PDA

View Full Version : MASS. CAP RATINGS

Bubbles
06-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Haven't really had a chance to use these in the past few months. They make a return in tomorrow's Mass. Cap...

1) GYGISTAR-92
2) OFFLEE WILD-90
3) FUNNY CIDE-89
4) EVENING ATTIRE-89
5) THE LADY'S GROOM-88
6) ROGUE AGENT-87
7) SARAVA-83
8) ON THE GAME-82
9) BASIL'S RHYTHM-80

Very well-matched field here in the return of Massachusetts's big horse race. Offlee Wild is a sneaky pick to be a major player here. Last out he beat an allowance field off a layoff, and he takes ten pounds off his back here. But if Gygistar can handle the distance (he's never tried distances of over a mile), which I think he can, he's the pick.

Good luck and good 'capping,
Bub's

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2004, 10:24 PM
The Lady's Groom is who gets my attention. Funny Cide will be hard pressed to win this race IMO. He can win it, but he'll have to run a top effort.

Bubbles
06-18-2004, 10:59 PM
TLG definitely has significant back class, having gotten within a length and a half of Brooklyn winner Seattle Fitz last out. The Beyers are also pretty impressive, his last two figs are both 109's. But there will be significant pressure on the front end tomorrow from Rogue Agent and On The Game. I think Gygistar is going to sit a few lengths off of the hot pace and just pick up the pieces around the far turn. But as I said earlier, watch out for Offlee Wild.

Niko
06-18-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm also looking to see if Offlee Wild can repeat or improve a bit. Tough call when the first off the lay-off is the horses best lifetime. I also see Sarava rounding to a top effort for the first time again. I'll use Sarava as a key and watch Offlee Wild. Only bad thing is Suff plays so much to early speed. Because of that I'll use The Ladys and Rogues in exactas.
Too many horses in here to distract Funny Cide from running his best race--I believe and will believe at low odds.

Bubbles
06-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Was right about Offlee Wild and Funny Cide. The Lady's Groom did a little more than I thought he could, and Gygistar missed the board entirely. Not too bad. I've hit better, but I've missed worse. ;)