PDA

View Full Version : Tough Race for Funnycide

CryingForTheHorses
06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Looking at the racing form checking out FC race,seems to have 2 horses in here with higher beyers,A ton of speed with the likes of The Lady's Groom 109 beyer last start going 1 1/8,Dont discount Evening Attire,last race going 1 1/8 was beaten 11 lengths,Still had a 105 beyer on the deep keenland course,last of all Rogue Agent also has speed,Dont think you will see FC with the lead..Think he will sit 3rd with supersonic fractions on the front end,Laugh if you will I see The Lady's Groom winning this race'

ps I see a 7/8 race here with FC winning by 5 in 122

cj
06-18-2004, 01:55 PM
I don't get why you think FC is a 7f horse. His best races were at 9.5 and 10f. His one turn Met, similiar to a 7f race, gave no indications this guy wants shorter. Please explain.

CryingForTheHorses
06-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi CJ
I will try to explain...If he goes 1 mile on one turn then thats ok..He is a one turn horse,He has won 1 race going two turns since his preakness and that race the 3/4 went in 112,his works all are a fast 5/8 in 59.He is speed crazy..loves to rip around one turn.If he goes 2 turns he is flying around the first turn and ripping down the backside,has to change leads all them times...to much for him.Look at his races..he is losing lengths in every race. The 1 1/8 race he did win was only by a 1/2 length. Look at is 7/8 race..went in 122 and he had a 102 beyer with a 2 month layoff.If he was mine..He would be sprinting 7/8

cj
06-18-2004, 02:11 PM
I see where you are going, but I'd have to disagree. He had a one turn mile last out, and didn't show anything.

Also, his numbers have always been better the longer he goes. His early one turn victories were against very weak NY breds, and his GP victory wasn't against much either. G2, G3 going long appears his best shot to me. He could probably still get a G1 if he can avoid the top dogs.

CryingForTheHorses
06-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Also remember tis CJ..He is a speed horse..speed kills....Im sure he has wear and tear on them legs,Myself I would keep him going one turn..When a horse has to change leads that many times, Its hard on them.lok at his high beyer for the year 109 compared to 114 last year.also look at the early fractions in his last race..If the race was 7/8 he was right there.;)

cj
06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Unless they change trainers, we'll never know. Tagg has made it pretty clear he thinks he's a two turn horse. A few more losses might change his mind though. Especially against this group.

BIG RED
06-18-2004, 03:50 PM
I kind of like The Lady's Groom myself. I'll be there tommorrow and see if he looks Uppity.

CryingForTheHorses
06-18-2004, 04:27 PM
The Lady's Groom
Evening Attire
FunnyCide
Time of race

BIG RED
06-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Lady
Funny
Gygi
Time of race; will have no clue what time of day it is by then, forgetit:D

Bubbles
06-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Gygistar
Offlee Wild
Funny Cide

Final time: 1:48 2/5

CryingForTheHorses
06-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Wow Bubbles, I also love that horse didnt pick him cause I wasnt sure if he could get that extra eighth..Geeze got beat his last race 4 lengths going a mile and still had a 108 beyer,Has a 110 beyer winning the race before

Bubbles
06-18-2004, 05:20 PM
McSchell...

I think he bounced in the Met. He won a G3 prior to it in impressive fashion, and as you said, even with the bounce, he still recorded a 108 Beyer. I think he can stretch out effectively here, and with this field, that says a lot.

CryingForTheHorses
06-19-2004, 06:41 PM
:) Great Call Bubbles..Hope you made money, Didnt get to see the race...Was busy winning my own race at Calder

JimG
06-19-2004, 09:34 PM
It was a great race. I'm not a Barclay Tagg fan but he had Funny Cide ready to run. The top 3 horses ran one heck of a race. Certainly, the most exciting race I saw today.

Jim

JustRalph
06-19-2004, 11:59 PM
It was nice to see Funny dueling for the win..........

Zaf
06-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Glad to see that FC did well !!!! :)

ZAFONIC

cj
06-21-2004, 05:19 AM
It was good to see him run well, unfortunately, it isn't near his 3yo level. He looks to be a G2 / G3 runner, needs to be kept around 2 turns. He'll win lots more money, but I don't see any more titles in his future.

Tee
06-21-2004, 06:05 AM
I'll just float this out there & see what everyone thinks.

At equal weights does Funny Cide beat Offlee Wild?

By looking at the pp's and the result chart I would say very nice race by The Lady's Groom - could still be developing into a nice one.

Karamanos was 4 lbs over?- not exactly what I would like to see in a handicap race.

As everyone can probably gather, I have yet to see the race.

cj
06-21-2004, 07:04 AM
4 over was definitely a factor in my opinion. I do calculate weight into my numbers, and when I saw 4 over, I downgraded the horse a bit for sure. Two heads is not much!

Funny Cide ran good, but none of the horse's in this field are close to what I would consider G1 types, that's why I think G2/G3 is his level now.

OTM Al
06-21-2004, 08:47 AM
He'll certainly be a fine Gr 2/3 horse for a good long time. Looks like he's not going for the BC either. Too hot in Texas according to his connections...

Sure would have liked to have seen this race. Sounds like some kind of finish. Was watching the NYRA feed at home (it was a fix up the house day) and they promised to cut to it and never did.

Dancer's Image
06-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
:) Great Call Bubbles..Hope you made money, Didnt get to see the race...Was busy winning my own race at Calder

Congratulations McSchell!!!!

5th race - Calder Race Course - June 19, 2004
_ _
__Off at: 2:42_ _Race Type: Claiming
__Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
__Value of Race: $8,000
__Distance: Six And One Half Furlongs
__Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
__Winning Time: 1:20.45
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
10 Air Cool Emanuel Cosme 9.40 3.80 4.20
7 Dizzi Mister Rizzi Eduardo O. Nunez _ 3.00 2.80
6 Port Henry Aurelio Toribio, Jr. _ _ 6.60
Also ran: 5 - Mickey's Magic , 8 - High Rank , 9 - La Canoa Ranchaa , 4 - Frisco Frisky , 1 - Fast Spot , 3 - Sorrentino (ARG) , 2 - Sir Sauceboat
_
Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff
$2 Pick 3 6-3-10 (3 correct) 62.40
$2 Exacta 10-7 34.20
$2 Superfecta 10-7-6-8 537.00
$2 Superfecta 10-7-6-5 602.00
$2 Trifecta 10-7-6 283.80
Winning Breeder: J. B. Racing Stable
Winning Owner: McSchell Racing
Winning Trainer: David A. Vivian, Jr.

I was on vacation last week and missed it....let us know when you're running again at Calder so I can watch for it!

JustRalph
06-21-2004, 03:31 PM
I agree with CJ. I don't think he can win a grade one ever again. Unless a really weak field pops up somewhere. I do think that he is miles ahead of Monarcho's now. But Monarcho's is out to stud.........it's a shame Funny can't eventually end up in the breeding shed.

CryingForTheHorses
06-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah Ralph, NO chance for him to make babies..Hell I love to claim old horses...Maybe in the stars..

CryingForTheHorses
06-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Dancer's Image
Congratulations McSchell!!!!

5th race - Calder Race Course - June 19, 2004
_ _
__Off at: 2:42_ _Race Type: Claiming
__Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
__Value of Race: $8,000
__Distance: Six And One Half Furlongs
__Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
__Winning Time: 1:20.45
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
10 Air Cool Emanuel Cosme 9.40 3.80 4.20
7 Dizzi Mister Rizzi Eduardo O. Nunez _ 3.00 2.80
6 Port Henry Aurelio Toribio, Jr. _ _ 6.60
Also ran: 5 - Mickey's Magic , 8 - High Rank , 9 - La Canoa Ranchaa , 4 - Frisco Frisky , 1 - Fast Spot , 3 - Sorrentino (ARG) , 2 - Sir Sauceboat
_
Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff
$2 Pick 3 6-3-10 (3 correct) 62.40
$2 Exacta 10-7 34.20
$2 Superfecta 10-7-6-8 537.00
$2 Superfecta 10-7-6-5 602.00
$2 Trifecta 10-7-6 283.80
Winning Breeder: J. B. Racing Stable
Winning Owner: McSchell Racing
Winning Trainer: David A. Vivian, Jr.

I was on vacation last week and missed it....let us know when you're running again at Calder so I can watch for it!

Thankyou,..DancersImage..great horse,great trainer Big Lou..worked for him as a hotwalker in beautiful Ft Erie..Makes me wonder with your nic...Are you a fuller?

Dancer's Image
06-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Thankyou,..DancersImage..great horse,great trainer Big Lou..worked for him as a hotwalker in beautiful Ft Erie..Makes me wonder with your nic...Are you a fuller?

McSchell,
What's a fuller?
Was Big Lou, DI's trainer?
DI was the last winner I picked in the Derby!

CryingForTheHorses
06-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Peter Fuller owned Dancer's Image,Lou Cavalrious trained him, I claimed AIR COOL off of Peter Fuller's daughter Abagail...Thats why I asked..Will let you know when he is going to run

cj
06-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Funny Cide, along with the horses sandwiched on either side of him, earned a 110 Beyer on Saturday. Funny is consistent, just not quite as quick as last year. Seeing as that he is now 4, he should be a bit faster than last year. He'll make a lot of money to be sure though.

Dancer's Image
06-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
Peter Fuller owned Dancer's Image,Lou Cavalrious trained him, I claimed AIR COOL off of Peter Fuller's daughter Abagail...Thats why I asked..Will let you know when he is going to run

Aha...I mighta guessed that if you had asked if I was a Fuller...the pica f made me afraid that you were implying I was "full" of something, which I must admit I have often been accused!

Tee
06-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by teeitup
I'll just float this out there & see what everyone thinks.

At equal weights does Funny Cide beat Offlee Wild?

By looking at the pp's and the result chart I would say very nice race by The Lady's Groom - could still be developing into a nice one.

Karamanos was 4 lbs over?- not exactly what I would like to see in a handicap race.

As everyone can probably gather, I have yet to see the race.

I almost forgot about this.

I finally saw the race - I can see why Offlee Wild was the winner. Besides the 6 lb weight break from Funny Cide he saved every inch of ground. FC was a bit wide around the 1st turn, but settled down the backstretch in a great stalking position.

Even though Funny Cide finished 2nd, I would say he ran the winning race. Hopefully Offlee Wild will be bet again in his next start of this win. I feel he will be a big bet against, unless of course everything goes his way again.

JustRalph
06-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Funny Cide, along with the horses sandwiched on either side of him, earned a 110 Beyer on Saturday. Funny is consistent, just not quite as quick as last year. Seeing as that he is now 4, he should be a bit faster than last year. He'll make a lot of money to be sure though.

They need to give him to Pletcher..........he knows how to make money with these type horses. See: Balto Star

cj
07-04-2004, 07:09 AM
Nice race by FC yesterday, he may wind up being a big factor in the division after all. A new jock is in order in my opinion.

TravisVOX
07-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Yup.

Did anyone else notice "THE CHOKE?" It's terrible.

PaceAdvantage
07-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I've been pretty critical of Santos in the past, but I can't find much fault with his ride yesterday, unless you want to say he shouldn't have gotten between the rail and Peace Rules, which is debateable.

He saved all the ground, took back a bit, and that's that. The horse changed leads right near the end of the race, and when he did that, THAT'S when he started to lose it to Peace Rules and Newfoundland.

Hosshead
07-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
The horse changed leads right near the end of the race, and when he did that, THAT'S when he started to lose it to Peace Rules and Newfoundland.
When you say he changed leads near the wire, do you mean he was on the correct lead throughout most of the stretch, then went to the wrong lead near the wire?

JustRalph
07-04-2004, 11:38 PM
It is good to see him turn in two nice races where he was contending in the last few yards..............

Buckeye
07-05-2004, 12:36 AM
He's a nice horse who gives his best effort. More than likely, he will win a few more important races. He's pretty fast, he runs near the lead, and horses don't win the Derby and Preakness by accident. He could just be late developing into a mature racehorse.

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Hosshead
When you say he changed leads near the wire, do you mean he was on the correct lead throughout most of the stretch, then went to the wrong lead near the wire?

Actually, he switched leads a little early. He was on the correct lead entering the stretch, but he switched to that lead about halfway on the turn....too early....

Then he switched to the wrong lead about 20-30 yards from the wire, and that's when Peace Rules and Newfoundland came back at him....

tmpg2000
07-07-2004, 11:14 AM
That cost me the N P4. I had FC and N . Still can't believe they both lost.