PDA

View Full Version : AQU 8th 12/2 - claimed or not claimed?

SG4
12-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Hard to understand what's going on here, maybe the "optional" part of this optional claiming race means if you can't see the horses during the race, you have the option to take any of them home with you?

Either way can someone explain to me the deal on Aqueduct's 8th race from today - both Juba & Bridget's Big Luvy were in this race under the allowance conditions, no claiming price on either in DRF or Equibase, yet both charts show these horses being claimed & list new trainers & owners. Is the mix up here with the horses (were there 2 actual other claims from this race?) or is someone else in trouble for some erroneous moves?

cj
12-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Has to be a mistake because neither was entered with a tag as you noted.

NorCalGreg
12-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Hard to understand what's going on here, maybe the "optional" part of this optional claiming race means if you can't see the horses during the race, you have the option to take any of them home with you?

Either way can someone explain to me the deal on Aqueduct's 8th race from today - both Juba & Bridget's Big Luvy were in this race under the allowance conditions, no claiming price on either in DRF or Equibase, yet both charts show these horses being claimed & list new trainers & owners. Is the mix up here with the horses (were there 2 actual other claims from this race?) or is someone else in trouble for some erroneous moves?

hmmmm...yeah SG4, took me a second to figure this out. There were 5 horses up for the optional claim price--but the 2 that were claimed---weren't among those. How on earth did you spot that?? Wow!

Sorry I don't have a clue, but tread lightly when mentioning anything appearing shady with NY racing....conspiracy theorists are afoot. :D

SG4
12-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Believe mystery solved, looks like the 2 & 3 from the previous race were claimed, all charts cleaned up of the error now