PDA

View Full Version : Beckham vs Norman

Kash$
12-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Absolute disgrace..Beckham bush league cheap shots..3 personal fouls..Norman took a shot to the head that could've done major damage..

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Disagree. Don't listen to buck n Aikman, beckhams fire is leading a comeback.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Disagree. Don't listen to buck n Aikman, beckhams fire is leading a comeback.

Til Eli throws int..

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Beckham got in their heads, it won't be enough but these announcers won't give Beckham credit, without his fire and brimstone, none of this happens

tucker6
12-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Beckham got in their heads, it won't be enough but these announcers won't give Beckham credit, without his fire and brimstone, none of this happens
what parallel universe are you watching this game in? Beckham has been GARBAGE today. 4 catches for 21 yards, 2 drops, 2 offensive PI's, 1 fumble, a one personal foul. He has been the least of the reasons why the Giants are in it at this point.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 04:09 PM
what parallel universe are you watching this game in? Beckham has been GARBAGE today. 4 catches for 21 yards, 2 drops, 2 offensive PI's, 1 fumble, a one personal foul. He has been the least of the reasons why the Giants are in it at this point.

The difference between you and me is that you listen to the announcers and I'm actually watching the game.

tucker6
12-20-2015, 04:13 PM
The difference between you and me is that you listen to the announcers and I'm actually watching the game.
No, I simply think your best venue is horse racing. Pretty obvious actually.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 04:16 PM
No, I simply think your best venue is horse racing. Pretty obvious actually.

I'm great at racing, thanks for noticing.

tucker6
12-20-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm great at racing, thanks for noticing.
I said it was your best venue. I never mentioned great. :D

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 04:27 PM
I said it was your best venue. I never mentioned great. :D

I never said you did.

cj
12-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Beckham's last shot was very cheap as I said in the other thread, but a big part of it was retaliation. Norman slapped him upside the head on that very play without a flag. The refs were letting him get away with murder and Beckham had enough.

It certainly turned the game around, not sure anyone could deny that.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Beckham's last shot was very cheap as I said in the other thread, but a big part of it was retaliation. Norman slapped him upside the head on that very play without a flag. The refs were letting him get away with murder and Beckham had enough.

It certainly turned the game around, not sure anyone could deny that.

Tucker6 is denying the obvious, he thinks Beckham hurt the team.

I was getting agitated listening to buck n Aikman and those guys openly rooting for Carolina, people who watched the game saw that Beckham was in this guys head and not the other way around. Buck n Aikman acted like this wasnt actual football. But knitting class.

horses4courses
12-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Beckham should be facing some sort of disciplinary action after that.
Fine.....suspension....all of the above?

I watched the last 5 minutes online - it wasn't shown locally.
Quite a game. :ThmbUp:

It's going to take a good effort to beat Carolina.
They may get beaten in regular season - doesn't matter.
The real season starts after that.

Stillriledup
12-21-2015, 02:42 AM
Beckham should be facing some sort of disciplinary action after that.
Fine.....suspension....all of the above?

I watched the last 5 minutes online - it wasn't shown locally.
Quite a game. :ThmbUp:

It's going to take a good effort to beat Carolina.
They may get beaten in regular season - doesn't matter.
The real season starts after that.

Yes, suspend Beckham for playing hard (yes Virginia, football is a rough game, it's not knitting class) but don't suspend Tom Brady for one minute for being involved in cheating scandal(s).

Maybe if Beckham changes his name to Brady he gets a pass?

tucker6
12-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Yes, suspend Beckham for playing hard (yes Virginia, football is a rough game, it's not knitting class) but don't suspend Tom Brady for one minute for being involved in cheating scandal(s).

Maybe if Beckham changes his name to Brady he gets a pass?
I don't hear anyone but you and Giants fans defending Beckham. He WILL get a game suspension, and then he'll officially be known as a dirty player. Not like he hasn't been chippy before, but he 'elevated' his game yesterday. Now the whole league knows that if you want to take Beckham out of the game, slap him around. Your take on Beckham motivating his team is hilarious. He did nothing of the sort. It was more Carolina shooting itself in the foot with bad play and conservative play than anything the Giants really did.

Stillriledup
12-21-2015, 07:46 AM
I don't hear anyone but you and Giants fans defending Beckham. He WILL get a game suspension, and then he'll officially be known as a dirty player. Not like he hasn't been chippy before, but he 'elevated' his game yesterday. Now the whole league knows that if you want to take Beckham out of the game, slap him around. Your take on Beckham motivating his team is hilarious. He did nothing of the sort. It was more Carolina shooting itself in the foot with bad play and conservative play than anything the Giants really did.

So the Carolina DB 'slapped him around' and yet Beckham is the dirty player?

You don't seem to understand Beckhams affect on the flow of the game, there's a reason Carolina 'shot itself in the foot' the Beckham feud knocked Carol off their game,it wasn't hard to see.

The Carolina DB had 2 or more cheap shots on Odell, but I guess you missed those.

tucker6
12-21-2015, 10:05 AM
So the Carolina DB 'slapped him around' and yet Beckham is the dirty player?

You don't seem to understand Beckhams affect on the flow of the game, there's a reason Carolina 'shot itself in the foot' the Beckham feud knocked Carol off their game,it wasn't hard to see.

The Carolina DB had 2 or more cheap shots on Odell, but I guess you missed those.
Didn't miss a thing. Watched the entire game. The NFL will be out with its one game suspension of Beckham shortly. I guess they are out to get him too.

Beckham played like garbage yesterday. 7 catches for 76 yards, including one 40 yarder. So 6 for 36 yards. Wow. Scary numbers. He also had two drops, 3 PF's, 2 PI's, one fumble, and a partridge in a pear tree.

His play was uninspiring to say the least. His penalties killed the Giants. After accounting for his penalty yards, he netted 11 yards on the day. Go get 'em killer. :lol:

Edit to add that I am not a fan of either team, nor do I follow the NFC much at all.

ronsmac
12-21-2015, 11:08 AM
It made for a very entertaining game. For a small guy Beckham is tough. Those were some serious scuffles.

Stillriledup
12-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Didn't miss a thing. Watched the entire game. The NFL will be out with its one game suspension of Beckham shortly. I guess they are out to get him too.

Beckham played like garbage yesterday. 7 catches for 76 yards, including one 40 yarder. So 6 for 36 yards. Wow. Scary numbers. He also had two drops, 3 PF's, 2 PI's, one fumble, and a partridge in a pear tree.

His play was uninspiring to say the least. His penalties killed the Giants. After accounting for his penalty yards, he netted 11 yards on the day. Go get 'em killer. :lol:

Edit to add that I am not a fan of either team, nor do I follow the NFC much at all.

The nfl issuing a fine/suspension means nothing coming from them. They're suspending Sean Payton 1 year but Brady and Belichick get zero minutes suspensions for TWO scandals ask yourself if you really think what the league does suspension wise matters. Morton or Norman struck Beckham at least twice in the head with forearm blows that were intending to injure, maybe you missed those?

cj
12-21-2015, 01:23 PM

How can you just eliminate the 4th down catch that tied the game like it didn't happen? That was a great play.

The guy is 22. He'll pay the price for what he did and he'll get better. He did some dumb things, but I like the fire he showed. It woke up the rest of the team.

Stillriledup
12-21-2015, 02:11 PM

I have to question your comment about his 'uninspiring' play. 7 catches for 76 yards isn't the worst game anyone has ever had, but maybe the bar has been set high enough where 7/76/1 is 'garbage' I'm sure he will take that as a compliment.

As far as his passion having zero affect on the comeback, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

tucker6
12-21-2015, 04:14 PM
suspended one game

cj
12-21-2015, 04:20 PM
suspended one game

Sure to be appealed, no real precedent for a suspension there.

Stillriledup
12-21-2015, 05:13 PM
suspended one game

One more than Brady and Belichick combined got. But I guess the movie 'concussion' was made and the movie 'spy gate' was not.

cj
12-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Sure to be appealed, no real precedent for a suspension there.

Overturned.

(or maybe not, initial reports proving shaky right now)

tucker6
12-23-2015, 02:07 PM
Overturned.

(or maybe not, initial reports proving shaky right now)
His hearing started at noon. Hard to believe it would be overturned DURING the meeting.

PhantomOnTour
12-23-2015, 02:39 PM
This one game suspension is well deserved, whether it's overturned or not.
Beckham hurled himself headfirst and nailed Norman in the earhole. The intent was obvious and the outcome could have been far worse.

If Goodell wants to look at Norman's behavior & fine and/or suspend him, well that's a good idea also.
But Beckham's ban should stand.

tucker6
12-23-2015, 05:54 PM
suspension upheld

rgustafson
12-23-2015, 06:12 PM
So much for Jaworski's B.S. tweet. It seems there is always someone like that who wants to be the first with the big scoop just to show everyone what an "insider" he is. :(

tucker6
12-23-2015, 06:18 PM
So much for Jaworski's B.S. tweet. It seems there is always someone like that who wants to be the first with the big scoop just to show everyone what an "insider" he is. :(
Yeah, I think he may finally lose his job over this one. Remember his statement that Kaeperick would be the greatest QB of all time!!! He got demoted after that one. Nothing against him, but he comes across as desperate.

cj
12-23-2015, 06:22 PM

Yeah, and now he is trying to pretend he didn't do it by deleting the Tweet...yeah, that will work. Nobody noticed.

Valuist
12-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Enough is enough. I listen to Sirius/XM on the ride to and from work. On Tuesday and Wednesday I couldn't listen to the sports talk. It was all rehashing the Beckham stuff from last weekend. Sorry but that's rear view mirror stuff. I understand it on Monday, but by Tuesday, its old news. Who wants to keep hearing about it?