PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Friday, December 18

Teach
12-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Race One:

:3: Quibbler is a well-bred, highly-priced 3 year-old Bellamy Road-bred chestnut filly. She did nothing in her last in this company after getting caught up in a speed duel. A chance to make amends as the second-choice two-to-one choice in her last. This filly, in the past, has done well on the lawn. I believe that can translate into a winning effort on what I believe will be a residual moisture-laden Aqueduct main. Jose Ortiz reprises the ride for trainer Bruce Levine. The only proverbial "fly in the ointment" is the fact that this filly has been away from the races for over 50 days.

Others: :7: , :4:, :5:

Race Two:

:6: Little Gidding is my choice in this maiden-claiming sprint. This A.P. Indy-bred is my value pick in a race that features a prohibitive, and I might add, likely overbet stick-out. Foist (Brooklyn talk), I like that fact that this Mineshaft-bred has drawn the outside post. Second, I still believe that “the Puerto Rican Caballero,” Eric Cancel, (I can’t believe he still has his *) has a strong future as a jockey. This filly has taken to a wet track like a duck takes to water, i.e., three wins in seven tries. Karl Grusmark (I remember Karl when he was one of the leading trainers at Suffolk Downs) is this filly’s conditioner. Finally, this filly’s dropping and is also cutting back. Those factors make her “a player”.
Others: :2: , :6: , :5:

Race Three:

I’m gonna try to beat the likely favorite in this OC New York state-bred route. I’m going with :4: Here Comes Rosie. This Arazi-bred filly was overmatched in a state-bred non-graded stakes about a month ago. She’s now entered here with the kind she can handle. The one-panel-plus stretch-out should help (she won here only race at seven panels). She has solid wet-track breeding, e.g., Yes It’s True, etc. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is one of the most savvy jockeys riding at “The Big A”. The filly’s trainer, Jeremiah Englehart, will need to get “off the schneid”. This may well be the day. A recent solid four-panel work signals readiness.

Others: :2: , :1: , :5:

Race Four:

:1: Bunyaan is my selection in a tough-to-handicap, wide-open, maiden-claiming route. You don’t have to know “Babe, The Blue Ox” to realize that this Invasor-bred colt has a solid chance of getting his picture taken in Aqueduct’s winner’s circle. This colt is stretching out a couple panels from a sprint in which he couldn’t get his act together and find his best stride. I believe that – with the added distance of ground – and what I believe will be a strong turn of foot, that this colt can get the job done. The ever-improving Dylan Davis is in the irons for one NYRA’s most accomplished trainers, Kiaran McLaughlin. McLaughlin wins at a 28% rate with first-time Lasix. He also does well in most racing categories. Finally, this colt should relish any moisture.

Others: :6: , :3:, :10:

Race Five:

:6: Irish Heroine, a 3 year-old grey Street Cry-bred filly, is my choice in this MSW state-bred sprint. Admittedly, there are question marks. This filly has been away from the races for more than a year. Why? Yet, she’s performed well in her only two pari-mutuel starts, a second at “The Spa” and a third in Finger Lakes, “The Lady Finger” non-graded stakes. Yes, I’m in a quandary. This filly, if ready, has the potential to get all the enchiladas. Yet, I’m not quite sure… Watch her on the track. Watch her on the tote. What’s a given are the riding skills of Eric Cancel and the training ability Ed Barker.

Others: :4: , :1: , :2:

As Mal Z. Lawrence used to say, (I'm saving my remaining picks) "for later". Frankly, it's just that I've simply run out of time.

Good Luck. Big early Pick-5.

Teach
12-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Race Six:

:3: Pin and Win

Others: :7: , :1: , :6:

Race Seven:

:5: Divine Child

Others: :2: , :8: , :7:

Race Eight:

:2: Autumn Squall

Others: :8: , :1: , :5: