PDA

View Full Version : Prado Out With 6 Broken Ribs

Dr Gonzo
12-13-2015, 08:59 PM
You gotta see this race replay (skip ahead to 14:00). It's bad, but could have been been much worse for Edgar.

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing/race-replays

EMD4ME
12-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Cheez. It looked like he wasn't in the stirrups as they opened the gates. That was scary.

Didn't the assistant starter scream NO NO NO or something to delay the start?

horses4courses
12-13-2015, 09:08 PM
I don't have a handle on Prado's history of injuries.
One thing I do know - he's no spring chicken.

Hope he recovers well from this.
Jockeys are the closest thing to human pin cushions. :ThmbDown:

Dr Gonzo
12-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Cheez. It looked like he wasn't in the stirrups as they opened the gates. That was scary.

Didn't the assistant starter scream NO NO NO or something to delay the start?

Quite a few jockeys have gone down in the early going at Gulfstream. Coincidence ?

EMD4ME
12-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Quite a few jockeys have gone down in the early going at Gulfstream. Coincidence ?

I don't follow it so I can't speak. What's your opinion? That the starters are incompetent?

Appy
12-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Never heard how the horse came out of it. Legslikebetty or something like that.

Hoofless_Wonder
12-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Never heard how the horse came out of it. Legslikebetty or something like that.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/96546/prado-taken-to-hospital-after-being-unseated

Breaking from the outside post in the 7 1/2-furlong maiden turf sprint, Legs Like Betty bolted to the outside fence and dumped the 48-year-old Prado before jumping the temporary outer rail onto the main track, according to track reports. After getting up, the 2-year-old filly ran to the top of the stretch before being caught by outriders.

Poor Prado. I broke four ribs in a motorcycle accident, and it ain't no fun. They told me it would take six weeks for them to heal, and it was more like six months before they stopped hurting.

Hopefully none of his wise-cracking buddies stops by to cheer him up. Laughing is not desired.

Tom
12-14-2015, 07:30 AM
I had a cracked rib once and if was very painful. I can't imagine what 6 broken ones feel like.

Poor guy!

v j stauffer
12-15-2015, 06:15 AM
Put Gary Stevens on RunHappy for the Malibu.