PDA

View Full Version : Trump talks, things happen - 34 Muslim nation coalition

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 01:07 PM
I guess they really are frightened of being shut out of the US after all:

Muslim nations form coalition to fight terror, call Islamic extremism 'disease'

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/middleeast/islamic-coalition-isis-saudi-arabia/

I hope Trump takes credit for this tonight...he should...

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 01:16 PM
I guess they really are frightened of being shut out of the US after all:

Muslim nations form coalition to fight terror, call Islamic extremism 'disease'

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/middleeast/islamic-coalition-isis-saudi-arabia/

I hope Trump takes credit for this tonight...he should...

:lol:

Al Gore invented the internet too...

woodtoo
12-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Trump has now taken the lead in the fight against muslim terrorism having more clout and leadership than the President. Obama speaks and the people groan, tonight's debate is setting up to be a State of the Union speech for
Trump. Especially after the school shutdown in Cali.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 01:20 PM
:lol:

Al Gore invented the internet too...No sir...Trump once again brings issues to the forefront. Forget 9/11...Paris...San Bernardino...and all the other terror attacks that never brought about something like this from the Muslim world (yes, they joined US-led coalitions...but have they ever tried to form their own to combat terrorism? Led by Saudi Arabia no less? I don't think so.)

It was Trump threatening to shut Muslims out of the US that made the Saudis stand up and take notice. After they called him despicable of course. That was a laugh riot coming from a country like Saudi Arabia and their treatment of women and non-heterosexuals.

Mark my words. We've seen it played out many times during the campaign. Trump talks, the world listens.

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 01:26 PM
No sir...Trump once again brings issues to the forefront. Forget 9/11...Paris...San Bernardino...and all the other terror attacks that never brought about something like this from the Muslim world (yes, they joined US-led coalitions...but have they ever tried to form their own to combat terrorism? Led by Saudi Arabia no less? I don't think so.)

It was Trump threatening to shut Muslims out of the US that made the Saudis stand up and take notice. After they called him despicable of course. That was a laugh riot coming from a country like Saudi Arabia and their treatment of women and non-heterosexuals.

Mark my words. We've seen it played out many times during the campaign. Trump talks, the world listens.

Do you also sell bridges?

lamboguy
12-15-2015, 01:31 PM
we are very fortunate to have Trump. look at the other turkeys on the stage tonight and you will appreciate him even more.

woodtoo
12-15-2015, 01:36 PM
we are very fortunate to have Trump. look at the other turkeys on the stage tonight and you will appreciate him even more.
You are so right. I'm afraid to think what they would even debate if Trump
wasn't there to lead..

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 01:39 PM

I know... I know... he's our savior...

The cult of personality on here for the man is fantastic.

"We are fortunate to have" the Donald.

"You will (not should) appreciate" the Donald.

"Trump [the Donald] made that coalition happen."

"When he [the Donald] talks the world listens."

I could go to other threads and find some more of these gems as they are everywhere but with a sample size of 3 posts I feel I've made my point.

You all would great make subjects in North Korea...

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 01:41 PM
We've had a lot of practice watching others genuflect to our DEAR LEADER Obama.

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 01:47 PM
We've had a lot of practice watching others genuflect to our DEAR LEADER Obama.

So that makes it okay right?...

For consistencies sake...

Now WE did it?!!?!?....

Is he blaming us now?...

;)

On a side note, and this isn't against Obama, but does anyone find the cult of personality vibes from the crowd a little disconcerting?

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 01:50 PM
So that makes it okay right?...The line between OK and not OK has been severely blurred these days (mostly by the left when it comes to ALL things), so I'm not quite sure how to answer that question in a politically correct manner.

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 01:59 PM
The line between OK and not OK has been severely blurred these days (mostly by the left when it comes to ALL things), so I'm not quite sure how to answer that question in a politically correct manner.

Yes!

Its the left's fault that to some on here Donald Trump has morphed into some mythical, all-knowing, dragon-riding, gold armor wearing, soothe-saying, paladin knight of all that is just and good...

I'll fetch a pillow to begin kneeling as well...

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 02:01 PM

I could go to other threads and find some more of these gems as they are everywhere but with a sample size of 3 posts I feel I've made my point.

Don't worry. All this euphoria surrounding Trump will come to a swift end when he gracefully bows out of the election, before too long. Then this place here will become a ghost-town...just as it was after the last presidential election.

You should have seen the euphoria which the exact same posters here expressed about Romney as the last election grew near. The same wild optimism...the same postings about convincing poll results...and the same mocking for those with a different opinion. And then the official results were in...and I came to this site to see what the general mood would be. There was more noise in a funeral home.

I expect something similar this time...

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Yes!

Its the left's fault that to some on here Donald Trump has morphed into some mythical, all-knowing, dragon-riding, gold armor wearing, soothe-saying, paladin knight of all that is just and good...

I'll fetch a pillow to begin kneeling as well...

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:Bush begat Obama...Obama begat Trump.

Tom
12-15-2015, 02:03 PM
I think if you check, right after the last presidential election I kicked into high gear for a few months.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Don't worry. All this euphoria surrounding Trump will come to a swift end when he gracefully bows out of the election, before too long. Then this place here will become a ghost-town...just as it was after the last presidential election.

You should have seen the euphoria which the exact same posters here expressed about Romney as the last election grew near. The same optimism...the same postings about convincing poll results...and the same mocking for those with a different opinion. And then the official results were in...and I came to this site to see what the general mood would be. There was more noise in a funeral home.

I expect something similar this time...Well, you're wrong. I say that with peace and love.

There was nowhere near euphoria for Romney. And I counter that there is no euphoria for Trump. What there is is a backlash against the hyperbole that seeks to tear him down. So tired of that shit. Same hyperbole that sought (and was successful) in tearing down Romney.

For some reason, Democrats can't be torn down, no matter their sins of deed or sins of word. Interesting how that works. So much is brushed under the rug when it comes to Obama...Clinton...hell, even Congressional hearings are spun into stories of success, bravery and heroism in the face of all those evil old white men Republicans sitting up there grilling the poor old lady... :lol:

Anyway, let the exaggerations continue....from both sides.

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 02:05 PM
I think if you check, right after the last presidential election I kicked into high gear for a few months.
No...I think you took a little break, for the shock to wear off. :)

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Bush begat Obama...Obama begat Trump.

Yes because that is cause and effect.

This is "hero/idol worship." Literally, this actual thread is that...

Very different things. You and many, including myself, were critical of people doing it for Obama but now its okay?...

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:10 PM
You think my thread is hero worship? :lol:

Trump isn't my hero. Far from it. What I like about Trump is that he speaks unfiltered. I like it about Chris Christie as well. I liked it about Rick Dutrow on the racing side...I like people, who when the speak, you know they aren't trying to do some song and dance to please every single person who might be hearing them...

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 02:13 PM

You're wrong here. There was very little if any cult of personality with the Romney campaign or his supporters. On here and out on the ground. Comparisons to the type of support and adoration Romney got versus Obama or what Trump is getting right now is sheer lunacy.

Romney lost because of it.

Cult of personality is very dangerous and a responsible person would call it out on either side... PA has his "begat" comment well Hitler begat them all... I know, I know, Nazi Germany reference... *boo* *hiss*

The point is its scary.

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM

This thread is basically a thank you letter to a presidential hopeful because something happened in the world that he had ZERO involvement in...

There is a documentary where western doctors go into North Korea and remove cataracts on blind people giving them sight. Their first response is to run up to a portrait of the supreme leader and weep thanking him...

I liken this to that. :cool:

classhandicapper
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM

I'll still be here. My first choice is Cruz. The way I see it, I'm looking pretty good right now. Cruz has a shot to win on his own. If Trump drops out he's going to throw his support to Cruz. Even if Trump wins I'm going to get my guy as VP or better yet, on the Supreme Court. My only bad scenario right now is a Rubio win and that's not a bad scenario.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:17 PM
The point is its scary.Honestly, it's not. And I struggle to see why you would feel that it is...

Is this the same kind of thing way back when, where the anti-Bush Jr. folks, after he "stole" the election from Gore, were warning us he would turn America into a Theocracy since he "took his orders" from up high?

Because if so, then I have absolutely nothing to worry about...you know...regarding Trump being the next Hitler and all that...

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:18 PM
I liken this to that. :cool:Utter nonsense, and the kind of thing that makes me want to create MORE of these threads.

classhandicapper
12-15-2015, 02:20 PM
For some reason, Democrats can't be torn down, no matter their sins of deed or sins of word. Interesting how that works. So much is brushed under the rug when it comes to Obama...Clinton...hell, even Congressional hearings are spun into stories of success, bravery and heroism in the face of all those evil old white men Republicans sitting up there grilling the poor old lady... :lol:

When you dominate the media and public education system other than talk radio, Fox, and the WSJ you have a big advantage.

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Well, you're wrong. I say that with peace and love.

There was nowhere near euphoria for Romney. And I counter that there is no euphoria for Trump. What there is is a backlash against the hyperbole that seeks to tear him down. So tired of that shit. Same hyperbole that sought (and was successful) in tearing down Romney.

For some reason, Democrats can't be torn down, no matter their sins of deed or sins of word. Interesting how that works. So much is brushed under the rug when it comes to Obama...Clinton...hell, even Senate trials are spun into stories of success, bravery and heroism in the face of all those evil old white men Republicans sitting up there grilling the poor old lady... :lol:

Plenty gets brushed under the rug about the Republicans too. An entire war was carried out by a Republican president...and the real reason for it was "brushed under the rug", and remains largely unknown today. The vast majority of the American citizens think that our country went to war with Afganistan and Iraq, because the poor women there were denied the right to drive a car. After all...that's what Oprah was telling them at the time. :rolleyes:

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people died under Bush...and he got to gloriously ride away into the sunset, without being taken to task for the consequences of his actions. And Bush is joining Tony Robbins on the stage today...talking about "positive thinking", and "success". :ThmbUp:

There is plenty of "brushing under the rug" taking place on BOTH sides, my friend. Make no mistake about that.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:27 PM
You're right...Bush's alcohol habit and possible cocaine use was never an issue...his military service record was never questioned...his "I talk to God" comments were never criticized...his college grades and work were never scrutinized...

Just like Obama, whose documented cocaine and pot use was pretty much glorified, his lack of military service wasn't even a blip on the radar, HE WAS taken to task for the church he attended - I give you that one, and his college record is still sealed...

PS. If you didn't realize it, I'm talking about Bush the candidate...your reply was more about Bush the president and post-president....not very applicable to what I'm writing about.

classhandicapper
12-15-2015, 02:27 PM
The Hitler comparison is just plain stupid.

Hitler killed millions and was responsible for the death of 10s of millions more. Most of what he did was outlined in Mein Kampf before he even did it.

Trump has cracked a few politically incorrect jokes about women, generalized about Mexicans, and called for banning all Muslim immigration instead if just making a list of the countries. He's a jerk sometimes, but he's not Hitler for God's sake.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:29 PM
Come on class...it's a slippery slope don't you know?

First you tell foreigners of Muslim faith they can't enter the country for a little while...the next thing you know you're loading up rail cars and digging death pits.

Happened with Jimmy Carter back in the 70s...oh wait a minute.... :bang:

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 02:29 PM
Utter nonsense, and the kind of thing that makes me want to create MORE of these threads.
As if you needed an excuse...

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 02:32 PM
You're right...Bush's alcohol habit and possible cocaine use was never an issue...his military service record was never questioned...his "I talk to God" comments were never criticized...his college grades and work were never scrutinized...

Just like Obama, whose documented cocaine and pot use was pretty much glorified, his lack of military service wasn't even a blip on the radar, HE WAS taken to task for the church he attended - I give you that one, and his college record is still sealed...

PS. If you didn't realize it, I'm talking about Bush the candidate...your reply was more about Bush the president and post-president....not very applicable to what I'm writing about.
Have you ever given to us your opinion about Bush the PRESIDENT? I honestly don't remember.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 02:32 PM
But I'm a hero worshiper...how could this have escaped you?

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 02:36 PM
The Hitler comparison is just plain stupid.

Trump is a jerk sometimes, but he's not Hitler for God's sake.
You can't make the Trump-Hitler comparison yet...because Trump is not yet in power. Before Hitler rose to power...he was just a floundering art and architecture student.

Tom
12-15-2015, 02:48 PM
The vast majority of the American citizens think that our country went to war with Afganistan and Iraq, because the poor women there were denied the right to drive a car. After all...that's what Oprah was telling them at the time. :rolleyes:

:confused: Since when?

classhandicapper
12-15-2015, 02:56 PM
You can't make the Trump-Hitler comparison yet...because Trump is not yet in power. Before Hitler rose to power...he was just a floundering art and architecture student.

He was a floundering artist that wrote Mein Kampf and pretty much laid out his view on Jews, the sick, etc..and his vision for Germany. I haven't read it, but I'm going to guess most of the people that voted for him didn't either.

woodtoo
12-15-2015, 03:08 PM
What the heck do you mean by this statement? :confused:

Or is it as simple as the word "yet"

Tom
12-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Hitler's actions started long before he had the majority of his power.
There are many parallels with actions taken by Obama democrats. The reason we cannot allow them now is because we have already seen where they can lead.

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 03:17 PM
He was a floundering artist that wrote Mein Kampf and pretty much laid out his view on Jews, the sick, etc..and his vision for Germany. I haven't read it, but I'm going to guess most of the people that voted for him didn't either.
I read it...and it's a lot different than you think it is (the Amazon readers collectively give it 4 stars). If you haven't read it...then, how do you know what is written there?

But then again, no American has ever read the Koran either...but that doesn't stop them from commenting endlessly about it. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
12-15-2015, 03:19 PM
I read it...and it's a lot different than you think it is (the Amazon readers collectively give it 4 stars). If you haven't read it...then, how do you know what is written there?

But then again, no American has ever read the Koran either...but that doesn't stop them from commenting endlessly about it. :ThmbUp:

Ouch...

Beat me to the punch on this one...

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Sounds like any minute now, Hitler will rise above Trump on the likability scale, if recent posts are any indicator...

ReplayRandall
12-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Guess again......

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Guess again......
Ok..."ONE American has read the Koran"...

woodtoo
12-15-2015, 03:37 PM
If you say so, it must be true. :lol:

ReplayRandall
12-15-2015, 03:40 PM

There were 32 others who also read it during a course in World Theologies. To say there's a source of tension in the Quran concerning 'Iesa (Jesus), which the majority of Americans haven't read and wouldn't know, would then be an accurate statement on your part....

Tom
12-15-2015, 03:42 PM

I saw the movie.

Tom
12-15-2015, 03:43 PM

I haven't even read the Bible.
Don't tell me how it ends.

classhandicapper
12-15-2015, 03:52 PM

I've read summaries of what it says, watched just about every History Channel or other show on the subject I came across, and discussed the topic regularly with a WW2 history buff that I used to work with years ago. I have a strong intellectual curiosity about him, but not enough motivation to actually read the book. Maybe when I retire.

I haven't read the Koran either. I have a friend that worked in the US military who spoke Arabic. He read the Koran. In fact, his job in the military was related to that language skill. He told me all I need to know (as have a few Jewish friends that read it). I don't even want to say publicly what I think but Revelations comes to mind. ;)

thaskalos
12-15-2015, 04:04 PM
There were 32 others who also read it during a course in World Theologies. To say there's a source of tension in the Quran concerning 'Iesa (Jesus), which the majority of Americans haven't read and wouldn't know, would then be an accurate statement on your part....

Alright, Randall...please allow me to revise my statement:

"99.9% of the Americans rely only on the Wikipedia version of the Koran...and yet, they feel qualified to make blanket statements about the 'reckless violence' that this book advocates".

There...I think I got it now.

ReplayRandall
12-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I haven't read the Koran either. I have a friend that worked in the US military who spoke Arabic. He read the Koran. In fact, his job in the military was related to that language skill. He told me all I need to know (as have a few Jewish friends that read it). I don't even want to say publicly what I think but Revelations comes to mind. ;)

Yes, and we've just about arrived at the "Battle" finale.. ;)

Saratoga_Mike
12-15-2015, 04:35 PM

Trump isn't my hero. Far from it. What I like about Trump is that he speaks unfiltered. I like it about Chris Christie as well. I liked it about Rick Dutrow on the racing side...I like people, who when the speak, you know they aren't trying to do some song and dance to please every single person who might be hearing them...

In another thread, you mentioned Carter's ban on Iranians, then you suggested instead of a blanket ban on Muslims, why not use Carter's approach to the issue. You end up with a similar result, but it's handled with some finesse. Your solution was finesse. Why can't Trump deliver his message like you did? Is that too much to ask? I believe you've praised Reagan in the past. I have too. If Reagan were running today, would he use Trump's incendiary language? I know there's the easy fall back of: these are different times, but I can't imagine Reagan using Trump's in-your-face, fit-for-the-WWE approach to delivering his message. I'd vote for you over Trump. God's honest truth.

Greyfox
12-15-2015, 05:01 PM
In another thread, you mentioned Carter's ban on Iranians, then you suggested instead of a blanket ban on Muslims, why not use Carter's approach to the issue. You end up with a similar result, but it's handled with some finesse. Your solution was finesse. Why can't Trump deliver his message like you did? Is that too much to ask?.

Yes, it is too much to ask.
"The Donald" said exactly what he meant when he called for a ban on all Muslims.
If he had said "I'm calling for a ban on immigrants from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and so on, that would have "sugar coated" his offering, but it would NOT have accomplished his goal.
He knows Britain, France, Belgium, large parts of Africa and so on have Muslim terrorists.
His goal was to ban Muslims, and especially Syrian refugees.
So Trump said what his goal was and he certainly knew the knee jerk reaction that many Americans would have.

hcap
12-16-2015, 07:33 AM
So Trump said what his goal was and he certainly knew the knee jerk reaction that many Americans would have.Instead got a gung ho knee-jerk reaction from Islamophobic Americans who spend to much time listening to the rabid and vile Frank Gaffney's and Pam Gellars out there in con la-la land

davew
12-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Yes, it is too much to ask.
"The Donald" said exactly what he meant when he called for a ban on all Muslims.
If he had said "I'm calling for a ban on immigrants from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and so on, that would have "sugar coated" his offering, but it would NOT have accomplished his goal.
He knows Britain, France, Belgium, large parts of Africa and so on have Muslim terrorists.
His goal was to ban Muslims, and especially Syrian refugees.
So Trump said what his goal was and he certainly knew the knee jerk reaction that many Americans would have.

It was not a permanent ban, just until the US figures things out. Like if a K-1 VISA for marriage entry is from someone who is a radical terrorist on facebook and gives a fake address on application, how do we catch that and turn them down.

Tom
12-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Instead got a gung ho knee-jerk reaction from Islamophobic Americans who spend to much time listening to the rabid and vile Frank Gaffney's and Pam Gellars out there in con la-la land

Imagine the gall of those people in California......dying and making Obama look bad!

It is no phobia, Harry, when that entire COULD have been prevented, but OBAMA did not allow anyone to check out social media, where it was BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that the woman was a terrorist. She was vetted 3TIMES by the sniveling coward of a president and got by. So when the POTUS is a terror enabler, of course we have fears. They will pass when we elect a REAL president. So STHU. Your blather has run its course.

davew
12-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Instead got a gung ho knee-jerk reaction from Islamophobic Americans who spend to much time listening to the rabid and vile Frank Gaffney's and Pam Gellars out there in con la-la land

I watched a Pam Gellar interview and do not feel her group 'American Freedom Defense Initiative' is any different than 'Black Lives Matter' or 'Cair'.

Since when did 'politically correct' become 'democrat control' speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UixEQlEx5IQ

hcap
12-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Utter crap. Reminds me of the totally IDIOTIC birther-ism that was so popular here and one of the reasons Obama won 2 times.

Meet Frank Gaffney, the anti-Muslim gadfly who produced Donald Trump’s anti-Muslim poll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/08/meet-frank-gaffney-the-anti-muslim-gadfly-who-produced-donald-trumps-anti-muslim-poll/

In June 2009, shortly after President Obama wrapped up his visits to Saudi Arabia and Egypt, the Washington Times ran an opinion piece suggesting that the newly inaugurated president might be the first to be a Muslim.

hcap
12-16-2015, 08:20 AM
I watched a Pam Gellar interview and do not feel her group 'American Freedom Defense Initiative' is any different than 'Black Lives Matter' or 'Cair'.

Since when did 'politically correct' become 'democrat control' speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UixEQlEx5IQWhat Else should I expect from the righty knee jerkers here?. Gellar as well as Gaffney are ignorant Islamophobic clowns.

Tom
12-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Funny stuff, "knee jerking" being used by Chicken Little himself!

Especially two weeks out from a terror attack by EXACTLY what Trump is talking about.

Wonder how hcap got his immunity to realty?

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2015, 11:52 AM
In another thread, you mentioned Carter's ban on Iranians, then you suggested instead of a blanket ban on Muslims, why not use Carter's approach to the issue. You end up with a similar result, but it's handled with some finesse. Your solution was finesse. Why can't Trump deliver his message like you did? Is that too much to ask? I believe you've praised Reagan in the past. I have too. If Reagan were running today, would he use Trump's incendiary language? I know there's the easy fall back of: these are different times, but I can't imagine Reagan using Trump's in-your-face, fit-for-the-WWE approach to delivering his message. I'd vote for you over Trump. God's honest truth.We are living in different times. To get anyone's attention these days, you have to be in their face practically screaming at them. That's the only way you'll get them to lift their noses off their iPhones/iPads long enough to take notice.

Trump's no idiot and he's been marketing himself forever.

In fact, I dare say this campaign of his he's running is absolute GENIUS. The man knows his shit when it comes to getting people's attention and knowing just how far to go before blowing up completely. So far anyway...

dartman51
12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
We are living in different times. To get anyone's attention these days, you have to be in their face practically screaming at them. That's the only way you'll get them to lift their noses off their iPhones/iPads long enough to take notice.

Trump's no idiot and he's been marketing himself forever.

In fact, I dare say this campaign of his he's running is absolute GENIUS. The man knows his shit when it comes to getting people's attention and knowing just how far to go before blowing up completely. So far anyway...

You're absolutely correct. He mentioned the other day, how little he's spent on his campaign, compared to Bush and others, yet he was leading in all the polls. He knows, every time he makes some 'politically incorrect' comment, that ALL the media will be talking about him, and inviting him on their shows, to talk about it. He is a smart man, not Presidential material, in my opinion, but a smart man, none the less. :ThmbUp:

ponyplayerdotca
12-16-2015, 02:58 PM
I am Canadian and obviously observe your elections from afar. And what I have written here was done so with a calm demeanor and offered simply as my opinion. I invite all feedback and have no animosity toward anyone so please keep that in mind (no matter what you think of my comments if replying). Thank you.

After years of watching the ebbs and flows of American voter swings, the 2016 election so far appears as if it's one of the most important in world history. Contrary to public misconception, the Presidency of the United States is not a POPULARITY contest!

In the eyes of many around the world, the United States has "gone soft". I know that this is not true. But appearances beget image and the world image of the U.S. has suffered greatly under Obama's rule. (This is not an endorsement of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney by any means. I have no dog in this ongoing Democratic-Republican fight for power that comes back around every 4 years).

Bottom line, Barack Obama has struggled in all his years as President of the United States. I knew from the first day he "bowed" to other foreign leaders trying to observe some sort of protocol, that his image would never be strong (and ultimately it has never recovered).

I am simply stating that Obama has failed to inspire any pro-American sentiment from other leaders around the world when it comes to terrorism and control of those that are the "enemy". He did oversee the eventual killing of Osama Bin Laden (thank you). But there haven't been many more military "victories" for him during his presidency.

He has always wanted to be a celebrity instead of a leader. He has probably gotten lost in the "I am the first black US President in history" role during his time in office. His constant "politically correct" approach to EVERYTHING on his docket is so tiring and frustrating to live through. People want someone who when needed, will assess a problem, make a strong decision, and not fumble for words when asked "why did you do this?". Without his prepared speeches on teleprompters, Obama is hopeless to talk off the top of his like a human being because he is afraid to say something wrong. He is constantly afraid of his image being tarnished. You can't run a country that way.

After 8 years of this, and due to the outside issues now facing any current leaders in the world, people have had enough. You can't believe you're "right" just because you are trying to please everybody. This is why he is leading so strongly in the Republican polls.

Look at the history of personalities and the results over the years (in my humble estimation):

Kennedy looked great and spoke well on live TV in 1960. Nixon looked sweaty and uncomfortable. Close election but Kennedy won.

Ford was weak. Carter capitalized on that with his hokey "I'm from the south" persona and won. However, we know after his one term, Carter was weak. Reagan capitalized on that and ousted him after one term. Reagan was strong, Mondale was weak. Blowout win for Reagan.

George H.W. Bush rode Reagan's coattails to easily beat a weak Dukakis. But Bush couldn't stop the charismatic onslaught that was Bill Clinton in 1992 even with all HIS closet skeletons. Clinton looked strong and he won.

Dare I say, Gore looked weak in 2000, George W. Bush capitalized. And he turned aside a weak John Kerry in 2004.

Obama used his popularity and momentum to easily beat John McCain who picked an awfully weak running mate in Sarah Palin, which ultimately did him in. Romney was weak. And as recent history bears out, it is almost impossible to oust a sitting president unless the incumbent has lost public faith (Carter 1980, Bush 1992).

So here we are approaching 2016. Dare I say that Trump is playing the Bush role from 2000, and Hillary Clinton is Al Gore. She has lessening public support as each day goes by and is as shifty and politically correct as Obama. And Obama doesn't seem as if he is excited about having to try to convince everyone she is the right peson to takeover from him. As I said, people are tired of this approach. It is weak and the world knows it.

Donald Trump is strong. He isn't trying to be a celebrity like Obama is because is already IS one (see Reagan). Now he wants to be president (see Reagan). He doesn't need to pander for money because he already HAS it. He doesn't need to speak with a filter because that's how he's become a self-made man over all these years. And like many people today, he's tired of living in a world where the U.S. in perceived as "soft" and being taken advantage of by politically correct marshmallows. Terrorism will never go away. But it certainly won't go away if the U.S. continues to employ Obama's PC approach.

Popular opinion in the press will always try to crap on Trump for what he says. But for once, the person involved doesn't care. He isn't trying to apologize or backtrack on his comments. And that's a quality that would be nice to see in the President of your country again.

Finally, here's how the ISIS and related crisis issues are:

The enemy is using a specific religion and its teachings as a catalyst for terror attacks against the U.S. and its allies. Does this mean that all Muslims are this way? Of course not. But if Trump making his statement to deny Muslims entry into the U.S. as a temporary solution to the increase in domestic attacks, how is this wrong? The Muslim leaders compiling its own group to now begin to thwart these renegades in their own part of the world is a huge step to curbing this disease.

More and more people don't care what it takes, they just want these pricks around the world to be neutralized and if possible, eliminated. And as much as the politcally correct crew want to live in a world of peace and love without war is one of those "times". Trump is your only Republican hope as I see it.

God help us all if the American public elects Hillary Clinton as your next president. You think world leaders don't respect Obama now? You ain't seen nothing yet!

boxcar
12-16-2015, 04:17 PM

I thought this country elected THE "cult of personality" twice now -- first black prez and all. It seems to me you should be used to it by now, if nothing else.

elysiantraveller
12-16-2015, 04:18 PM
I thought this country elected THE "cult of personality" twice now -- first black prez and all. It seems to me you should be used to it by now, if nothing else.

All was including both sides of the spectrum there... :)

Tom
12-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Talk about hopelessly obsessed! :lol:

Valuist
12-17-2015, 12:39 AM

They can't because the media is 99% on their side. They get the idiots and headline readers; those who's news comes from the Daily Show or SNL. They believe everything they hear and never read between the lines. And the media is always consistent in building up the liberal candidates.

Valuist
12-17-2015, 12:44 AM
I am Canadian and obviously observe your elections from afar. And what I have written here was done so with a calm demeanor and offered simply as my opinion. I invite all feedback and have no animosity toward anyone so please keep that in mind (no matter what you think of my comments if replying). Thank you.

After years of watching the ebbs and flows of American voter swings, the 2016 election so far appears as if it's one of the most important in world history. Contrary to public misconception, the Presidency of the United States is not a POPULARITY contest!

In the eyes of many around the world, the United States has "gone soft". I know that this is not true. But appearances beget image and the world image of the U.S. has suffered greatly under Obama's rule. (This is not an endorsement of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney by any means. I have no dog in this ongoing Democratic-Republican fight for power that comes back around every 4 years).

Bottom line, Barack Obama has struggled in all his years as President of the United States. I knew from the first day he "bowed" to other foreign leaders trying to observe some sort of protocol, that his image would never be strong (and ultimately it has never recovered).

I am simply stating that Obama has failed to inspire any pro-American sentiment from other leaders around the world when it comes to terrorism and control of those that are the "enemy". He did oversee the eventual killing of Osama Bin Laden (thank you). But there haven't been many more military "victories" for him during his presidency.

He has always wanted to be a celebrity instead of a leader. He has probably gotten lost in the "I am the first black US President in history" role during his time in office. His constant "politically correct" approach to EVERYTHING on his docket is so tiring and frustrating to live through. People want someone who when needed, will assess a problem, make a strong decision, and not fumble for words when asked "why did you do this?". Without his prepared speeches on teleprompters, Obama is hopeless to talk off the top of his like a human being because he is afraid to say something wrong. He is constantly afraid of his image being tarnished. You can't run a country that way.

After 8 years of this, and due to the outside issues now facing any current leaders in the world, people have had enough. You can't believe you're "right" just because you are trying to please everybody. This is why he is leading so strongly in the Republican polls.

Look at the history of personalities and the results over the years (in my humble estimation):

Kennedy looked great and spoke well on live TV in 1960. Nixon looked sweaty and uncomfortable. Close election but Kennedy won.

Ford was weak. Carter capitalized on that with his hokey "I'm from the south" persona and won. However, we know after his one term, Carter was weak. Reagan capitalized on that and ousted him after one term. Reagan was strong, Mondale was weak. Blowout win for Reagan.

George H.W. Bush rode Reagan's coattails to easily beat a weak Dukakis. But Bush couldn't stop the charismatic onslaught that was Bill Clinton in 1992 even with all HIS closet skeletons. Clinton looked strong and he won.

Dare I say, Gore looked weak in 2000, George W. Bush capitalized. And he turned aside a weak John Kerry in 2004.

Obama used his popularity and momentum to easily beat John McCain who picked an awfully weak running mate in Sarah Palin, which ultimately did him in. Romney was weak. And as recent history bears out, it is almost impossible to oust a sitting president unless the incumbent has lost public faith (Carter 1980, Bush 1992).

So here we are approaching 2016. Dare I say that Trump is playing the Bush role from 2000, and Hillary Clinton is Al Gore. She has lessening public support as each day goes by and is as shifty and politically correct as Obama. And Obama doesn't seem as if he is excited about having to try to convince everyone she is the right peson to takeover from him. As I said, people are tired of this approach. It is weak and the world knows it.

Donald Trump is strong. He isn't trying to be a celebrity like Obama is because is already IS one (see Reagan). Now he wants to be president (see Reagan). He doesn't need to pander for money because he already HAS it. He doesn't need to speak with a filter because that's how he's become a self-made man over all these years. And like many people today, he's tired of living in a world where the U.S. in perceived as "soft" and being taken advantage of by politically correct marshmallows. Terrorism will never go away. But it certainly won't go away if the U.S. continues to employ Obama's PC approach.

Popular opinion in the press will always try to crap on Trump for what he says. But for once, the person involved doesn't care. He isn't trying to apologize or backtrack on his comments. And that's a quality that would be nice to see in the President of your country again.

The enemy is using a specific religion and its teachings as a catalyst for terror attacks against the U.S. and its allies. Does this mean that all Muslims are this way? Of course not. But if Trump making his statement to deny Muslims entry into the U.S. as a temporary solution to the increase in domestic attacks, how is this wrong? The Muslim leaders compiling its own group to now begin to thwart these renegades in their own part of the world is a huge step to curbing this disease.

More and more people don't care what it takes, they just want these pricks around the world to be neutralized and if possible, eliminated. And as much as the politcally correct crew want to live in a world of peace and love without war is one of those "times". Trump is your only Republican hope as I see it.

God help us all if the American public elects Hillary Clinton as your next president. You think world leaders don't respect Obama now? You ain't seen nothing yet!

Maybe there is hope for Canada. Probably the only good political post from a Canadian on the board that I can remember.

dkithore
12-17-2015, 09:12 AM

Hey u can praise hilarious Hilary instead!

dkithore
12-17-2015, 09:18 AM

Nice synopsis and very agreeable conclusion.

LottaKash
12-17-2015, 12:14 PM
“Presidents are selected, not elected.”

― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gee, I wonder how he would know that ?...