PDA

View Full Version : TVG DEPOSIT FEE

PIC6SIX
12-24-2015, 09:03 PM
TVG posted a charge of $5.00 for a deposit transfer from my checking account to my wagering account. Is this the norm now? I seldom use my TVG account and am not up to date with the TVG rules governing their betting site.

Winger
12-24-2015, 09:07 PM
TVG posted a charge of $5.00 for a deposit transfer from my checking account to my wagering account. Is this the norm now? I seldom use my TVG account and am not up to date with the TVG rules governing their betting site.

This one of the reasons I don't use TVG.

Hoofless_Wonder
12-24-2015, 10:57 PM

Which deposit method do you use? TVGcash displays a fee of $5.00 and a discount of $5.00 for a $300 deposit, so it's a wash. It's free.

duncan04
12-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Thats asinine. I love the fact that with Twinspires I can fund my account from my bank account with no extra fees.

upthecreek
12-25-2015, 06:32 AM

I have a 4NJbets(TVG) account and all deposits from checking are free They charge the $5 but when I "checkout" the $5 is subtracted and listed as a discount
Never paid a dime in deposit fees in 3 yrs

olddaddy
12-25-2015, 07:00 AM
This is from their website.

BetCash* (electronic checking; 100% discounted fee option)

BetCash or electronic checking is a quick, convenient and free method to fund or withdraw funds from your TVG wagering account. To make a BetCash deposit, select BetCash from the Deposit Funds link under the My Account tab and follow the instructions.

You can quickly and easily make deposits into your TVG account at tvg.com. BetCash deposits made through the website or phone wagering system are limited to $2,000.00. For assistance with larger BetCash deposits, call 1-888-PLAY-TVG (752-9884).

The benefits of using BetCash include:

No cash advance fees or interest charges
No deposit fees
No block on deposits used for wagering
No monthly deposit limit

I would call them and ask them why you were charged $5.

HalvOnHorseracing
12-25-2015, 07:49 PM
It's another example of the nickel and dime mentality of the accountants running the show. If they can't make outrageous profits just on the action they handle, they need to get out of the business.

thaskalos
12-25-2015, 08:21 PM
It's another example of the nickel and dime mentality of the accountants running the show. If they can't make outrageous profits just on the action they handle, they need to get out of the business.
My local OTB, which is owned by Hawthorne Racetrack, charges its patrons a 3-5% surcharge (depending on the wager) for the convenience of betting off track. Plus, a recently instituted state law has added an additional 1% surcharge on top of that...for the benefit of the harness racing industry in the state. And, as if these surcharges weren't enough...some "beancounter" has now thought of implementing the idea of charging a $1 admission price for entering the OTB. :)

How these places are still in business, I'll never know.

AndyC
12-25-2015, 09:25 PM

An accountant wouldn't be so stupid. AndyC CPA

AndyC
12-25-2015, 09:26 PM
..... And, as if these surcharges weren't enough...some "beancounter" has now thought of implementing the idea of charging a $1 admission price for entering the OTB. :)

See response #9 ;)

castaway01
12-27-2015, 12:14 PM

Except it's not because they actually refund the money.

Hoofless_Wonder
12-27-2015, 01:15 PM
My local OTB, which is owned by Hawthorne Racetrack, charges its patrons a 3-5% surcharge (depending on the wager) for the convenience of betting off track. Plus, a recently instituted state law has added an additional 1% surcharge on top of that...for the benefit of the harness racing industry in the state. And, as if these surcharges weren't enough...some "beancounter" has now thought of implementing the idea of charging a $1 admission price for entering the OTB. :)

Can't say as I miss Illinois at all when it comes to being a horseplayer. I'm sure that $1 admission charge will be the difference, especially when the IRB shuts down internet wagering to drive attendance up - from six patrons to seven..... :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
12-29-2015, 12:04 AM

Illinois has Harness racing?

upthecreek
12-29-2015, 06:21 AM
The live harness schedule at Hawthorne is as follows: racing five days a week (Wednesday-Sunday) from Jan. 6 through Feb. 6 (24 dates); racing five days a week (Wednesday-Sunday) from May 6 through Sept. 25 (92 dates); racing on Monday, July 4.

Stillriledup
12-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Thequarterhog.com is available as of Dec 19th.

v j stauffer
12-30-2015, 03:37 AM
Pick more winners. You'll only have to worry about withdrawals. :)