PDA

View Full Version : Wireless printer issue

judd
12-23-2015, 05:44 AM
Have hp printer and used to print things from I- pad but it's been awhile and went to print and wouldn't print from I- pad - went to wireless set up and kept saying password invalid- confirmed password name and everything correct just kept getting password incorrect--any ideas how to get back on track

MJC922
12-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Have hp printer and used to print things from I- pad but it's been awhile and went to print and wouldn't print from I- pad - went to wireless set up and kept saying password invalid- confirmed password name and everything correct just kept getting password incorrect--any ideas how to get back on track

Confirm that you're connecting the ipad and the printer to the same wireless network using the right type of security / encryption. I would start by deleting the existing wireless connections of both devices and adding them back again. Sometimes the network settings of a wireless printer get messed up after a power outage.

judd
12-23-2015, 01:34 PM
Confirm that you're connecting the ipad and the printer to the same wireless network using the right type of security / encryption. I would start by deleting the existing wireless connections of both devices and adding them back again. Sometimes the network settings of a wireless printer get messed up after a power outage.
Tried on 1 hr--- still no go :bang: :bang:

LottaKash
12-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Tried on 1 hr--- still no go :bang: :bang:

It's just a shot, but I do know that with some of the newer printers, they are very touchy about the "Cartridges", as many have a "chip" in them, and sometimes "the password issue", due to a bad or "not allowed chip", is the culprit...

Perhaps a swapout with a newer or different ink cartridge may do the trick, in your case..

GL... :)