PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Sunday, December 6

Teach
12-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Race One:
:7: Champagne Therapy is my off-the-wall, longshot try in the opener, a maiden-claiming sprint for New York state-breds. Hard to quantify. This Freud-bred filly has shown little in her only two starts; yet, there is room for improvement. For one, blinkers on (I like to see the trainer experiment with equipment changes). Speaking of trainers, Richard Schosberg (he’s having a solid meet) does very well with horses going from Maiden-Specials to Maiden-Claiming. Decent morning works (though I would have liked to have seen an added furlong or two). The Dam, Scottish Bubbly, produced four winners from five starters, two of those were stakes winners. Junior Alvarado is in the irons. Others: :8: , :6: , :4:

Race Two:

:5: Here’s Zealicious is like “Ol’ Man River, she just keeps rollin’ along.” I like her in this state-bred maiden-claiming sprint. It’s “The Indian Connection”: Trainer Naipaul Chatterpaul and Jockey Andre Worrie. Frankly, although I like this Dehere-bred mare, I’m concerned that neither the trainer, nor the jockey, have won at this meet. Well, I guess there’s a first time for everything. I believe this mare has a shot. Last time, she was entered in the non-graded state-bred stakes, The Iroquois. “No impact”. Today, she’s in with the kind she can handle. Others: :4: , :3: , :2:

Race Three:

:1: Matty’s Wondergirl is my choice in this maiden-claiming turf route. This Machiavellian-bred was third in her last in this company. Any slight improvement… “Double-A,” Angel Arroyo, is in the irons for David Donk. Trainer Donk does reasonably well with maiden claimers. This Stephen Got Even-bred filly has hit the tote in three out of seven lifetime turf tries. Others: :2: , :3: , :5:

Race Four:

:3: Nabeelah is my pick in this MSW sprint. What jumps out: First Time Lasix. Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin does exceptionally well with horses getting Lasix for the first time. I’ll give this filly “a mulligan” off her last race; she finished fourth. The slight half-panel stretch out should help. This Bernardini-bred’s most recent morning work was a good one. “D-D,” Dylan Davis, is in the irons. Others: :9: , :10: , :4:

Race Five:
:1: Bullheaded Boy gets my nod in this this OC turf route. This Tiznow-bred colt won the last time he drew "the inside". Jockey Manny Franco will need to find room and then angle this colt out for a winning stretch drive. Trainer Todd Pletcher does very well in all racing categories. This colt has won twice and finished second once in five tries on the lawn. Others: :5: , :7: , :8:

Race Six:

:12: Ranger’s Coming is my choice in the state-bred MSW route. This Danzig-bred 2 year-old colt has been the model of consistency: he’s finished third in four out of his five lifetime starts. What do I like? First, Blinkers off. Second, Turf to dirt. Third, Slight cut-back. C.C. Lopez has the call for trainer Pat Reynolds. Others: :10: , :7: , :5:

Race Seven:

:10: Late Night Mark won his last at this distance on this surface about a month ago. This gelding does move up to n2L off his most recent maiden-breaking win. The most capable Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons for trainer George Weaver. Trainer Weaver does well with third starts off a layoff. This Irish-bred’s mare, Khatela, is a prolific turf producer. This Dam has produced eight winners and one stakes winner with ten foals. Others: :6: , :7: , :4:

Race Eight:

:12: Cuantos is my pick in this OC state-bred sprint. How often does the horse with the “bullet” works come back to win his/her next pari-mutuel start? This Read The Footnotes-bred colt has turned in two “sizzlers”. Ready? I think so. Jose Ortiz for trainer Mark Hennig. Others: :10: , :7: , :5:

Race Nine:

:11: Cap’s Vow is my pick in this n2L turf route. This Broken Vow-bred filly now drops into the “selling ranks”. At this level, she should be able to prevail. The Unbridled-bred filly has hit the board in all but one lifetime start. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons for trainer Graham Motion. Trainer Motion does well with both claiming and first-time claiming races. Others: :10: , :8: , :6: