PDA

View Full Version : Printing help needed.

gillenr
12-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Due to my deteriorating vision, I need to print pps bigger. I tried to print from Foxit in landscape mode on my HP laser but it still comes out portrait. I tried using "rotate" in Foxit - no help.

wilderness
12-15-2015, 06:58 AM
After selecting print from Foxit, another screen will appear for your printer driver.
From that screen, select properties.
Then navigate thru the options/tabs until locate the page which offers 'Orientation'.
From that section select landscape and than OK yourself through completion.
It may be a good idea to do a test with a single page prior to printing and entire program (when printing in Landscape and with a larger font your page numbers will increase dramatically.

wilderness
12-15-2015, 07:03 AM
Due to my deteriorating vision,

FWIW, cataracts are fairly common these days (been almost two years since I had both eyes done), and I'd suggest getting it checked out.

Tom
12-15-2015, 12:25 PM
http://www.americanreadingglasses.com/high-magnification-106/

4X magnification works well for me with fine print.

gillenr
12-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks Don, but did that. Macular degeneration is my problem now.
Think I've tried that setup, but will try again.

gillenr
12-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Thanks Tom, how well does that work for marking up PPs? I'm a pencil & paper capper.

gillenr
12-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks to all.
I unchecked "auto-rotate" & "auto-center" and set the printer to 125%.
The pages do run over but I can deal with that.

Dave Schwartz
12-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Do they still make printers that will print legal-size paper?

If so, try to find one. This will let you print wider.

gillenr
12-16-2015, 12:07 AM
Upon further review...that didn't work. The bottom of the page doesn't run over, it just is gone.

wilderness
12-16-2015, 02:01 AM
Do they still make printers that will print legal-size paper?

If so, try to find one. This will let you print wider.

Dave,
My HP LaserJet does, as I'm sure others do.
Another option may be a copy machine with a USB and/or hard drive. Most Copy machines will print some rather large paper. I used one to print pages of the Horse Review's, which are 14 x 17.

wilderness
12-16-2015, 02:02 AM
Upon further review...that didn't work. The bottom of the page doesn't run over, it just is gone.

Did you try setting the 'properties (Landscape)' in your printer driver prior to opening the PDF?

gillenr
12-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Try these settings.

layout = portrait

Scaling type = Tile Large Pages
Page Zoom = 124%
Overlap = .500 (may need to play with this so the printer margins don't cut off anything important)

Cut Marks N
Labels N
Auto-rotate Y
Auto Center N

whodoyoulike
12-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Try these settings.

layout = portrait

Scaling type = Tile Large Pages
Page Zoom = 124%
Overlap = .500 (may need to play with this so the printer margins don't cut off anything important)

Cut Marks N
Labels N
Auto-rotate Y
Auto Center N

Try layout = landscape not portrait as someone else previously suggested. I don't know what the other conditions mean but Page Zoom = 124% or something like it sounds good.