PDA

View Full Version : Advertising ? for www.hgracing.net

roygrubb
06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Just a quick and maybe dumb question. We're trying to get a site for my dad out there and moving traffic.

http://www.hgracing.net

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best places to advertise for free or cheap?

Thanks,
Roy

Dick Schmidt
06-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Well, you could post your web site on every board you can find and then ask people the best way to attract attention since you are so new and naive.

Oh wait, you know that one . . .

Dick

There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.

roygrubb
06-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Geez.... so harsh

Now I know why you go by Dick instead of Richard

JustRalph
06-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by roygrubb
Geez.... so harsh

Now I know why you go by Dick instead of Richard

rough room...........? Huh Dick! LOL;)

schweitz
06-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt
Well, you could post your web site on every board you can find and then ask people the best way to attract attention since you are so new and naive.

Dick

lol :D

roygrubb
06-17-2004, 10:11 PM
sorry about that Dick,

I'm not like that so sorry to come off the wrong way k? It's just I've spent hours on end building this site and I guess I thought the marketing part would be easy..... to my surprise getting someone to your site is the hard part. Sometimes I wish racetracking was my life again instead of computer work lol... this is my way of showing my dad I still love the business and I hope it has one hell of a comeback!

Talk to ya' later,
Roy
http://www.hgracing.net

PaceAdvantage
06-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt

Dick

LOL

Dick Schmidt
06-18-2004, 01:57 AM
People named Grubb probably shouldn't make fun of other people's names. I've been Dick my entire life, and like the name. The double meaning jokes don't bother me, I've heard them all. Happy Grubbing.

Dick

There's an old Southern saying about this. Never wrassle in the mud with a damned old hog. You only get dirty, and the hog likes it.

sq764
06-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Ok, a few tips that worked when we started our website..

1) Go to all the link exchange sites, you can find many websites in your category that are in the same boat you are.

2) Most sites will do a link exchange with you, and if you find a high traffic site, it will certainly benefit you more than them

3) Do not continute to post questions about advertising about your site, then including the link. You are going to piss everyone off and they will never want to visit your site.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom
06-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Work the word "nude" into your url.....if you say it, they will come.

Hosshead
06-18-2004, 11:07 PM
You mean like:
wwwscantilycladfillies_wearingasaddle/needing occassional whip?

JustRalph
06-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Hosshead
You mean like:
wwwscantilycladfillies_wearingasaddle/needing occassional whip?

now that is funny........

look up "Meta Tags" and you will also learn more about this.

There is always the other opton..........

Spend some damn money to have it listed with Google and the rest. God Forbid anybody spend some money on the Internet.

kenwoodallpromos
06-19-2004, 11:46 PM
You can do like the CIA does and put up phony pro-terrorist sites. might draw the wrong lookers.
Spend a little and put classified ads in orbes, Robb Report, Wall Street Journal, JAMA.

kenwoodallpromos
06-19-2004, 11:59 PM
To a potential owner, your text is too negative. Check other trainers' sites to see what they do. They are your competition and at bigger tracks.