PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Race 1

bello
12-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Everyone who bets the Big A knows the inside speed will dominate,=.

Race 1 , a complete family affair with a 2-5 shot. The 6 goes to the top in a 23.4 quarter from the outside folks, And yes. this was a sprint. Everyone else takes hold.

I'll take my minor league tracks to bet any day of the week.

You guys can have this nonsense.

Stillriledup
12-19-2015, 12:59 PM
So wait, you mean there was a race at a major NY track where jocks didn't aggressively race ? That has to be a first as their colony is specifically known to really mix it up, shocking.

RunDustyRun
12-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Jose Ortiz has quickly become my least favorite jockey on any circuit...absolutely strangled the favorite, only gets brave when his brother gives him the lead....I'll take the SoCal jockey colony any day over these guys, at least you know they're trying to win

Kash$
12-19-2015, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=RunDustyRun]Jose Ortiz has quickly become my least favorite jockey on any circuit...absolutely strangled the favorite, only gets brave when his brother gives him the lead....I'll take the SoCal jockey colony any day over these guys, at least you know they're trying to win[/QUOTE

Aqueduct is Jose and Irad's playground for the Winter.They all must play nice in the sandbox.

no breathalyzer
12-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Jose Ortiz shits the bed a lot out there.. only rides well with gas

RunForTheRoses
12-19-2015, 03:10 PM
The horse was 9/5 in his last race against the same, set the pace that day, was an overlay.

bello
12-19-2015, 03:21 PM
The horse was 9/5 in his last race against the same, set the pace that day, was an overlay.

Not the point of the comment or the thread. Point is 23.4 1/4 for the sprint.That is why it is Yonkers North. Line ups galore. This is not racing. It's an exposition.

bello
12-19-2015, 03:26 PM
ce 7. Race has a ton of speed.2-4-8 all yank out of the gate. #1 crawls along for the lead and wins easy. Yeah I know, rail bias, overlay all the nonsense, but why don't some others get hustled along for position. These races are over 5 steps from the starting gate,. Good old conveyor belt racing at its best. Only problem is, that is what killed harness racing.

ultracapper
12-19-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't play NYRA, but I'm going to watch the remainder of the card just so I can relate to what you guys are talking about.

Stillriledup
12-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Funny how nobody came in this thread and said 'WAIT, that's not an accurate portrayal of Jose Ortiz, the Ortiz Bros or NYRA racing in general'

The silence from anyone who might want to defend these guys is deafening.

azeri98
12-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I can't bet a 2-5 shot in a claiming race, that's asking to lose money, ya the pace was on the slow side but we are not talking about great horses here. Harness racing has way more horses that go gate to wire than T-breds.

bello
12-19-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't play NYRA, but I'm going to watch the remainder of the card just so I can relate to what you guys are talking about.

Well I hope race 8 gave you the precise sense as what we are talking about. Another lonesome speed horse.

And folks, please, I know all about 2-5 shots and favorites last week and all of the reasons to play and not play horses.

This thread is about lone speed horses in every race including those that project a speed dual. It is also about nepotism, too many relatives and very close friends not competing in a manner suitable for racing,

ultracapper
12-19-2015, 03:57 PM
That was an honest pace the winner set in the 8th. Can't blame the 2nd flight for waiting a little in that particular race. The winner clicked off 24s to the 1/8th pole.

bello
12-19-2015, 03:58 PM
I can't bet a 2-5 shot in a claiming race, that's asking to lose money, ya the pace was on the slow side but we are not talking about great horses here. Harness racing has way more horses that go gate to wire than T-breds.
Not at Aqueduct in the winter. It's follow the leader.

bello
12-19-2015, 04:01 PM
That was an honest pace the winner set in the 8th. Can't blame the 2nd flight for waiting a little in that particular race. The winner clicked off 24s to the 1/8th pole.

The 4 had the inside position to set the pace at 1-1. He has sprinter speed and gave the race away as he had to close off the rail which will not happen on today's track. Another lone speed winner.

ultracapper
12-19-2015, 04:03 PM
I don't know the horses well enough. Had no idea what to expect, such as the 4's running style.

bello
12-19-2015, 04:11 PM
No doubt ultra and dont take my comments wrong. On a normal track I agree with you, and one would think that the inside bias should make things easier to handicap. But unlike some other tracks I play where you can predict who will be on the front, the Big A is a total guessing game. When you handicap a horse to be on the lead, including for instance #4 last race. most of the time the jock takes back. Not just me talking but in Migliores pre race analysys he deemed the 4 as the controlling speed. That is why he was odds on. The track is an obvious speed track and the 4 should have been the lone speed. Instead he Carmouche takes back.

Now lets look at race 9, The 3 6 and 9 all have sprinter speed. But only one will clear and the other will take back. And it is also quite possible tha a horse with no speed will clear and the 369 will take back. Impossible to read minds here.

bello
12-19-2015, 04:24 PM
So shockingly a stalker won race 9. Must be a full moon as the 9 cleared for the easy early lead and stopped cold top of the lane.

ultracapper
12-19-2015, 04:27 PM
I would imagine the issues would be much more pronounced in the sprint races. Probably more so as the class of the field increased. There hasn't been a 23.4 in any race shorter than 6 1/2 furlongs at the SoCal tracks I play in years. You could go weeks of reading the form before you'd find a 23.4 first quarter at 6 furlongs at a SoCal track.

bello
12-19-2015, 04:34 PM
I would imagine the issues would be much more pronounced in the sprint races. Probably more so as the class of the field increased. There hasn't been a 23.4 in any race shorter than 6 1/2 furlongs at the SoCal tracks I play in years. You could go weeks of reading the form before you'd find a 23.4 first quarter at 6 furlongs at a SoCal track.

My point exactly...and BTW, I typically don't play NY racing. As mentioned I am a bullring/minor league player for reasons to lengthy to get into. But I will confess I do dip a toe into the Big A inner track when the meet opens because I like being advantage by biases as the in for the last two days. But I never jump in because I for one just am not smart enough to knoe who will clear for the rail and lead. Looks obvious, make my bet. look up and someone else is on the lead. If there are "cappers who can figure out who will jump to the top on this track, get it while the getting is good. Nit sure it is possible though IMO if you are not an insider, and since I know longer live anywhere near ny racing....

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 08:55 AM
I can't believe the nerve, gall, guts and outright balls all of you have attacking the integrity of the NYRA jockey colony.

I am sure it is pure coincidence that in 2 steps we can all see who the designated boy is in each race.

I am sure it is pure coincidence that when there are 3 speeds, 2 decide to practice rating today. After all, where else would a horse be taught to rate but in a live horse race.

Irad and Jose have never done a thing on the track that has caused anyone to pause and say: What was that about?

I think everyone who has said a negative word should apologize.

Man.......I just wanted to see what it felt like to actually try and defend these rodeo clowns. I had a terribly hard time even typing the aforementioned words as a JOKE. These guys are a disease to the sport and will continue to drive people away and handle away.

paddy79
12-20-2015, 09:15 AM
My point exactly...and BTW, I typically don't play NY racing. As mentioned I am a bullring/minor league player for reasons to lengthy to get into. ....

Please do get into them

What tracks do you play and why? I know you're a fan of finger lakes and I think mahoning valley?

And I agree there is nothing more frustrating than a jockey costing you a race when you picked the best horse and really should have won.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 09:21 AM
I can't believe the nerve, gall, guts and outright balls all of you have attacking the integrity of the NYRA jockey colony.

I am sure it is pure coincidence that in 2 steps we can all see who the designated boy is in each race.

I am sure it is pure coincidence that when there are 3 speeds, 2 decide to practice rating today. After all, where else would a horse be taught to rate but in a live horse race.

Irad and Jose have never done a thing on the track that has caused anyone to pause and say: What was that about?

I think everyone who has said a negative word should apologize.

Man.......I just wanted to see what it felt like to actually try and defend these rodeo clowns. I had a terribly hard time even typing the aforementioned words as a JOKE. These guys are a disease to the sport and will continue to drive people away and handle away.

Some of these NYRA jocks should received the David Flores suspension...

Jockey David Flores has been given a one-year suspension in Singapore for failing to “obtain the best possible placing” in a race Feb.

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Some of these NYRA jocks should received the David Flores suspension...

Jockey David Flores has been given a one-year suspension in Singapore for failing to “obtain the best possible placing” in a race Feb.

That makes a ton of sense but....

1) Do we even have that rule in NY? (I'm being serious)

2) Does anyone in authority actually care about the integrity of racing?

3) I can't prove it but it has crossed my mind that the stewards have motivation to look the other way.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 09:35 AM
That makes a ton of sense but....

1) Do we even have that rule in NY? (I'm being serious)

2) Does anyone in authority actually care about the integrity of racing?

3) I can't prove it but it has crossed my mind that the stewards have motivation to look the other way.

1)-No
2)-No
3)-Stewards :lol:

no breathalyzer
12-20-2015, 10:01 AM
You guys are over blowing this topic.. you gonna save horse for the stretch run Mang :D

Kash$
12-20-2015, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=RunDustyRun]Jose Ortiz has quickly become my least favorite jockey on any circuit...absolutely strangled the favorite, only gets brave when his brother gives him the lead....I'll take the SoCal jockey colony any day over these guys, at least you know they're trying to win[/QUOTE

Aqueduct is Jose and Irad's playground for the Winter.They all must play nice in the sandbox.

Ortiz bros 1-2 first 3 races.. :lol:

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Kash$]

Ortiz bros 1-2 first 3 races.. :lol:

Makes you wonder why elite jocks are riding in these races on the inner track when they could make a nice living at Gulfstream in the warmer weather.

Fascinating stuff.

andtheyreoff
12-20-2015, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=Kash$]

Makes you wonder why elite jocks are riding in these races on the inner track when they could make a nice living at Gulfstream in the warmer weather.

Fascinating stuff.

It's not really fascinating when you consider that the purses at Aqueduct are bigger than those at Gulfstream.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=Stillriledup]

It's not really fascinating when you consider that the purses at Aqueduct are bigger than those at Gulfstream.

The weather is better in Florida, Pletcher is there as are derby horses, neither guy 'needs the money' so there must be some other reason they're in NY. Both of them no less.

chenoa
12-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Why go down south when the 'boys' can be major manipulators at the Big A.

SandyW
12-20-2015, 03:51 PM
You guys are over blowing this topic.. you gonna save horse for the stretch run Mang :D

I think sometimes that they are saving their horse for their next start.
NRYA has become bush league racing with stewards looking the other way while the public suffers.

paddy79
12-20-2015, 05:47 PM
They are running te show at aquaduct and can get away with what they are doing. wouldn't happen at gulfstream

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2015, 01:08 AM
Do the people posting in this thread even believe half the stuff they type?

v j stauffer
12-21-2015, 05:03 AM
Do the people posting in this thread even believe half the stuff they type?

YES

EMD4ME
12-21-2015, 07:25 AM
Connections of Behrnik's Bank do ;)

Jingle
12-21-2015, 08:18 AM
The horse ran 5th by 15 lengths in his last start at a Mile back in Oct as a beaten favorite. He was dropping back to 6F at the same level but he has had 3 layoffs in his 6 races. Maybe something to consider.

cj
12-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Just FYI for what it is worth, run up was only 12 feet for the 6f races at Aqu on 12-19. Short run up is typical for this distance, but 12 is the shortest that has been used since an 8 foot run up in March of 2012.

cj
12-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Here is a screenshot of the TimeformUS Preview Page for the race, tells a little different story too. The Blue on the Pace Projector indicates the race is predicted to favor horses on/near the early lead, which means we didn't see much speed in the race.

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2016, 02:51 PM
It's over folks. I've instructed all moderators to immediately delete any future threads, replies or posts which explicitly accuse any jockey/trainer/owner of fixing a race or "stiffing" a horse.

I'm done. I'm not going to take any heat for you idiots who don't know how to word your posts or who just don't care, and think you can write anything you'd like on here. You can't.

F ING A - this whole nonsense has gotten BEYOND ponderous....