PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Wednesday, December 9

Teach
12-09-2015, 11:37 AM
The piece de resistance on today’s Aqueduct card is the $123k Pick-Six carryover that I expect will grow exponentially. Thus, I’m giving short shrift to the first three races and homing in on my thoughts for Races 4 – 9.

Race One:

:2: COMFORT LEVEL. Others: :4: FIERY CAT; :7: LADY LIANA; :1: SHAKESPERIAN DREAM

Race Two:

:2: LEGEND OF LORELEI. Others: :4: FIRST SHOWING; :3: NIGHT MADAM; :6: CELTIC SERENADE

Race Three:

:3: MISTER POPSICLE. Others: :1: REGAL MINISTER; :6: TRIPLE PLAY; :5: PRINCE ZURS

Race Four:

:6: WYNHURST reminds me of Stevenson’s Strange Case of Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde. Which colt do we get? The one that’s won three races out of seven this year, or do we get the one that was eased in his last in Philly and was walked off? If we get the former, just about everyone at “The Big A” and all the “punters” around the country will be alive after this first leg. On the other hand, I do believe in “buying insurance”. Although I’m picking Wynhurst, I still have gnawing concerns… Yet, who else? I know you can’t bet them all, but I’ll toss out a few names and numbers: :7: REAL ESTATE RICH; :1: McKENZIE’S WAY; :4: NATIVE HERO.

Race Five:

:6: UNO EMAYO has faced off against New York State-bred stakes competition, albeit with little success. This D’Funnybone-bred gelding now meets the kind of competition he should be able to handle. This 2 year-old draws outside and should be able to mount a strong, closing stretch run. Cornelio Velasquez for the red-hot trainer, Rudy Rodriguez. Others: :3: ZEN PAPA; :5: TABADDOL; :1: MY MAN AL.

Race Six:

:1: DONTBETWITHBRUNO faced some of the best horses in the country in the Haskell. This Tiznow-bred now drops in for a 35K tag. Frankly, I’m scratching my head (what’s left of my bald pate). Have the once mighty fallen that far? If this colt is any semblance… I repeat, if this colt is any semblance of his former self, he should romp. Yet, I for one, am going to back up this choice. Others: :7: AMERICAN SOLDIER; :3: COMES THE DREAM; :5: FAKE DREAMS.

Race Seven:

:6: VISIONARY RULER tried the turf at Hawthorne in his last; he finished up the track. Well, he’s now back on his favorite surface. The last time he ran on the main he won at Hawthorne against similar quality horses. Trainer Ramon Preciado does very well in most racing categories. Gabriel Saez is in the irons. Others: :7: SONGA; :1: FRAZIL; :3: PEGASUS RED

Race Eight:

:5: NORTH EIGHT STREET could be any kind of horse. Yet, this is no walk-over. The Big Brown-bred filly did win at first asking. The filly was then ambitiously entered in the state-bred non-graded Busanda, but she finished out of the money. In her third, most recent start, she finished third in at a mile in an optional claimer. Trainer Dom Schettino does well with beaten favorites. Jose Ortiz is in the irons. One note of caution. Caveat emptor: the filly’s been away from the racetrack for 10 months. Yet, her morning works have been good. OTHERS: :4: BELLA JOY; :3: BRANDINI; :6: MISS RICKLES.

Race Nine:

:5: INTERIOR SECRETARY has faced better. Class-wise, this chestnut gelding looks like the horse to beat. This A.P. Indy-bred has been well backed in most of his starts. I don’t see any reason for that to change this afternoon. I’m sure that if you’re alive through the first five races, you’ll have lots of company with those who have a betting interest in this horse. Jose Ortiz for George Weaver. If you’re thinking of “buying insurance,” I’ll toss out a few names and numbers that I believe might have a chance if my top pick comes up short. Others: :4: Rich Dalone; :11: Elusive New Yorker; :12: El Genio.

mannyberrios
12-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Thanks for those great picks