PDA

View Full Version : The (mass) shootings not being talked about

iceknight
12-03-2015, 11:39 PM
1. On this board, I don't see a separate thread about the shooting at Planned Parenthood that killed 3 people (1 LEO, 1 veteran and 1 other adult), and injured several.

2. On CNN as well as several left leaning news sites, there is NOT much chatter about the shooting at New Orleans (no one died, but several ~17 were injured) ..and there is NO discussion of the suspect definitely.
and I think that is bs self censorship when it does nt fit an agenda..
See e.g. CNN - which seems to have pulled a video that comes up in search but does nt play and it says it is no longer available.

Edit: Huffo did have 1-2 articles on it,but vewwy veww quiet (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/at-least-10-people-shot-at-new-orleans-playground_56527db2e4b0d4093a58322e)
scr cap

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/23/new-orleans-shooting-wvue-dt-butted-sot.cnn

A New Orleans park shooting injures over a dozen
06:18 AM, Nov 23, 2015
A dispute in a New Orleans park injured at least sixteen people. Hear from investigators on the scene.

So it is basically a sad state of things when political agendas seem to be the top priority!! Woooohoooo - World's (self proclaimed) greatest nation behaving exactly like many other so called corrupt/third world/ countries.

I see no civilized moderate debate anywhere on the actual issues or an attempt to get to the root. No attempt at even unbiased research or investigation into anything and two large factions that get swayed by their respective talking heads.
Wunderbar!

Also, in m opinion 2. is more serious, way more serious than 1.

Hoofless_Wonder
12-04-2015, 04:31 AM
That's a symptom of six companies owning 90% of media outlets, and their death grip is only going to get worse. More changes in copyright laws are going to affect internet content. And with limits on free speech the new trend on college campuses, there will be plenty of support to keep everyone in line.

We're Germany, 1932.

NorCalGreg
12-04-2015, 06:01 AM
1. On this board, I don't see a separate thread about the shooting at Planned Parenthood that killed 3 people (1 LEO, 1 veteran and 1 other adult), and injured several.

2. On CNN as well as several left leaning news sites, there is NOT much chatter about the shooting at New Orleans (no one died, but several ~17 were injured) ..and there is NO discussion of the suspect definitely.
and I think that is bs self censorship when it does nt fit an agenda..
See e.g. CNN - which seems to have pulled a video that comes up in search but does nt play and it says it is no longer available.

Edit: Huffo did have 1-2 articles on it,but vewwy veww quiet (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/at-least-10-people-shot-at-new-orleans-playground_56527db2e4b0d4093a58322e)
scr cap

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/23/new-orleans-shooting-wvue-dt-butted-sot.cnn

A New Orleans park shooting injures over a dozen
06:18 AM, Nov 23, 2015
A dispute in a New Orleans park injured at least sixteen people. Hear from investigators on the scene.

So it is basically a sad state of things when political agendas seem to be the top priority!! Woooohoooo - World's (self proclaimed) greatest nation behaving exactly like many other so called corrupt/third world/ countries.

I see no civilized moderate debate anywhere on the actual issues or an attempt to get to the root. No attempt at even unbiased research or investigation into anything and two large factions that get swayed by their respective talking heads.
Wunderbar!

Also, in m opinion 2. is more serious, way more serious than 1.

As far as #1......you really care so deeply about this iceknight? Yet here you are--starting a thread about the lack of coverage, or even a thread on this site -but you don't bother to start a thread yourself when it happened? Help me understand this.
Maybe if people in this (self-proclaimed) greatest nation didn't sit on their ass and wait for someone else to do the right thing...we wouldn't be so F'ed up.

As far as #2---this happens so frequently----any kind of gathering, hip hop music, Myrtle beach bike event, even a neighborhood party where people get high, one wrong look turns into a mass shooting.....barely registers a blip anymore.

And you want video 2 weeks later? Sorry to be so harsh, but your comments struck a nerve. I'm really just venting in general.
Enjoy your day
-NCG

Tom
12-04-2015, 07:39 AM
I mentioned it in the in the other thread.
Look up a photo of the guy in custody and you will see why Obama has ignored it.

iceknight
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM
As far as #1......you really care so deeply about this iceknight? Yet here you are--starting a thread about the lack of coverage, or even a thread on this site -but you don't bother to start a thread yourself when it happened? Help me understand this.
Maybe if people in this (self-proclaimed) greatest nation didn't sit on their ass and wait for someone else to do the right thing...we wouldn't be so F'ed up.

As far as #2---this happens so frequently----any kind of gathering, hip hop music, Myrtle beach bike event, even a neighborhood party where people get high, one wrong look turns into a mass shooting.....barely registers a blip anymore.

And you want video 2 weeks later? Sorry to be so harsh, but your comments struck a nerve. I'm really just venting in general.
Enjoy your day
-NCG No need to apologize. But here is my reason. I was not able to log on much to this site during thanksgiving week. I checked my post timings (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5321381) and it backs up that I did nt make other posts between 24th and Dec 2. I might have checked the site on mobile, but probably was not able to post. Whenever I came around to viewing the Offtopic this week, I noticed this gap and it is why I started this thread.

But, more than that, I also wanted to be clear to note that this selective reporting exists on all fronts, which is a shame. See note below to why I was looking for any type of news,not a video in particular, but that is what came up in a search inside CNN's website - although they seem to have scrubbed it.

America is still one of the great places, but crony capitalism is my biggest complaint though.

I mentioned it in the in the other thread.
Look up a photo of the guy in custody and you will see why Obama has ignored it. I heard about it ONLY after I read your post and saw the pic. It is after that I thought I would check to see if CNN covered it all. They covered (it up)!!

Robert Goren
12-05-2015, 08:17 AM
Mass shooting have become so prominent that unless they involve a large number of dead or at a high profile target or a copy cat of recent shooting or appear to Islamic related, they are not going to make the national news. Mere gang related drive by shooting don't make the cut anymore. Sadly, It is times we live in.

Tom
12-05-2015, 09:33 AM
No, Bobby, it is the alleged news media.
FOX covered it.