come in from the backstretch to attend to the 3. There were 2 ambulances (1 for each horse & jock) but why only 1 equine ambulance available for a quick response?

I saw Arroyo walk away. Not sure if Jose did. Couldn't see.

very poor medical set up.

looked to me like both horses suffered leg breaks

Donttellmeshowme
12-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Successful Sweep was claimed but was voided.

Alwaysonpoint36
12-27-2015, 01:11 PM
watched it live....read the chart...just awful. :(

EMD4ME
12-27-2015, 01:11 PM
watched it live....read the chart...just awful. :(

Jose off his mounts rest of card.

Wickel
12-27-2015, 01:15 PM
You have to guess which cripple is going to win and which one is going to break down.

Or which stiff are going to ride. Other than the Ortiz bros, a terrible jockey colony.

Nutz and Boltz
12-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Or which stiff are going to ride. Other than the Ortiz bros, a terrible jockey colony.
True

Stillriledup
12-27-2015, 01:19 PM

Nobody cares, there's nobody fighting for the horses to make sure they're not compromised before running. business as usual.

Stillriledup
12-27-2015, 01:21 PM
One a recent voided claim.

cj
12-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Nobody cares, there's nobody fighting for the horses to make sure they're not compromised before running. business as usual.

Was voided for administrative reasons, not because of the vet---right in TimeformUS PPs on the claim line.

Donttellmeshowme
12-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Was voided for administrative reasons, not because of the vet---right in TimeformUS PPs on the claim line.

How can a claim be voided for administrative reasons?

cj
12-27-2015, 01:40 PM

I guess something was wrong with the paperwork, or maybe the owner wasn't licensed, could be a lot of different things. Point is it wasn't a health issue.

Donttellmeshowme
12-27-2015, 01:50 PM
I guess something was wrong with the paperwork, or maybe the owner wasn't licensed, could be a lot of different things. Point is it wasn't a health issue.

If the paperwork wasnt good the claim would of never went through. So are they saying a claim was in for the horse but not allowed because the claim slip as not filled out correctly? Or the claim was out in, the new connections got the horse and for whatever reason the claim was voided?

cj
12-27-2015, 02:54 PM
If the paperwork wasnt good the claim would of never went through. So are they saying a claim was in for the horse but not allowed because the claim slip as not filled out correctly? Or the claim was out in, the new connections got the horse and for whatever reason the claim was voided?

I said I don't know the exact reason, that isn't listed, it could be tons of reasons. The point is that it wasn't a vet void. I'm sure if you call NYRA they could tell you.

cj
12-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Right from the chart:

"Blooper (Administrative) was a voided claim."

therussmeister
12-27-2015, 05:47 PM
very poor medical set up.

looked to me like both horses suffered leg breaks
The chart says Blooper was the victim of an apparent cardiac arrest.

Hambletonian
12-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Considering all the improvements in medical care for equines, I wish someone could explain to me why there seem to be way more cardiac events now. I remember back in my youth a few horses collapsing post race from heat exhaustion, but heart attacks were extremely, extremely rare.

Now a days, not so uncommon a way for a horse to meet its end.

davew
12-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Considering all the improvements in medical care for equines, I wish someone could explain to me why there seem to be way more cardiac events now. I remember back in my youth a few horses collapsing post race from heat exhaustion, but heart attacks were extremely, extremely rare.

Now a days, not so uncommon a way for a horse to meet its end.

I suspect back in your youth, it was not possible to see 250 races on a weekend.

Redboard
12-27-2015, 10:26 PM
OMG! It looks like the incidents were unrelated. I’ve never seen this – two unrelated fatal breakdowns in one race. Things were going so well too. There had only been one racing equine death this whole Aqu meet, unlike last year where there were 12. Ouch.

v j stauffer
12-27-2015, 11:30 PM

Many reasons.

Not time stamped before 15 to post.

Claim slip not properly filled out.

Must have EVERYTHING correct.

Date

Race #

Owner's name

Trainer's name.

Proper spelling. This must be exactly correct.

Ben's Duchess (good)

Bens Duchess (void)

Rockin n' Rollin (good)

Rocking n Rollin (void)

Rockin n Rolling (void)

Rockin n Rollin (void)

rockin n' Rollin (void)

Not enough money in account.

Most times a trainer will make sure with the bookkeeper.

But have seen claims voided because they forgot about sales tax.

I even saw one voided because an owner put in the exact/correct amount. However, he ran a horse earlier on the card. The jock mount was deducted leaving him $70 short on the claim.

Expired worker's comp.

Not all partners properly licensed.

I'll think of many more.

Donttellmeshowme
12-27-2015, 11:48 PM
Many reasons.

Not time stamped before 15 to post.

Claim slip not properly filled out.

Must have EVERYTHING correct.

Date

Race #

Owner's name

Trainer's name.

Proper spelling. This must be exactly correct.

Ben's Duchess (good)

Bens Duchess (void)

Rockin n' Rollin (good)

Rocking n Rollin (void)

Rockin n Rolling (void)

Rockin n Rollin (void)

rockin n' Rollin (void)

Not enough money in account.

Most times a trainer will make sure with the bookkeeper.

But have seen claims voided because they forgot about sales tax.

I even saw one voided because an owner put in the exact/correct amount. However, he ran a horse earlier on the card. The jock mount was deducted leaving him $70 short on the claim.

Expired worker's comp.

Not all partners properly licensed.

I'll think of many more.

Yea Vic i get that but it sounded like the claim was made and they got the horse then found an error and had to void the claim. Thats the way i was reading it. But why would a voided claim be put in the pp's if it wasnt a vet that voided the claim? One of the those reasons you just described as getting a claim voided i have done. I am guilty.

NorCalGreg
12-28-2015, 01:44 AM
Yea Vic i get that but it sounded like the claim was made and they got the horse then found an error and had to void the claim. Thats the way i was reading it. But why would a voided claim be put in the pp's if it wasnt a vet that voided the claim? One of the those reasons you just described as getting a claim voided i have done. I am guilty.

Haven't you ever properly filled out a claim slip?? (this same guy asked me the same irrellevant question on another thread)

Go on, Cajun...refresh my memory about needing to have claimed a horse before I can post an opinion.

I had looked the Pace Shape over of R-1...TORCIDA'S AVG E-1 E-2 was daylight ahead of the rest. Tragically, the 2 that tried to run with her, ended up being their last race-ever.
I look at charts every day- but honestly don't remember ever seeing this:

Successful Sweep claim voided. Reason: Deceased

v j stauffer
12-28-2015, 04:38 AM

I had one voided because I put the wrong date on the slip.

Didn't know exactly what day it was so I looked at the program.

Which had it wrong! Wrote that date. VOIDED :mad:

Donttellmeshowme
12-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Haven't you ever properly filled out a claim slip?? (this same guy asked me the same irrellevant question on another thread)

Go on, Cajun...refresh my memory about needing to have claimed a horse before I can post an opinion.

I had looked the Pace Shape over of R-1...TORCIDA'S AVG E-1 E-2 was daylight ahead of the rest. Tragically, the 2 that tried to run with her, ended up being their last race-ever.
I look at charts every day- but honestly don't remember ever seeing this:

Successful Sweep claim voided. Reason: Deceased

Ive filled out plenty of claim slips neck have you?

But your missing my point. It sounded like the claim was made and then the claim was voided because they found a clerical error. What i mean is the new connections got the horse took it back to the barn, then they called back and said we made a mistake you have to give the horese back because we made a mistake. Why would that be put on the PP's? Thats not useful info.

onefast99
12-28-2015, 11:13 AM
If the paperwork wasnt good the claim would of never went through. So are they saying a claim was in for the horse but not allowed because the claim slip as not filled out correctly? Or the claim was out in, the new connections got the horse and for whatever reason the claim was voided?Many reasons a claim to be voided, here are some of the most common and a few absurd ones...
Wrong date
Wrong race
no one signed the slip
signed slip wasn't correctly signed(name under claim different than the signature)
wrong horse number connections wanted the :1: not the :1a:
spelling has to be perfect(one of the biggest reasons for a claim void)
must circle the managing owner they are the only one that can sign
money has to be in the account
If individual claiming the horse was in the barn of the horse being claimed it can be voided
horse tests positive horse can be given back
In NY if a horse is lame after leaving the spit box or breaks down claim is voided

Hambletonian
12-28-2015, 01:05 PM
I suspect back in your youth, it was not possible to see 250 races on a weekend.

This is not about witnessing hear attacks, this is about the percentage of untimely demises that were not the result of a breakdown. I guarantee you there are more of these today then 30 years ago.

NorCalGreg
12-28-2015, 01:20 PM
This is all good "behind the scenes" info most horseplayers (such as myself) wouldn't know about.

And to DONTTELLMESHOWME: you're the "cajun" I was referring to, if you don't mind.

I now see your point--this type of administrative/voided claim is just more useless info for the handicapper to wade through.

One question for those that know: I'm sure "handshake deals" are common...but is there any way for a horse's connection's to know if a , call it "hostile" party has put in a claim ---pre-race? While there is still time to scratch out?

onefast99
12-28-2015, 01:33 PM
There are horsemans books that probably would tell the trainer if he were to inquire before the race that "you have 3 claims in on your horse" but to think that at that time(11 minutes to post is the cutoff for dropping a claim slip) the trainer would or even could scratch his horse at the gate I would say at the larger tracks the answer is no. Has it ever happened, I'm sure it has.

Donttellmeshowme
12-28-2015, 05:38 PM
This is all good "behind the scenes" info most horseplayers (such as myself) wouldn't know about.

And to DONTTELLMESHOWME: you're the "cajun" I was referring to, if you don't mind.

I now see your point--this type of administrative/voided claim is just more useless info for the handicapper to wade through.

One question for those that know: I'm sure "handshake deals" are common...but is there any way for a horse's connection's to know if a , call it "hostile" party has put in a claim ---pre-race? While there is still time to scratch out?

Yes some connections will find out from either a groom or another owner. Can they scratch the horse once its on the track? Its hard but its been done before.

PaceAdvantage
01-02-2016, 04:07 PM
I had one voided because I put the wrong date on the slip.

Didn't know exactly what day it was so I looked at the program.

Which had it wrong! Wrote that date. VOIDED :mad:Wow, you are one unlucky dude. Wrong program dates happen maybe once every couple of years...if that much :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-02-2016, 04:29 PM
... Has it ever happened, I'm sure it has.

You would be correct. That would be the one that seems to jog off fine in the post parade, then the rider takes him to the vet, jogs for him, the vet says he's fine I'll get another rider if you won't ride him, trainer refuses new rider, horse is scratched, horse works within a day or two and is re-entered for more ASAP.