PDA

View Full Version : NY Times Deletes Quote to Help Obama Save Face

Saratoga_Mike
12-19-2015, 09:32 AM
"In his meeting with the columnists, Mr. Obama indicated that he did not see enough cable television to fully appreciate the anxiety after the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, and made clear that he plans to step up his public arguments. Republicans were telling Americans that he is not doing anything when he is doing a lot, he said."

The above quote was contained in the first online version of this story at the nytimes.com. The paper went to print and it disappeared. Space constraints? Nope, the first version was shorter than the final edited version. In addition, the title of the story was changed no fewer than four times, with each version shifting the focus to the harshness of GOP critics away from Obama's cluelessness.

What's worse here: Obama admitting that he doesn't watch enough cable TV to understand concerns about terrorism in the US? He needs cable TV to understand this concern??? Or the NY Times covering it up?

MostPost et al will reflexively defend the NY Times by saying how online stories are often edited multiple times. True, but it's for content and accuracy, not an editorial decision to help Obama save face. Shameful.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-18/new-york-times-just-memory-holed-devastating-obama-admission

Tom
12-19-2015, 10:11 AM
"pace considerations" mean "Obama considerations." :lol:

What a box of tools the NYT is. I remember back when they had integrity.
Now that is old! :lol:

boxcar
12-19-2015, 10:18 AM
"pace considerations" mean "Obama considerations." :lol:

What a box of tools the NYT is. I remember back when they had integrity.
Now that is old! :lol:

So are you, if you remember that far back! :D

Tom
12-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Ah, Boxcar, those fond memories of my innocent youth.....

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Superman, the NY Times is honest...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OntheRail
12-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Ah, Boxcar, those fond memories of my innocent youth.....

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Superman, the NY Times is honest...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh back when it was known as The Fifth Estate. When Trust and Honesty ruled the day.

Now it's the Bias Liberal Media... Facts be damned.. If it Bleeds, it Leads.

classhandicapper
12-19-2015, 01:05 PM
If ISIS was exclusively bombing Washington and the main stream media most Americans would probably welcome the refugees. ;)

mostpost
12-19-2015, 03:58 PM
"In his meeting with the columnists, Mr. Obama indicated that he did not see enough cable television to fully appreciate the anxiety after the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, and made clear that he plans to step up his public arguments. Republicans were telling Americans that he is not doing anything when he is doing a lot, he said."

The above quote was contained in the first online version of this story at the nytimes.com. The paper went to print and it disappeared. Space constraints? Nope, the first version was shorter than the final edited version. In addition, the title of the story was changed no fewer than four times, with each version shifting the focus to the harshness of GOP critics away from Obama's cluelessness.

What's worse here: Obama admitting that he doesn't watch enough cable TV to understand concerns about terrorism in the US? He needs cable TV to understand this concern??? Or the NY Times covering it up?

MostPost et al will reflexively defend the NY Times by saying how online stories are often edited multiple times. True, but it's for content and accuracy, not an editorial decision to help Obama save face. Shameful.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-18/new-york-times-just-memory-holed-devastating-obama-admission
Mostpost isn't going to say anything about the editing of online stories, because he has no knowledge of any of that. I will say that Obama should have said that he does not watch enough cable television to aware of the extent of fear mongering engaged in by the right, and that he felt he could better use his time in protecting the country and responding to the attacks rather than engaging in dialogue with fools.

Tom
12-19-2015, 04:29 PM
I will say that Obama should have said that he does not watch enough cable television to aware of the extent of fear mongering engaged in by the right, and that he felt he could better use his time in protecting the country and responding to the attacks rather than engaging in dialogue with fools.

What he needs to do is act BEFORE the attacks instead of responding to them.
With all the carnage over the last few weeks, those who are using the term fear mongering are disgusting partisan little weasels. DPW. Your boy is an idiot and you know it. 600,000 school kids send home in LA and Ass Hat had no idea?

Why is it that Obama never has a clue about anything going on in the country?

TBD
12-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Maybe he is just thinking. Maybe his thoughts take along time to complete. You know, years. I do not know, give me a year or two, I will think about it.

PhantomOnTour
12-19-2015, 09:27 PM
What he needs to do is act BEFORE the attacks instead of responding to them.
With all the carnage over the last few weeks, those who are using the term fear mongering are disgusting partisan little weasels. DPW. Your boy is an idiot and you know it. 600,000 school kids send home in LA and Ass Hat had no idea?

Why is it that Obama never has a clue about anything going on in the country?
Now now Tommy Malice...he did stop that whacko a few blocks from you right?...as you mentioned in the thread you started.
I guess he had a clue about that.

Nutz and Boltz
12-19-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm hoping that it could be that the Prez is playing it low-key because there is something big in the works and he doesn't want to tip anything off. Just sayin'

Tom
12-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Now now Tommy Malice...he did stop that whacko a few blocks from you right?...as you mentioned in the thread you started.
I guess he had a clue about that.

Come on, me all know HE had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:
HIS plan has to do with giving Iran nukes, billions of dollars, and releasing GIMO prisoners. Oh, yes, and golf.
:lol:

Saratoga_Mike
12-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Mostpost isn't going to say anything about the editing of online stories, because he has no knowledge of any of that. I will say that Obama should have said that he does not watch enough cable television to aware of the extent of fear mongering engaged in by the right, and that he felt he could better use his time in protecting the country and responding to the attacks rather than engaging in dialogue with fools.

Anyone who doesn't support Obama is a fool? You might want to check out Obama's polling on the national security issue with independents. Except for the bitter partisans, like yourself, the American people have close to no confidence in Obama on the national security issue, relative to predecessors. You keep telling yourself it's FoxNews watchers.

Tom
12-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Even the partisan bozos on CNN were laughing at the Times today.

Hoofless_Wonder
12-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Anyone who thinks Obama is using any of his time to PROTECT the country is, well, not paying attention.

rastajenk
12-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Fear-mongering from the right, you say, Mr. Postie?

The ultimates in fear-mongering, except for the coming Climate Change Catastrophe, which is sui generis, are Hitler comparisons and the Goldwater itchy nuclear trigger finger. I don't think I need to identify which side of the aisle those are currently coming from, do I?

Tom
12-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Fear-mongering to a democrat means pointing out the failures or not agreeing with them.

On the right, we call it reality.

btw, mostie has immunity to reality.:D

Saratoga_Mike
12-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Obama uses harsh language against ISIS, calling ISIS "nasty."

“This is a serious challenge — ISIS is a virulent, nasty organization that has gained a foothold in ungoverned spaces effectively in Syria and parts of western Iraq,” Mr. Obama said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/22/us/politics/president-obama-accuses-donald-trump-of-exploiting-working-class-fears.html?ref=politics