PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct, Saturday, December 12

Teach
12-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Well, back up to 134k. Here we go again at NYRA’s racing emporium in South Ozone, Queens, New York. Yesterday simply blew me away. Yes, frankly, I found it hard to believe. I could have certainly made a case for three of the six winners in yesterday’s Pick-6. Willet in the eighth race was viable. In fact, as I recall, announcer Travis Stone picked him in “Talking Horses”. I felt that if Tricky Zippy didn’t fire, he was “the horse”. In the ninth, Loose Money was certainly possible. My concern here was how would this turf horse handle the main; he handled it very well. The DQ in the 5th race lead to Onecats Chance’s trip to the winner’s circle. He was very much a factor. But some of the others. Wow! 5 Arch Or Nothing was a surprise in the opening leg. Don’t you just hate getting knocked out in the first leg. But the real shockers came later. After a significant delay in which one of the horses is a late scratch, 5 King Dublin goes wire to wire. And, as if to add insult to injury, Dylan Davis come back in the very next race to “boot home” a 100-dollar horse. As Tony Soprano would say, “Fuhgetaboutit!” Well, it’s back to the drawing board. I’ll be back later with my evaluations of the speed and endurance of thoroughbred race horses.

ebcorde
12-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Well, back up to 134k. Here we go again at NYRA’s racing emporium in South Ozone, Queens, New York. Yesterday simply blew me away. Yes, frankly, I found it hard to believe. I could have certainly made a case for three of the six winners in yesterday’s Pick-6. Willet in the eighth race was viable. In fact, as I recall, announcer Travis Stone picked him in “Talking Horses”. I felt that if Tricky Zippy didn’t fire, he was “the horse”. In the ninth, Loose Money was certainly possible. My concern here was how would this turf horse handle the main; he handled it very well. The DQ in the 5th race lead to Onecats Chance’s trip to the winner’s circle. He was very much a factor. But some of the others. Wow! 5 Arch Or Nothing was a surprise in the opening leg. Don’t you just hate getting knocked out in the first leg. But the real shockers came later. After a significant delay in which one of the horses is a late scratch, 5 King Dublin goes wire to wire. And, as if to add insult to injury, Dylan Davis come back in the very next race to “boot home” a 100-dollar horse. As Tony Soprano would say, “Fuhgetaboutit!” Well, it’s back to the drawing board. I’ll be back later with my evaluations of the speed and endurance of thoroughbred race horses.

I blame the $100 winner on Oritz falling off the horse. the field slowed down when the riderless horse was in front, the longshot's short burst took it.

Teach
12-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Here we go to Sheepshead Bay;
The Pick-6 Is Ours To Slay.

Race One:

:5: MACH SEVEN

Others: :2: CASTAWAY; :1: STAR OF NEW YORK; :6: DAGGETT

Race Two:

:7: SURFSPUN

Others: :5: VANCOUVER; :2: THIRTY PERCENT; :3: PROMISE AND HOPE

Race Three:

:5: GOODTOLOOK

Others: :6: READTHEPROSPECTUS; :3: MORE ZEN TEA; :1: TUG OF WAR

Race Four:

:4: NOBODY MOVE gets my nod to start off today’s Aqueduct Pick-6. This D’Funnybone-bred 2 year-old gelding finished fourth on a wet surface in his only start. There is definitely room for improvement. I believe this gelding should find a dry surface more to his liking. Jockey Kendrick Carmouche, “The King of Philadelphia,” reprises the the ride for trainer Pat Reynolds

OTHERS: :9: I’M FUNNY HOW; :6: INFORMATION CENTER; :3: GUYANA CAT

Race Five:

:1: PETROCELLI (“Little Rock”) should be the controlling speed. As the old handicapper used to say, “Speed loose on the lead is dangerous”. Petrocelli may do just that this afternoon. Harry Hernandez for trainer David Jacobson.

OTHERS: :3: TOTAL JOINT; :7: GROUPTHINK; :5: SIR MACHO

Race Six:

:5: TWICE MIKE has won four out of ten lifetime starts at this route distance. He was last seen entered in an Indiana non-graded state-bred stakes; he finished up the track. However, prior to that, this gelding easily won at “The Spa” in this company. I believe this 6 year-old is now at a level where he can contend. Jeremiah Englehart trains; Manny Franco is in the irons.

OTHERS: 3 :3: LOOKING COOL; :6: UTOPIAN; :7: FINN’S QUEST

Race Seven:

:1: LEAVE THE LIGHT ON is a highly-priced chestnut colt who could be any kind of horse. After finishing up the track at Belmont last September, this Chad Brown-trainee has reeled off two straight wins. His last was an impressive wire-to-wire job in the prestigious Grade II Remsen. Jose Ortiz reprises the ride for trainer Brown.

Others: :7: DANCE CHAMPION; :9: MADE IN DETROIT; :2: FARHAAN

Race Eight:

:1: CARAMEAWAY is my pick in the non-graded Bay Ridge Stakes for New York state-breds. I believe you can toss out this mare’s last, a race in which this mare set blazing early fractions; she ended up finishing last. More careful handling by the veteran Aaron Gryder should have this mare in the thick of things. She’ll have to be rated carefully. If so, she can get the job done. Mitchell Friedman trains.

Others: :3: FLIPCUP; :8: TEMPER MINT PATTY; :6: SHERIFFA.

Race Nine:

:11: GAMING is on the improve in this New York state-bred MSW sprint. The outside may well be the place to be. I watched the replay of this colt’s last race. He was severely whacked at the start by the the number-10 horse just to his outside. From then on this colt was meandering around the track like Dorothy on “The Yellow Brick Road” in “The Wizard of Oz”. Finally, as the horse moved into the stretch, this colt found his best stride and just missed finishing second to a runaway winner, Spooked Out. Gabriel Saez in the irons for trainer Gary Gullo.

Others: :9: GUARDIAN; :8: FUMIN NEWMAN; :5: GUARANTEED

mannyberrios
12-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Good luck